Kane Elgey -->Manly√

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What are the choices facing the decision makers?

(1) Safe all pennies and buy an established 5/8 for say $800k-$1mil if any are available ...

(2) Pay say $300k for a player like Elgey who has shown good potential but has "stalled"

(3) Make do hoping T.Wright, Cust or Metcalf step up ....

PSS ... I haven't heard that Croker is leaving yet
I was thinking 1 should apply more for 2020 when, I thought, more players will be off contract.
2 was the role that hodko was for.
I can't see the value in paying another 'maybe' player if we already have him and croker.
So 3 would be my option and load up on 2020 unless someone of quality becomes available.

I would look at norman (if we could afford him). Looking ahead to 2020, any other decent half is going to command 800k to 1 million which there is no way we could afford!

Trent is back up for injuries next year. Tom wright and cust still a long way off. Tom wright would make a good number 17 as he can play a few positions.

Lamb, norman or elgey are our options. Crocker has not been resigned as yet? Was on a one year deal.

No good half options, all risks. Although desperate times so might just have to jump the gun and go for one (of Norman, Eldgey). Only Norman gives me a glimmer of enthusiasm, the rest of our options make me look forward to their contract's expiry dates and that's about it..

1. Corey Norman
2. Kane Eldgey
3. Lachlan Croker
4. Trent Hodkinson
99. Trent Barrett

I was thinking 1 should apply more for 2020 when, I thought, more players will be off contract.
2 was the role that hodko was for.
I can't see the value in paying another 'maybe' player if we already have him and croker.
So 3 would be my option and load up on 2020 unless someone of quality becomes available.
Oh yes... dear God...We’ve still got Hodko... I think he’s a great fit to take up the role that Nate Myles played this season.

Kane is an instinctive player. He is excellent when attacking his oppositions try line. He isn't afraid to run the ball and has an excellent kicking game. His defence is a problem. Anyone that has been watching him playing for tweed in the q-cup will have seen what he is capable of. I know a lot of people are saying the titans don't want him and that he can't hold his spot....but I don't think Kane is happy there. A change of scenery and an experienced halves partner would do him the world of good, and give us so much more strikepower when attacking.

JMO.
I've got it on very good authority that Tweed want him gone (aka Titans). Word is he's weighing up an offer to go to super league.

Wow, after being a 5/8 for 7 years I have a pretty good idea and was checking if you do. Obviously you don't and should be the one switching to netball.

Another with no idea what you are talking about but have a big mouth. See ya..

Tell me this. In modern Rugby League how many centres have transitioned to 5/8's.

Answer - 1. Jamie Lyon. Jamie Lyon was a freak that could create his own opportunities anywhere on the the field. That's what made him a decent running 5/8. I don't see Kelly doing that. I see him as a Matai type broken play runner and a reasonable defender. I have no idea how anyone could see him as a 5/8 when he has barely had an opportunity to show a passing game and has not at all shown he has a kicking game.

If we are going to get a half from the Titans id rather they give decent money to Brimson. That kids Ball playing is alot better then Taylor. Taylor is nothing but a short kicking game

Agree with that...but I don't think they'll be releasing him any time soon. They reckon his best position is fullback. If they get Tyrone Roberts back (I'd like us to have a look at him. Fantastic footballer), they will shift AJ to fullback...although I think Gordon may still have another year there, and he's been solid at the back. Brimson was huge in helping the Qld under 20's finally defeat NSW this year. Fantastic player!

I can't believe they are talking to Norman. I reckon that's a smoke screen whle they try to swing Roberts.

I've got it on very good authority that Tweed want him gone (aka Titans). Word is he's weighing up an offer to go to super league.

Yeah...the titans don't see him in their future, true. That surprises me that Tweed don't want him there though! Considering the titans could have dropped him back to Tweed or Burleigh...I kind of think he may have been a godsend for them.

Meh....maybe he's a little prick! Piss him off then...

Tell me this. In modern Rugby League how many centres have transitioned to 5/8's.

Answer - 1. Jamie Lyon. Jamie Lyon was a freak that could create his own opportunities anywhere on the the field. That's what made him a decent running 5/8. I don't see Kelly doing that. I see him as a Matai type broken play runner and a reasonable defender. I have no idea how anyone could see him as a 5/8 when he has barely had an opportunity to show a passing game and has not at all shown he has a kicking game.

Dylan Walker.

No wait.....

2-GI

Yeah...the titans don't see him in their future, true. That surprises me that Tweed don't want him there though! Considering the titans could have dropped him back to Tweed or Burleigh...I kind of think he may have been a godsend for them.

Meh....maybe he's a little prick! Piss him off then...

Tweed don't want him gone. The Titans do. Tweed love him.

I find the Croker situation interesting ..... why we didn't just pay him out when we needed to elevate a player into the top 30 has always intrigued me ...

..... but then again I have no knowledge of the facts . .... and being a Maverick, I will buck the usual numb-nutt Silvertails procedure ..... and refrain from going off half-cocked and abusing everybody .....

I saw Brian Kelly force a goal line drop out with a neat little grubber kick this year but have only seen him do it once

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8