Just does my head in

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
yes sadly and we have players who are for a pre 2020 game ie Boyle,
yes sadly and we have players who are for a pre 2020 game ie Boyle, Jetski, Parker etc
Yes. And all of them were EXTENDED at some stage and more importantly he keeps picking them despite there obvious deficiencies , which were obvious under any rules really. Parker had one good year , the rest were ordinary at best.
Des takes every decision. He is a total control freak.

This is down down to the club and coach and that’s why we are a mess.

Every club would have had players still on contract when the rules changed yet they adapted. To think we were somehow disadvantaged doesn’t make sense.

I don’t see any club with no hookers and one fullback.That is simply ridiculous. To say they had no opportunity to fix that is not plausible.

Last edited:
hmmmm my sentimentality wants Jake to be that Manly great and I still think (maybe hope) he can be that glue that holds us together.... especially when he has some quality players around him that suit the new game not the dinosaurs like Boyle etc.

I honestly think Jake needs to go back to being a front rower with either Schuster or Siro as the ball playing lock.

Edit: if we are to persist with Foz in the #6, then I'd say Shoe at lock with Siro staying in the back row when he returns. Of course, I've got more chance of moving to Utah and taking Kate Winslet and Elle Macpherson as my wives than we have of Des moving Jake from lock or Foz from 5/8.

Last edited:
What's the average NRL contract length? Less than two years.
If it is three years then 10 of your 30 are never signed for the next year. Every year.
Not sure - I have no idea sorry. All of those players were signed pre 2020 from my research.I am not sure a team would purposefully have at least 10 players contracts running out each year just in case something goes wrong. I would gather at best maybe 3 to 5. But that is just a guess.

Take a close look.

Parker,Boyle,Croker,Funa,Garrick,Davey,Gosiewski,Cust,Tuipulotu,Burbo,Saab,Foran,Harper,
Koula,Olakauatu,Keppie ,Paseka,Sipley,Taufua.

Three quarters of our team are on or near bargain basement prices.
Pay peanuts ,get monkeys.
How many of these monkeys would be playing first grade at any of the other clubs???
NONE !!!!!

Des apparently not in charge of recruitment and retention.

The person/people who signed Daly,Turbos,Tapau to their contracts is the root of all our evil.
Probably a Fulton/Penn combo..
Des is in charge of everything

And as much as I don't want to say this ... you might be able to add Jake to that list. His dominant defensive game has become obsolete in this new order. Once a dominant tackle was revered. Now it just attracts a six again.
Its because he is unfit overplayed and out of position and is over compensating for others..he needs to be rested for atleast 20min a game...and while we are at it 1hr a day of advanced yoga will help make him look less like a tightened elastic band and more agile

Just watching sides last couple of weeks copping injuries left right and centre and filling the positions with decent standard replacements is doing my head in.Half the number sevens in the comp are out injured right now.
We are no worse off than most.Nearly every team has a couple of capable nines to start with.

How the hell can an elite NRL Top 30 squad (who had just run 15th the previous year and were losing by 40 each week ) before a ball is kicked

-Have no hooker

-No halfback backup actually training there

-No back up fullback remotely capable for an injury prone star

-So many players deemed “not ready “ for first grade ( and a few playing junior reps ffs ) who will not even be considered unless half the team gets on the wrong plane- tuitavake, Sione Fainu, burbot , Koula , Keith ( before he passed)Throw in Ola who never got a look in prior to injury and guys who seemingly won’t even be CONSIDERED to replace total long term FLOPS .

Then of course there is a bloke in the dock in a couple of months who won’t play this year regardless of his court case result while his replacement was signed with an ACL.( good player going forward but did they notice his moon boot given our lack of hookers).

We effectively play with a squad of 21 with a weak top 13 to start with before a ball is kicked, even without injuries.

We can blame the new rules all we like. There is just no excuse for this stuff. Front office / coach decision/ football dept funding is the big difference between the best and worst, not the rules. The rules just make it a whole lot worse.

The front offices at the weak sides not surprisingly have been all over the place. Even a team like Brisbane can be be done over by idiots like White and Morris at the helm.Same with the infighting at Dogs.

It’s mind boggling basically.

If the same mob run out next week I’m done with all the bull**** excuses. Heads need to roll or quality people employed to take over or assist.It’s lunacy.
Yep "Quality people" would be a start. We have had gang members, loud mouths, smart asses and not to mention people who get themselves in super hot water that quite frankly are nothing more than little boys. The real sad part is that they knew how to play football. We do have some good people in our team and they are the ones suffering more than us. At least with good people in our side and being in the gutter loosing games more than winning we could be looking up at the stars with hope. At the present moment its the opposite. I am totally over the smart asses in our team that add insult to injury. No wonder the players are loosing respect and not listening. Human Nature really and that's why its so easy to see. Its all a no brainer.

