Kane Elgey -->Manly√

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What are the choices facing the decision makers?

(1) Safe all pennies and buy an established 5/8 for say $800k-$1mil if any are available ...

(2) Pay say $300k for a player like Elgey who has shown good potential but has "stalled"

(3) Make do hoping T.Wright, Cust or Metcalf step up ....

PSS ... I haven't heard that Croker is leaving yet

(1) and (3) at the same time with Kelly added to the (3) group.

The reality of PSS scares the sh!t out of me.

Their loan was declined as they couldn't meet the new living expenses requirements

Zorba thought that they were edible cakes

(1) Safe all pennies and buy an established 5/8 for say $800k-$1mil if any are available ...

(2) Pay say $300k for a player like Elgey who has shown good potential but has "stalled"

Ha Ha punchie ...... "safe all pennies" ........

I’d much rather give Cust or Metcalf a crack than bring Elgey over. I don’t think he is 1st grade material and I don’t see why we constantly go after the Titan’s cast offs - from coaches to head of strength and conditioning, Nate Myles and now Elgey? Enough already.
And the talk of us hiring ex titans failed coach Neil Henry

I'm hoping Kelly, Tom Wright or Walker will make 5/8 their own. But Elgey did show a lot of promise and could be a good match for DCE. Problem is that we will have too many potentially top players and too few positions. T.T. Anderson, Taufua, Tom W. Kelly, Walker, Suli, maybe Cust and Metcalfe. Is it worth bringing Elgey in and lose one of our potential stars. Big risk in my opinion

Not sure Barrett is the man to kick start his stalled career.Croker was on a 1 yr contract

Reasons why please.

Kane is an instinctive player. He is excellent when attacking his oppositions try line. He isn't afraid to run the ball and has an excellent kicking game. His defence is a problem. Anyone that has been watching him playing for tweed in the q-cup will have seen what he is capable of. I know a lot of people are saying the titans don't want him and that he can't hold his spot....but I don't think Kane is happy there. A change of scenery and an experienced halves partner would do him the world of good, and give us so much more strikepower when attacking.

JMO.

Kane is an instinctive player. He is excellent when attacking his oppositions try line. He isn't afraid to run the ball and has an excellent kicking game. His defence is a problem. Anyone that has been watching him playing for tweed in the q-cup will have seen what he is capable of. I know a lot of people are saying the titans don't want him and that he can't hold his spot....but I don't think Kane is happy there. A change of scenery and an experienced halves partner would do him the world of good, and give us so much more strikepower when attacking.

JMO.

I haven't seen him that good but I hope you are right mate.

Small blokes have to have plenty of heart to survive at half or hooker in the NRL. I'm not sure this Elgy has what it takes. Good attacking organising half who shines in lesser competition. But Croker is a gun compared to Elgy when It comes to defence. His nick name should be speed bump.

The makings of a decent backline player in any position. What are the required 5/8 skills you don't see in Kelly?

**** mate. If you need me to explain to you the difference between the way a half plays and an outside back plays you should flick to netball.

I know this is very un-porpular around here, and big shoes to fill, I still firmly believe Kelly has the makings of a Matai type career / quality wise.

One of the only true shining lights this season mate. He has stacks of quality at a young age and if he continues his progress as he did from 2017-2018, we’re in for a treat with him. He’s made plenty of line breaks and individually impressive efforts this year.

The club need to sign him long term which is what he wants.

**** mate. If you need me to explain to you the difference between the way a half plays and an outside back plays you should flick to netball.
Wow, after being a 5/8 for 7 years I have a pretty good idea and was checking if you do. Obviously you don't and should be the one switching to netball.

Another with no idea what you are talking about but have a big mouth. See ya..

I would hold off a year and use one of the options that we already have - many of which are at least as good as Elgey, then go out for a more established player in 2020 when the cap issue is over. I don't see the point in taking up more cap space on a player like Elgey.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8