Just does my head in

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I agree Sirro was an excellent backrower - in 2019... that year he was running lines, providing offloads, damn he was even putting in deft little kicks...

last year was injury-riddled for the big fella and he has not been the same player - and may never be again... maybe other players are contributing too by giving him poor ball delivery but personally I think Curtis is toast and we should be looking to replace him either with an edge forward that is not injury prone or backing our youth to develop into the role...
you might well be right mate. I certainly think he would need to be injury free and have a fab rest of the season to be any chance of being resigned. Just my glass half full belief I suppose which can also be one of my flaws.

you might well be right mate. I certainly think he would need to be injury free and have a fab rest of the season to be any chance of being resigned. Just my glass half full belief I suppose which can also be one of my flaws.
This place would be pretty average if there wasn't some optimists mixed in with us "toys out of the cot" pessimists mate...

I actually enjoy your contributions because they make me consider (even if only briefly) the idea that things may not be as bad as they seem to me right now...

This place would be pretty average if there wasn't some optimists mixed in with us "toys out of the cot" pessimists mate...

I actually enjoy your contributions because they make me consider (even if only briefly) the idea that things may not be as bad as they seem to me right now...
lol lol thanks. I just don't see the sense in looking at anything doom and gloom. But also I truly do believe Des is a very switched on coach. I hated him after what he did here - seriously hated him. Hated the club for what they did to Tooves - I was livid. I still think Tooves should be here! But I did respect what Des did at the Dogs with the continual (until the last year) success. I think Des is smart enough to get us out of this and we will see a very different team/performance next year and an even bigger change in 2023. By the way...... as long as you briefly consider things... that is good lol

turns out we are not that dissimilar... :)
well any Manly supporter is generally a good guy/woman and we are all passionate and love this club. We all want the best for the club. I try and look through the prism of reality and what is actually possible. I don't believe in living in the dream world of gee what would happen if we signed Keary, Gutherson, Cleary, Klemmer etc. I also try and research some things before I post so I have some facts and no just posting on emotion. And while I have played at some decent levels many years ago and think I know a bit about the game... maybe the old bash them into submission game as opposed to this new game lol, I realise I simply have no real insights or idea on what players should be in what positions based on what Des sees at training and in games and what style of play he wants. When people truly believe they know more than the coach... then I have to ask... just why are they sitting here tapping on the keyboard and aren't being paid by a club. Oh by the way... maybe we will be different again... I hated Bozo and his nepotism and what that has done to the club over the years. Loved him as a player - loved him as a coach but yes the nepotism stunk!... Last few thoughts.. Igor is our greatest Eagle (comes back to my love of the bash the crap out of them football - strange for most to understand given I was a 5'9 lock and 75kgs in my first A Grade game in Brisbane) and Nik Kosef might have ended up our greatest Eagle if not for injury. So are we miles apart again? lol

well any Manly supporter is generally a good guy/woman and we are all passionate and love this club. We all want the best for the club. I try and look through the prism of reality and what is actually possible. I don't believe in living in the dream world of gee what would happen if we signed Keary, Gutherson, Cleary, Klemmer etc. I also try and research some things before I post so I have some facts and no just posting on emotion. And while I have played at some decent levels many years ago and think I know a bit about the game... maybe the old bash them into submission game as opposed to this new game lol, I realise I simply have no real insights or idea on what players should be in what positions based on what Des sees at training and in games and what style of play he wants. When people truly believe they know more than the coach... then I have to ask... just why are they sitting here tapping on the keyboard and aren't being paid by a club. Oh by the way... maybe we will be different again... I hated Bozo and his nepotism and what that has done to the club over the years. Loved him as a player - loved him as a coach but yes the nepotism stunk!... Last few thoughts.. Igor is our greatest Eagle (comes back to my love of the bash the crap out of them football - strange for most to understand given I was a 5'9 lock and 75kgs in my first A Grade game in Brisbane) and Nik Kosef might have ended up our greatest Eagle if not for injury. So are we miles apart again? lol
Lol... not that far...

I dont think I could coach them but it sh1ts me to watch Des accept p1ss poor performance week after week (after week) without sacking blokes and it blows my mind that he would rather young blokes get hurt in lower grades or at other clubs to afford these bludgers that excessive job security... I dont hate bozo, I do think Nik Kosef was one of the best but my favourites were Beaver and Mal Cochrane because they both seemed to exceed the limits of their natural attributes and left it all out on the field every time - win, lose or draw...

Remember draws? i actually miss them so probs everyone disagrees with me on that one...

Lol... not that far...

I dont think I could coach them but it sh1ts me to watch Des accept p1ss poor performance week after week (after week) without sacking blokes and it blows my mind that he would rather young blokes get hurt in lower grades or at other clubs to afford these bludgers that excessive job security... I dont hate bozo, I do think Nik Kosef was one of the best but my favourites were Beaver and Mal Cochrane because they both seemed to exceed the limits of their natural attributes and left it all out on the field every time - win, lose or draw...

Remember draws? i actually miss them so probs everyone disagrees with me on that one...
No - I agree - a draw was ok - again extra time is filled with lots of luck. At the end of 80 mins - one point each is a fair result. Agreed that Des needs to sack some... but my worry with the injuries that we don't have many to promote in their place and Blacktown aint going great either. Agreed Beaver and Mal were great and played well above what was expected. So did Dave Hoskings and Jughead Jones. Jughead also one of my favourite players. All heart. Gee we could do with a few Jugheads this weekend.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8