Jake Simpkin signed until 2026

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Hertera

Reserve Grader
We clearly need a genuine hooker, it’s so obvious. Better to sign a highly rated 22 year old than go looking at Jake Granville or another experienced journeyman that will fill a hole.

You say he is highly rated by who? Which big club or for that matter what other club wanted him? Just because you play under 16's and 18's for nsw or qld does not make you a first grader.

Is he and upgrade on what we have a marginal one but no big club were after him. If he is so highly rated as he is from qld why none of their teams wanted him? may tell you something.

Titans need a hooker and with the mail that marshall-king will be following bennett to souths the dolphins will be in the market.

So sorry I'm not that excited. I wish him well I hope he becomes a champion.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Master stroke @globaleagle !
As for the signing I’ll give him the rest of the season.
Really don’t want to let Kan-Tong go.
I heard that Ricky is looking to get rid of Danny Levi at season’s end.
So Ricky might come sniffing, partner Gordy with Starling.
Wonder why he wants to ditch 501?

He has been playing some good football. Much better than when he was with Manly in 2020.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The fact is ...
Manly forum fans are not paid to be Passionate or to be politically correct like the club people that are on the salary books
Manly forum people say it it from the heart and our heart is an open book
Once they have his signature and it’s all finalised, I reckon a bit of hazing for the kid would be fun. Manly media set up a camera looking over Simpkins shoulder as he reads the game day thread on Silvertails to this weeks game against the Panthers! Counting how many times Simpkins screams WTF! as the Silvertail slipper is buried continuously, wether we’re winning or not (I’m a sadistic bastard :devil:).

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I don't see any real issue with MWSE signing Simpkin. He will provide good cover for Croker for the rest of 2024, and is a direct replacement for Lawton for 2025 and 2026. Its obvious that Crokers neck injury isnt reacting to treatment as was expected. I think its a smart midseason signing by Seibold, and hope he (Simpkin) goes well for us as a backup nine.

Last edited:

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
You say he is highly rated by who? Which big club or for that matter what other club wanted him? Just because you play under 16's and 18's for nsw or qld does not make you a first grader.

Is he and upgrade on what we have a marginal one but no big club were after him. If he is so highly rated as he is from qld why none of their teams wanted him? may tell you something.

Titans need a hooker and with the mail that marshall-king will be following bennett to souths the dolphins will be in the market.

Same argument can be made for Gordie and Humphrey's though. Both off contract and nobody knocking down the door.

Look I'm not here to hype him as he is no sure thing but I think there is a bit there to work with. I fancy him more as a starting hooker over the above and think potentially there is talent there to unseat Croker.

Not saying he will but he has it in him IMO.

Also, regarding nobody else enquiring about him...who is to say. Us mug punters get wind of very little of what is going on behind the scenes.

Last edited:

Fibro Eagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Depth signing they say
I don't mind it that way in the end it either makes you want to get better or look for the easy way out
Who ever comes out on top benefits Manly

Ryan

Journey Man
Wow some people are really talking up Talau he has had a couple of good games let's not over state his improvement.

It's farking hilarious ! People using Tommy Talau as the pin up boy now for benchmarking ! Hahaha.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Us mug punters get wind of very little of what is going on behind the scenes.
We are not Mugs . We are Passionate Manly Souls feathered friend
Mugs are people that do not have the courage a voice or high standards to stand up for
Passionate Manly people are the $pirit of our vying club
Take the People out of Profe$$ional sport and we Go back to Park Football

LeonardCohen

Bencher

What's Manly? A ham sandwhich? They wanted him and they're a pretty decent club by all accounts.

Also, pretty funny how people are pointing out his benching at the Tigers and scratching their head about Gordon, who is suddenly a world beater, yet Simpkin has played more FG than Chan Kum Tong this year, who is also on the bench and only due to injury.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
So torn between trying to be positive over a new player signing in a spot where we have struggled for so long V a completely biased and irrational love of our current 3rd choice no 9
Here is another perspective view ...
It is obvious that we have lacked a match winning class hooker for years now
And a match winning Dominant Hooker signing would have an absolute Dominant Positive response on here

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
I know I'm harping on a little bit about this but seriously, have you seen Gordon's service? It's worse than Croker's. He can make a great darting run but he offers nothing else.
Go to admit I’m not was a lot of him in lower grades… is he that bad?

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
Cause he's four foot two and and half as wide as he is tall, and not explosive like the really little guys that have done well in the game.
From what I’ve seen is pretty crafty around the ruck… does not scream out and out superstar, but then does Simpkins?

If we were spending salary cap to bring in a top-notch number nine, then I would get it just not sure that Simkins is top-notch, and therefore would rather see the money spent somewhere else

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18