is anyone else sick of the lauding of the scum?

I know a lot of sports loving "Mexicans" and they are about as interested in the Storm as most of us are in the ballet.

I live in Vic and have to watch friday night games at 11.30 on fox as its delayed, Storm get a little mention on the news if they are lucky. It was great being down here when they got done for cheating ;D

The new SCUM CEO yesterday accused other clubs of breaching the salary cap in a large organised fashion like themselves.

Nice way to make a new start.No one even knows who this clown is.

He is a fool

No evidence provided of course and based on the crazy idea that this somehow justifies their years of pre-meditated rorting.

I see now that 4 player managers are under investigation,but no players.When is this f...ing ridiculous idea that players who sign multiple contracts are not aware of salary cap rorting going to be killed off.What other reason could there be for signing 2 contracts ffs.It is outrageous.Just as outrageous as the idea that the nuffy who took over from Waldron continued to run the whole rort for six months and bellamy knew nothing.He is control freak of the highest order(as most good coaches are) and yet Mr Nuffy does it all on his own.

Gallop would do anything to keep the players out of this as that causes him all sorts of problems.If I have to see another sentence starting with "There is no suggestion of course of player involvement but...." i will throw up.

I have no problem with players doing their best but I can't cop  the "I know nothing garbage" when they get caught.

Welcome to the new world of roster management.Bellamy may find it aint that easy particularly if News stops buying half the junior rep sides each year.Not that that has changed much.3 of the  u20 squad from the gf winning warriors  are there already.

Its deflective bull**** Susan,quiet obvious he is just using deflection to keep their public image above the **** in the toilet

I hate how people say "but they developed these youngs kids and shoulf get concessions" etc

They went out and used all their money from News ltd to basically buy an entire Junior Kangaroo side 1 year, from memory was about 12-13 they got on the books. Pretty easy to develop young talent doing that

I saw steve burraston on a show last year (knights CEO) and he said its rubbish the storm develop players and highlighted how newcastle had spent years nuturing Inglis before thr storm ripped them off

Its a myth and no one but news ltd reporters believe it, or appear to anyway

There are many facets in developement but To develop a player they have to play against quality opposition, and that will never happen for melbourne unless they field teams in other competions outside victoria from under 6 and up

jbb/james link said:
gotta say the one about forans developement seems full of contradiction and cliche
Where is the contradiction and cliches----count how many times Dessie has Foran who is a 5/8 ball play or even run on our right side attack(i dont even think once in the Roosters or Newcastle games)---his ball playing development is being stifled due to Des allowing G-Stewart and J.Lyon to ball play on that side too much attacking structure in corridors to my liking.

I fully accepted this situation last year to ease the youngster into first grade and simplify is options but that was last its not good enough this year---i was not having a go at Foran(i'm a big fan) more having a go at Dessie.

Susan i fully understand front loading and back ending contracts to manage your way within the salary cap but you dont have to be a genius to work out who are rorting the cap beyond belief and who are just over to retain one or two players.

I dont come her to create conflict but i'm also not the type of fan that is in self denial or who does not appreciate the quality of other clubs. We need a national competition and concessions should be made to Melbourne----yes they rorted big time but the way they did it in relation to (player development/retention good stuctures in attack and defense) and rorting to keep the talent they developed is not as bad as buying established big names from other clubs with money over the cap"

To the heart of my thoughts i'm totally against the salary cap(Restraint of Trade) and not against rorting the system in this instance.

The consistent level of performance Melbourne have offered this last four years has been beautiful to watch---its also been great to see Dessie learn from Melbourne and come up with plays and structures to beat Melbourne(Dessie knows Melbourne inside out----in some ways taking his eyes off the other teams coming through like the Dragons and playing catch up again)

DSM5 link said:
My guess is TC is stuck in the 70s.  Fair enough too.  We did buy a few of premierships but that was when there was no salary cap.  All clubs spent as much as they were able to.  We did and got the rewards.  Those days are long gone TC.  We won in 08 fair and square.  40 nil against a team of cheats. 
I'm only early 30's mate and have no problems about buying premierships thats what i loved about Manly lol back in the late 80's and early to mid 90's.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1301381238[/time]

Ralphie link said:
Hey Technical Coach, are you also known as Lotti?
No idea who he is---i dont know anyone who participate in these forums nor have i met anyone here---not really my crowd to be honest. I'm not a flag waver face painter or beer drinking type so i'm guessing thats not Lotti.

I dont hate Melbourne nor do i support them(i admire the technical aspects of their play from attack/defense to mastering the wrestle) i hate and despise anything that is NewsCorp or Rupert related---just another typical right wing tosser who abuses his media interests overly to spread his political propaganda---we dont need AM talk back radio everywhere.

Ok calm down boy lets leave politics out of it-----back to our scheduled broadcasts-----Go Manly.

Well there you have it........TC cannot possibly be Lotti.

No way known that Lotti could make so much english language sense regardless of the merits of the content.

Oh and being borderline broke means bugger all in relation to the ability or inclination to rort the cap----seemingly broke teams are winning comps why is that.

Susan of all the people who chat in this forum i would not have expected yourself to come back with a weak reply--- sounding like a one eyed supporter which is fine---sometimes i wish i could be that way myself but i keep that restricted to game day support.

The Nrl should have done what the AFL have done in relation to offering concessions for expansion---yes the Sydney clubs will hate it and i fully understand why they would be against it but at least it would have been above board.

The truth is that the scum did get concessions when they were admitted to the comp. Those concessions justifiably were scaled back a few years ago after they had been so successful.

Cheating and premierships taken away, they have already won more than all but the long established teams. They are a one city team in the 2nd largest city in the country, which has a massive NSW expat population.

It's time for the grubs to sink or swim.

Jatz Crackers link said:
Regardless of any peripheral issues the fact remains that the Melbourne Storm are a souless club.

This is a club that to date has cheated on the field with tactics designed to circumvent the rules.

This is a club who has not only cheated the salary cap but denied cheating after they were caught and then to top it all off, paraded to the media as if they had been hard done by. They still to this day maintain this sham (wow) false pretence of victimhood.

This is a club that has taken food off the other clubs table and laughed at the competition simply because they were protected by News Ltd as part owner(cough) of our sport.

If anyone here thinks the Melbourne Storm are not a scum soaked organisation then just post here what community based foundations this souless club stands on ? 
And sadly one of the finest local juniors and influential figures in our Club's history is a principal of the Light and Variables. Frank Stanton, come on down...

So the Storm develop their own juniors. 

How many native Victorians actually play for the Storm or even in the NRL. Without junior/schoolboy teams you aren't developing anything.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2