Jake Simpkin signed until 2026

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

LeonardCohen

Bencher
I’m not too worried about the manager thing, it works both ways. If you are connected to a manager, you can get an inside running on their good players. The Simpkin opportunity has materialised because of said connection. I think manager monopoly is media spin. We had heaps of Tartak clients, got rid of the ones we didn’t want and kept the ones we did!

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I like the signing of a number nine, makes more sense than the Schoup signing.

Very highly rated junior player, those that have watched him play say he struggled with not being able to run the ball at the Tigers, defensively he needs to be better.

Hopefully some coin is now put aside for a backrower.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
We finally have a genuine 9 in the squad. Who knows how it will turn out? But how can it be worse than what we already had? Plenty of upside to this.
We have a genuine 9 in GKT and who knows how he will turn out to be ?
Maybe Ricky can have a go at him as well ?
Weekes and GKT in the Raders Spine ?
1717387325947.png

LeonardCohen

Bencher
We clearly need a genuine hooker, it’s so obvious. Better to sign a highly rated 22 year old than go looking at Jake Granville or another experienced journeyman that will fill a hole. At least there is potential to develop a really strong first grader that can stick around and build combinations with teammates. I prefer that to transit lounge depth signings.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I can throw a better spiral pass than Gordon. He is not the answer.
I appreciate your answer feathered friend
Weekes was not the answer for Seibold either
But the less salary cap value Weekes is now giving the Raiders as good value as the much higher salary cap signing Brooks at Manly

47MVEagle

Bencher
I’m not too worried about the manager thing, it works both ways. If you are connected to a manager, you can get an inside running on their good players. The Simpkin opportunity has materialised because of said connection. I think manager monopoly is media spin. We had heaps of Tartak clients, got rid of the ones we didn’t want and kept the ones we did!
But we re-signed Schuster because of pressure from Tartak.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
If he is any good why would the tigers feel the need to recruit Api?
Because the tigers believe that Api is their rebuild Markee player
The tigers also have an up and coming young hooker in Tallyn who they believe is a better prospect .

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
I like the signing of a number nine, makes more sense than the Schoup signing.

Very highly rated junior player, those that have watched him play say he struggled with not being able to run the ball at the Tigers, defensively he needs to be better.

Hopefully some coin is now put aside for a backrower.
Small sample size this year but 69 tackles and 4 misses.

In fact his tackle efficiency is equal 1st in the league for hookers.

*obvs skewed by the small sample size but a positive indicator

LeonardCohen

Bencher
If he is any good why would the tigers feel the need to recruit Api?
Simpkin is by no means the finished product and was 20 when the Tigers signed a three time premiership winning hooker. They had a rookie in Simpkin and a solid, if not, uninspiring Jacob Liddle (who is playing good footy away from the Tigers, I might add). It was a team crying out for leadership and experience; Koroisau gave them that on top of being in the top 3 hookers in the NRL.

It's only my opinion, but when judging a signing, I always look at the player's raw skill set, more so than their current accolades. If they're talented, chances are they'll develop and flourish in the right system. I see Simpkin as a nuggety and robust defender, with decent speed and an excellent pass. He is error prone and makes some questionable reads (e.g. clocking off at marker close to the line or shooting out towards a half, only for the prop to run the 'unders' line) in defence at times. Yet, both are systemic at the Tigers and not really part of a players 'raw ability'.

The Tigers have been a rabble for years. We've seen what Manly has done for Talau and we can do it with Simpkin. He doesn't need to develop into a rep player, he just needs to be solid, give good service, not let tries in, and we'll be very happy.

Last edited:

Rocky

Bencher
To be honest most of the criticism has been around which club he is coming from...and the fact he doesn't start at that bottom club.

I haven't read many comments that talk to his playing ability and skills. I certainly don't know his game.

But Guys like Talau and Blore show that there are players worth plucking out of the Tigers.

Lets hope Simpkin is added to that list.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
ST has been screaming for a hooker for 3+ years now.

Looking forward to see how he goes.

Welcome to Manly! (don't read this forum).
Welcome to the Legendary Manly Club
Where the Expectations to Succeed are very High

Best of Luck
We hope you rise like a Great Sea eagle and soar into Premiership Winning Success and Become a Manly Great

Our Great Premiership Winning Hooker Max Krillich
Reminiscing the Everlasting Manly Premiership Winning Memories
and Life does not get better than this
This is what the sweetest Manly Dreams are made of
Love you Max :h:
1717388496681.png

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts