Kane Elgey -->Manly√

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I honestly havent seen much of this kid play but I recall Johns saying a few yrs back he had an amazing pass on him. But I also hear he's too small and awful defensively. Might be worth a shot on minimum wage +10% but obvs that wont happen so I think its a no from me.

The Titans have many of the advantages to be successful, yet they are not. They have what Manly covets:
* a purpose-built stadium and excellent training facilities
* the backing of the NRL who are desperate to see them succeed
* the ability to buy 'stars'
* a vast catchment area for talented juniors

What they share with Manly is:
* private single ownership, which has proven unsuccessful
* an ideal lifestyle, which is a plus when trying to recruit players
* relatively small sponsorships and TPAs
* a lot of off-field issues and controversies

What they lack, and which Manly has, is:
* a rusted-on fan base (because of the transient nature of residents in their catchment region)
* a glorious history and a (once) strong culture
* tribalism
* a (once) strong 'brand'

The Titans have many of the advantages to be successful, yet they are not. They have what Manly covets:

* a rusted-on fan base (because of the transient nature of residents in their catchment region)
* tribalism
And unless Manly get what they covet of the Titans,all that glorious history will be just that,history.Manlys issues are not on field because most clubs have down turn in their performance at some stage

Titans have had the same amount of coaches as Manly in the last 10 years,they have a modern stadium and modern training facilities,they’re financially sound and a refurb of their stadium isn’t just a change of the urinal cakes like Brookvale Oval.Not saying the Titans are the envy of the competition but they’re certainly in a much better place than Manly currently
In regards to coaches,havnt they had to sack their last 2 (and likely another one if they don't perform over the nxt 2 years lol)
Tooves was treated badly but des decided to walk, and we're sticking solid to Barrett for some reason.. Bit of a difference between the 2

* tribalism
Plus Manly has 853 more members than them.

Plus Manly has 853 more members than them.

Those 853 are us "out of towners". All the rest live smack dab in the heart of Manly! @;)

The titans are down on members because they are a hit and miss team. Next year however...a lot of their young blokes will have had a sh!t load of experience, and they will improve. So then will their membsership base.

Transients are rarely lovers of any sport so they are inconsequential.

I think Kane might go well beside DCE.

I didn’t say they had been changed but I heard a rumour the Penn’s have applied for a loan and Zorba was seen checking out the prices at Coles
Their loan was declined as they couldn't meet the new living expenses requirements

Zorba thought that they were edible cakes

Elgey was the next big thing but hurt his leg and missed a whole year. Since then he has struggled, possibly a bit gun-shy (?) but certainly had attacking talent.
Possibly a Keary-type at 5/8 and potentially a great signing ... and potentially a dud, but Barrett has quite a good record so far with cast-offs.

I’d much rather give Cust or Metcalf a crack than bring Elgey over. I don’t think he is 1st grade material and I don’t see why we constantly go after the Titan’s cast offs - from coaches to head of strength and conditioning, Nate Myles and now Elgey? Enough already.

What are the choices facing the decision makers?

(1) Safe all pennies and buy an established 5/8 for say $800k-$1mil if any are available ...

(2) Pay say $300k for a player like Elgey who has shown good potential but has "stalled"

(3) Make do hoping T.Wright, Cust or Metcalf step up ....

PSS ... I haven't heard that Croker is leaving yet

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4