is anyone else sick of the lauding of the scum?

[quote author=Technical Coach link=topic=187166.msg328451#msg328451 date=1301380837

The consistent level of performance Melbourne have offered this last four years has been beautiful to watch---its also been great to see Dessie learn from Melbourne and come up with plays and structures to beat Melbourne(Dessie knows Melbourne inside out----in some ways taking his eyes off the other teams coming through like the Dragons and playing catch up again)

[/quote]

UR kidding.The consistant level of performance the scum have offered this last four years is ...BECAUSE THEY'RE CHEATS!!
I feel the words "uppercut",and "give yourself a few" heading towards this thread with much rapidity!!

Our attacking is a bit blunt for my liking,our defense well,i wouldnt trade it for anyones however

We have a brand spanking new Halfback who keeps going better each week,im thinking theres one or 2 many "settlers" in our team,which while it is a sound play we dont need as many as we have currently,we have only a few looking to make offloads (See second phase play) which is hurting us a little on scorelines,or scoring ability

That said if we bash every team out of every game we dont need to much second phase,but sometimes we take the safe option to much

Im not asking for a tigers attacking style,its dangerous and somewhat stupid given they are left edge only which will be replaced by kids and guys who cant make the top 17,i think we need to discover a new Kennedy

And to Technical Coote,we dont use melbournes plays,noone can because they have the best hooker in the game and the best halfback in my opinion at this stage,along with that they have the speed and sometimes stupidity of Slater

I do miss that sweeping backline movement with a Snake chime

Also we have the dragons figured out,Ballin left/right out of dummy half with a pass inside to a forward on the burst,wears them out and makes their attack blunt and 10 metres every time it works,which is quiet often

I did not say "we use Melbourne plays" i said "great to see Dessie learn from Melbourne and come up with plays and structures to beat Melbourne"

Some of our pet plays in that period in relation to setting up outside back options are as a result of learning from Melbourne and putting our own individual style to the play which every club does nothing to be ashamed of. Our style of defense is a direct result of combating Melbournes plays to the point our players can be heard calling out and reading Melbournes plays before they happen mocking them big time.

Yes in 2009 i think after or during Origin time at Win Stadium during the first half we opened up the Dragons with cross over plays from dummy half exposing a weakness other coaches did not see or failed to develop plays to exploit and i commended Dessie at the time so i'm not always negative i will eventually balance out my content lol.

I like the play with Watmough running shallow off the shoulder of a ball player(in the last instance against the Roosters i think it was Foran) but acting as a decoy. You will see Watmough look like hitting the short ball then drift to his left in the last second trying to drag the defender out leaving a gap on the inside to a running T-Rex(Early in the Roosters game you will notice it) i've seen Manly try it a few times and when Stewart is back to full confidence he can also try and hit that hole.

The rule about depth of decoy runners was also due to Manly using it heavily to great success in 07/08---mind  you Cliffy was the Master of it.

Technical Coach,you sound alot like the worst commentator/best league writer in the business today

You should have taken the blues job,they need you! :p

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2