Yes. And all of them were extended at some stage and more importantly he keeps picking them despite there obvious deficiencies.
Des takes every decision. He is a total control freak.

This is down down to the club and coach and that’s why we are a mess.

Every club would have had players still on contract when the rules changed yet they adapted. To think we were somehow disadvantaged doesn’t make sense.

I don’t see any club with no hookers and one fullback.That is simply ridiculous. To say they had no opportunity to fix that is not plausible.
Well I will play the dummy - which players are you swapping that 10 with right now - players that are actually in our right now - not some fantasy in the future 10 players? Of course we can be disadvantaged lol lol - our players might not have been as mobile and instead were built for a tough grind it out game... which our gameplan was pre 2020. Our contracts might not have fallen like some other clubs with the deadwood's contracts finishing at the end of 2020 whereas ours didn't. Again I will say something that you seem to just ignore... so far from my research... none of those players were extended in 2020 and were signed when the rules were different. Again something you forget in 2019..... we were rorted in a semi - so our squad was set up for a genuine run in 2020.... until the rules changed. Des absolutely needs to be accountable for the wrong players picked in the wrong positions but we just don't have 10 players to swap for the 10 everyone believes are not up to the mark. And question... just interested.. were you a Brendan Elliott sledger? Agreed with the hooker and I am guessing that the sup[port of Fainu has more to do with the siblings than any real belief he will get off. Misguided and poor - agreed totally. Also agree that some sort of back up fullback should have been in place... but then again I was a BE fan as a backup. Always thought he was all heart and few if any errors.

That is not correct - you simply cannot get rid of them easily. Contracts yes don't mean much - BUT there needs to be another club to want/take them and then there is the "small" issue of what part of the contract we have to pay which then is included in the cap. If we want to get rid of a player badly and there is not much interest from other clubs and in this 2020 initiated game some of our players would not be wanted by most clubs then we would have to pay a massive part of the contract. Thank goodness Barrett wanted Waddell. Pity he didnt want Jetski, Boyle etc. Also my understanding is that none of them were extended in 2020 well not that I could find. Now Des has almost a fresh slate from here. Des will be held accountable in my mind as to which players he signs and the performance in 2022 and 2023. Of that there is absolutely no doubt.
Tigers got rid of plenty since Covid , off contract and on , not that it helped them.
Ours are all on peanuts for a start so it’s not a huge issue and play like that but keep getting picked.

And if you can’t get rid of them because no one wants them , that’s because they are not good enough and never were ,which goes straight back to recruitment to start with . Which is my point.

The club recruits badly , refuses to see they are not good enough , and then compounds the issue by selecting them week after week. Why have a top 30.

Forgetting the past - anyone who can tell me that there is any possible reason that Croker Parker JetSki Boyle Garrick are in our side next week I’d like to hear it.We know thry are not capable. Time to find out about the others.Can’t get any worse.

Take a close look.

Parker,Boyle,Croker,Funa,Garrick,Davey,Gosiewski,Cust,Tuipulotu,Burbo,Saab,Foran,Harper,

How many of these monkeys would be playing first grade at any of the other clubs???
NONE !!!!!

The person/people who signed Daly,Turbos,Tapau to their contracts is the root of all our evil.
Are you serious? Why are you involving juniors / rookies in that list? Burbo, Koula, Olakau’atu, Tuipulotu, Cust, Harper, Keppie, Paseka are youngsters & would be snapped up in an instant if on the market. Why refer to them as monkeys? Davey older but was great before injured! The others I don’t disagree with but to refer to them as monkeys? Think you need to cut the insults mate....perhaps you could call them monkeys to their faces......

Last edited:
Tigers got rid of plenty since Covid , off contract and on , not that it helped them.
Ours are all on peanuts for a start and play like that but keep getting picked.

And if you can’t get rid of them because no one wants them , that’s because they are not good enough , which goes straight back to recruitment to start with . Which is my point. The club recruits badly , refuses to see they are not good enough , and then compounds the issue by selecting them week after week.

Anyone who can tell me that there is any possible reason that Croker Parker JetSki Boyle Garrick are in our side next week I’d like to hear it.
I am sure you haven't read a word I have said lol lol lol. They are not good enough for this game... agreed. They certainly were good enough for the pre 2020 game (we made the semis and should have beaten Souths! or have you forgotten that?). They were not signed in 2020 ... from my research. And again... with our injuries... which 5 players are you putting in right now? I would agree Cust, Harper, Walker in the Centres, Haumole but he is injured.........

