is anyone else sick of the lauding of the scum?

Im very happy to see them get a walloping.Id be even more happier if they piss off with their masters News Ltd.

The fact is they won round 1 on emotion alone, they won round 2 because the GC were utter crap. Round three was thud back to earth. That said, have a look at how soft their draw is until the half way mark:
Canterbury - Melb will get flogged
Parra - who knows
Penriff - who knows
Kiwis - who knows
Newcastle - who knows
Brisbane - Melb will get flogged
Canberra - who knows
Cronulla - who knows
Bunnies - Melb will get flogged

IMO that's a pretty soft run to the half way mark.

Technical Coach link said:
Life would be boring if we all had the same thought process and all followed the same conga line. I dont expect to be liked in this forum i just enjoy the constructive thoughts of some and ignore the uneducated masses lol....kidding people,  well actually all jokes have an element of truth.
Certainly sounds like you're religiously following the News Ltd congo line TC.  Go ahead and worship them, Lotti will welcome you with open arms.

A team gets around $8m a year EXTRA - for doing nothing - effectively taken by force from the coffers of all the other clubs via the NRL & News Ltd. 

Do you ever wonder if any other team might find the run to winning and to finding and plundering all of the best junior talent and support available just a tad easier with that $8m p.a. leg-up?

Rex link said:
[quote author=Technical Coach link=topic=187166.msg328213#msg328213 date=1301311563]
Life would be boring if we all had the same thought process and all followed the same conga line. I dont expect to be liked in this forum i just enjoy the constructive thoughts of some and ignore the uneducated masses lol....kidding people,  well actually all jokes have an element of truth.
Certainly sounds like you're religiously following the News Ltd congo line TC.  Go ahead and worship them, Lotti will welcome you with open arms.

A team gets around $8m a year EXTRA - for doing nothing - effectively taken by force from the coffers of all the other clubs via the NRL & News Ltd. 

Do you ever wonder if any other team might find the run to winning and to finding and plundering all of the best junior talent and support available just a tad easier with that $8m p.a. leg-up?
[/quote]

Technical Coach makes a decent point. There really should be some sort of concession for teams who develop their players. For example; the wage of a player who has been at the club as a youngster (playing Toyota cup or the like) should only count X% towards the cup. This would reward 1) club loyalty, and 2) good scouts and talented coaching.

Got no issue with that point codewana, but it wasn't his main point, or even his second point. 

TC's main point was a very thinly-veiled allegation that we did a Storm - which is merely a thought that he had, and which he treated as the truth without knowing it to be true - and only as true because he had the thought. 

TC's second point was that the Storm were to be worshipped because of their junior development.  But he (like you?) totally ignored that they were only able to do this with huge amounts of money effectively raped from the purses of their direct competitors.

i have some reasonable inside knowledge about how we operated in our golden years you refer to.

you forget one major point Technical Coach and that is that we have been borderline broke for many years.We have been lucky to pay our staff for most of the time.The number of times Penn had to chase Max for his share of the money just to keep the place alive was quite often I can assure you.Thats not bagging Max as he had his own problems but things were always tight.Even if we wanted to conduct a major rort we didnt have the money,much the same as most sydney clubs.that argument about everyone rorting is garbage-where do manly,penrith,cronulla etc get the cash.most are virtually insolvent as it is.

compare this to news ltd /storm.lose 8 mill a year and couldnt give a toss.Any amount of money available for junior recruitment,staff,coaches salary etc.they got 10 of the 13 run on junior kangaroos about 5 years ago.I wonder why?the melbourne weather.when you buy almost evry good junior going around not surprising folou and inglis come along.

i know the head trainer at melbourne and  you would not believe the staff and support the scum get just so Lauchlin doesnt have to give up his brainchild(and he is a bronco supporter to boot).

how long do you reckon any other club would last losing 8 mill a year.

please remember they have been stripped of everything they won and are a disgrace.i will enjoy what lies ahead for poor old melbourne.imagine having to manage a roster like everyone else.now they are under the cap,all of a sudden they are a team of youngsters.well guess what,thats what you get when most of the cap goes on 3 players.

ayjay007 link said:
Don't know if you are referring to Manly,but,we haven't had a big signing for ages,and have lost Bell,Orford,Menzies,JWH,Le Strange,Hall,Hodkinson and countless others because we stayed under the cap to retain the players we have now.

