Kapow Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought I read over the weekend that the Knights were releasing a hooker next year and the speculation was it was to free up room for Robbie.

Hearing bird and Marty both signed for 2017, trying to get them for next year with tHese "swap" deals but both highly unlikely!

The latter.
2UE and 2GB have a combined news team but they never break a story, just repeat what's in the newspapers. Radio news = newspapers for the blind.
So their intrepid team of reporters weren't out all Sunday tenaciously following up on the telegraph story ?

Kapow AND Bird!!

I could get very excited about that, but I got excited by Kane Elgy as well and we all know how that ended up.

$700,000 for Kapow! Big money, but he's probably worth it.
He would put some mongrel and menace into our pack which has been lacking in the past two seasons. Liam Knight also has a controlled aggression which is exciting to watch.
Lussick has aggression but it is anything but controlled. Maybe with the steady play of Myles and Jake Turbo he'll learn to curb his 'enthusiasm'.

It would be interesting to know how long the contract is for and if released by the Tigers now, how much of that $700k would they be paying for so as not to impact on the cap for this season. Following years wouldn't be an issue with Lyon and Matai retiring, or at least I assume they would be retiring coupled with the increase in the cap due to the new broadcasting rights.

I'd be curious to know how they would fit Kapau and Bird under the cap if Balin dug his heels in and Matai wasn't being released to Cronulla as has been reported.

I believe the 700K is for 2017 when the cap is projected to increase significantly (at which point a plodder like Lussick would probably get that on the open market). That's not a deal like DCE's that increases with cap rises. If it's a hard number then it's probably cheap if he gives us what we need.

His 2016 number would most likely be lower if we can get him across for next year.

We have been missing a strike forward for a while now, the role that Choc used to play.

Kapow is the missing link.

If we can snag Bird, even for 2017 and beyond , plus keep Liam Knight, the Turbo's plus the others we have I can see another stint at glory in the near future rather than off in the distance.

I think this year must have shaken up the owners as much as it did us.

I haven't liked what they have done, and how they have done it but you can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

I believe the 700K is for 2017 when the cap is projected to increase significantly (at which point a plodder like Lussick would probably get that on the open market). That's not a deal like DCE's that increases with cap rises. If it's a hard number then it's probably cheap if he gives us what we need.

His 2016 number would most likely be lower if we can get him across for next year.
Sorry I should have made the question clearer, that is assuming Manly get his services for next year (2016). It has been reported in the media he is asking for an immediate release from the Tigers to join Manly. The Tigers offered him $1.1mil over two years which would have to be a pretty decent upgrade to what he is on at the moment which he knocked back.

Sorry I should have made the question clearer, that is assuming Manly get his services for next year (2016). It has been reported in the media he is asking for an immediate release from the Tigers to join Manly. The Tigers offered him $1.1mil over two years which would have to be a pretty decent upgrade to what he is on at the moment which he knocked back.
I guess it depends on whether you believe we were out of cash or whether they had some left. I don't think even with the DCE upgrade and the players we have signed that we could have used our entire cap. DCE has 3rd party endorsements. Myles is on 500K - fine, Lus**** 450 - again, whatever. Moltzen would be on a disability pension and then we let a few guys go. Plus Watmongs 300K of bonuses are off the books, the Warriors still pay some of Mateo's deal next year (his last) so there had to be money left over. Then you add in JSL and Gutho going and the promotion of some u20's into the squad to fill it out - I reckon there is enough there now for Tapau and Bird easily.

Must admit to some mixed feelings about these stories.

I want Manly to win the comp. But buying up big names makes me feel a tad uneasy. Maybe it’s due to psychological scarring from the dim past when we had wall-to wall stars but failed to take the biggest prize – such as 1995 or the early 80s.

I really enjoyed our most recent era which was a gradual build-up that really felt like ‘Manly’ and in hindsight was a little different in character to our previous great eras.

Not really complaining though - bring on Bird and Marty, and watch us go!

Do we have a jersy to fit Tapau's arms? Huge guns.
Forms part of his contract and covered by a third party agreement. I hear Manly have engaged a separate manufacturer in China to make it so when he gets angry it will tear like the shirt on the Incredible Hulk.

It's all part of the intimidation ploy being adopted on the footy field next season to scare the Roosters and Bulldogs forward packs.

As for Moltzen being on a disability pension, it must be a TPA with Centrelink!

Last edited:
FB_IMG_1436653453952-1.jpg
Kapow!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4