Well I will play the dummy - which players are you swapping that 10 with right now - players that are actually in our right now - not some fantasy in the future 10 players? Of course we can be disadvantaged lol lol - our players might not have been as mobile and instead were built for a tough grind it out game... which our gameplan was pre 2020. Our contracts might not have fallen like some other clubs with the deadwood's contracts finishing at the end of 2020 whereas ours didn't. Again I will say something that you seem to just ignore... so far from my research... none of those players were extended in 2020 and were signed when the rules were different. Again something you forget in 2019..... we were rorted in a semi - so our squad was set up for a genuine run in 2020.... until the rules changed. Des absolutely needs to be accountable for the wrong players picked in the wrong positions but we just don't have 10 players to swap for the 10 everyone believes are not up to the mark. And question... just interested.. were you a Brendan Elliott sledger? Agreed with the hooker and I am guessing that the sup[port of Fainu has more to do with the siblings than any real belief he will get off. Misguided and poor - agreed totally. Also agree that some sort of back up fullback should have been in place... but then again I was a BE fan as a backup. Always thought he was all heart and few if any errors.They are not first graders and never were. The extensions were prior to Covid. Parker had one good year. The rest are incredibly ordinary and should never have been in the clubs future.
I’m not saying all ten go at once.In any case not sure where you get TEN from. I see five or six at most.

Can’t get rid of blokes we haven’t seen can we which is the other issue.
. Whst I’m saying is that you at the very least cater for key positions that are essential to any team from under tens to NRL and we DID NOT. A hooker and backup fullback is not negotiable and is just total incompetence.

In addition you also inform players like Croker Parker JetSki etc to look elsewhere as you will not be required at contract end which usually sets them looking quickly believe me.If they spit the dummy you lose nothing as they should not be in the side anyway.If they find a club great news.

What we actually did is not fill the absolutely essential spine positions and then continue to pick the very same players that almost everyone suggests should be let go ( including yourself) while ignoring testing the rest of our roster which allows us to plan for the future even if they don’t cut it also.Also why weren’t so many others stuck with a dud roster when Covid hit?

That is just gross incompetence. Sorry just can’t see any excuse. It’s just ludicrous and hence we face the spoon.

Last edited:
Take a close look.

NONE !!!!!
Maybe one ,Foran could probably get the gig back at Dogs or maybe cowboys.

Are you serious? Why are you involving juniors / rookies in that list? Burbo, Koula, Olakau’atu, Tuipulotu, Cust, Harper, Keppie, Paseka are youngsters & would be snapped up in an instant if on the market. Why refer to them as monkeys? Davey older but was great before injured! The others I don’t disagree with but to refer to them as monkeys? Think you need to cut the insults mate....perhaps you could call them monkeys to their faces......I know who they’d turn into a monkey!
Calm the fark down ,wasnt using monkey as racist.More so for the "You pay peanuts you get monkeys "quote. You Know pay peanuts (money) monkeys eat peanuts . Diddums.
Try not to let your feeling get so hurt .
Included all those above rookies or not ,not many clubs kicking the doors down to sign them for more and if they did we wouldn't have the money to match ,that is why they are here.
Rookies or juniors withstanding ,I included how many minimum wages and average players can one club have in their 30 ???

Last edited:
I honestly think Jake needs to go back to being a front rower with either Schuster or Siro as the ball playing lock.

We know Des wont make any massive changes to the team that run out last week, but shifting Jake to prop and Schuster to lock makes a lot of sense. It looks like that Saab gets dropped this week, and also that Suli wont be picked because of injury. Boyle is also out, Siro and Guaca not due back this week as well. With Jake to prop, the team could line out like this....... the only changes are due to injuries.

1. Dylan Walker
2. Christian Tuipulotu
3. Brad Parker
4. Morgan Harper
5. Reuben Garrick
6. Kieran Foran
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Taniela Paseka
9. Lachlan Croker
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Josh Aloiai
12. Jack Gosiewski
13. Josh Schuster

14. Cade Cust
15. Martin Taupau
16. Sean Keppie
17. Toafofoa Sipley

He can say what he likes. It’s for the masses. Des does what he thinks is best red football issues.I think if you ask Snake he’ll confirm. That’s why I was surprised he wanted a proper assistant. That would be a good thing.
Penn would barely know how to get to training it’s that long since he’s been around with his personal issues.

Last edited:
Calm the fark down ,wasnt using monkey as racist.More so for the "You pay peanuts you get monkeys "quote. You Know pay peanuts (money) monkeys eat peanuts . Diddums.
Try not to let your feeling get so hurt .
Included all those above rookies or not ,not many clubs kicking the doors down to sign them for more and if they did we wouldn't have the money to match ,that is why they are here.
Rookies or juniors withstanding ,I included how many minimum wages and average players can one club have in their 30 ???
Lololol you seem quite the expert analyst......NOT.

So we had the players for a pre 2020 game! It has now changed massively and our contracts have not enabled us as well as many other teams to change.
Lucky for the Roosters, Storm, Rabbits, Eels etc. that they just happened to have the players for a post 2020 game.
Who'd a thunk it?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10