And what great players they are!

Regardless of any peripheral issues the fact remains that the Melbourne Storm are a souless club.

This is a club that to date has cheated on the field with tactics designed to circumvent the rules.

This is a club who has not only cheated the salary cap but denied cheating after they were caught and then to top it all off, paraded to the media as if they had been hard done by. They still to this day maintain this sham (wow) false pretence of victimhood.

This is a club that has taken food off the other clubs table and laughed at the competition simply because they were protected by News Ltd as part owner(cough) of our sport.

If anyone here thinks the Melbourne Storm are not a scum soaked organisation then just post here what community based foundations this souless club stands on ?  

Rex link said:
Got no issue with that point codewana, but it wasn't his main point, or even his second point. 

TC's main point was a very thinly-veiled allegation that we did a Storm - which is merely a thought that he had, and which he treated as the truth without knowing it to be true - and only as true because he had the thought. 

TC's second point was that the Storm were to be worshipped because of their junior development.  But he (like you?) totally ignored that they were only able to do this with huge amounts of money effectively raped from the purses of their direct competitors.

Fair enough - didn't pick up on that. :)

TC, not going to say your right or wrong as I DONT KNOW. Fess up now mate, you started something, were you just shooting your mouth off willy nilly. IF so that is very technical or analytical.

100 uppercuts as penence if your wrong or be grascious enough to do a ryan. A self imposed ban

Meh look at Technical Coach's previous posts and you can then form an opinion on the level of quality of his contributions. Like to stir things up I'd say.

I'm 100% behind the comments from susan and Jatz. It makes me sick at the lack of any morality shown by the Storm executive and the subsidisation by the whole comp. Yes we probably need a team there but no plaudits for their achievements on the back of the financial backing and cheating. They have been put up as a benchmark for other clubs and it would be fantastic to have their setup at all clubs, but we all know why they could do it.

Jatz Crackers link said:
Regardless of any peripheral issues the fact remains that the Melbourne Storm are a souless club.

This is a club that to date has cheated on the field with tactics designed to circumvent the rules.

This is a club who has not only cheated the salary cap but denied cheating after they were caught and then to top it all off, paraded to the media as if they had been hard done by. They still to this day maintain this sham (wow) false pretence of victimhood.

This is a club that has taken food off the other clubs table and laughed at the competition simply because they were protected by News Ltd as part owner(cough) of our sport.

If anyone here thinks the Melbourne Storm are not a scum soaked organisation then just post here what community based foundations this souless club stands on ? 

They are an abomination, lost in a city of AFL, get virtually no recognition down there (even when they win a grand Final), NRL isn't shown live down there, they get a 250 Million Stadium built for them (oh and I suppose for the Rebels as well) and bucket loads of money thrown at them, so it's no wonder they are a "success". It's simple in my view they just shoudn't be there and only are there because of News Ltd.

My guess is TC is stuck in the 70s.  Fair enough too.  We did buy a few of premierships but that was when there was no salary cap.  All clubs spent as much as they were able to.  We did and got the rewards.  Those days are long gone TC.  We won in 08 fair and square.  40 nil against a team of cheats. 

they are there to sell pay tv. The fact the games are all delayed supports that. If you want to watch Footy in vic, get pay. Its simple. Highlights how good a product the NRL have and how **** they are at selling it/gifting it

I heartily agree with you Susan. How the storm players can look the public in the eye is beyond me. They knowingly signed multiple contracts and accepted illegal kickbacks. It is a disgrace.

Even with Pay TV you can't watch Friday night games down there live...it's a disgrace...the AFL activly stop the media (all forms) from promoting the game in any way...buy the Melbourne Age....46 pages from the back ALL AFL....on page 47, about as big as a matchbox "Melbourne Storm beats Manly 18-6"...it's a bloody joke!

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2