is anyone else sick of the lauding of the scum?

WHAT A CROCK TC.Look at the winning clubs.

If you haven't noticed in the last 12 years since super league the richer clubs melbourne and brisbane  have won most of them(4 to brisbane,3 to melbourne) with canterbury,roosters and saints getting one as well and they are at the top end of the financial scale.Penrith were very wealthy in 2003 pre poker machine tax and GFC.

So that leaves Manly and Wests.Manly were lucky to pay their staff 08-now. If you didnt notice their major owner was heavily involved in commercial property  at that time.nice asset to own during the gfc.I know for a fact that there were many times in recent years where they didnt spend their cap.

Wests were a million to one in 2005 .HAVE A LOOK AT THEIR SIDE AND TELL ME THEY WERE RORTING THE CAP.Most were 20 years old.

Weak is not the word for the that ingenius post.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1301442662[/time]

sorry left out newcastle.know nothing about them except they had a bloke called Johns.

susan link said:
WHAT A CROCK TC.Look at the winning clubs.

If you haven't noticed in the last 12 years since super league the richer clubs melbourne and brisbane  have won most of them(4 to brisbane,3 to melbourne) with canterbury,roosters and saints getting one as well and they are at the top end of the financial scale.Penrith were very wealthy in 2003 pre poker machine tax and GFC.

So that leaves Manly and Wests.Manly were lucky to pay their staff 08-now. If you didnt notice their major owner was heavily involved in commercial property  at that time.nice asset to own during the gfc.I know for a fact that there were many times in recent years where they didnt spend their cap.

Wests were a million to one in 2005 .HAVE A LOOK AT THEIR SIDE AND TELL ME THEY WERE RORTING THE CAP.Most were 20 years old.

Weak is not the word for the that ingenius post.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1301442662[/time]

sorry left out newcastle.know nothing about them except they had a bloke called Johns.

...and they were souped up with some "helpers"!

Read the post again Susan i did not state most clubs that have won premierships this last decade have been broke----i stated
"Oh and being borderline broke means bugger all in relation to the ability or inclination to rort the cap----seemingly broke teams are winning comps why is that"
Manly and Newcastle run very tight budgets in terms of staff and facilities(less so with Manly since Dessies appointment in relation to facilities) but blow out in player payments as much or even more so than wealthy clubs during their premierships.

Compare apples with apples Susan----labelling Canterbury,Roosters, Saints and Panthers as wealthy due to massive leagues club wealth and grants(without wealthy individual owners) then you have to label Manly,Souths and soon to be Newcastle as "wealthy" due to wealthy owners subsidizing our Football operations in the same manner as wealthy leagues clubs do.

Every club is technically broke all i'm saying is those clubs that are considered the least wealthiest such as Manly, Newcastle, etc have had playing Rosters far beyond what they can afford and win Premierships. There are reasons why they do---hint hint they are still spending big on player payments and someone or something God like is able to rain money because "most" players dont take massive pay cuts to "join" "family clubs with great facilities"

The Tigers premiership of 2005 is the only team on the surface that looks within the Salary cap at the time--- luck and good scouting plus a brilliant coach helped young players reach their potential before the upgraded contracts kicked in.

Technical Coach link said:
luck and good scouting plus a brilliant coach helped young players reach their potential before the upgraded contracts kicked in.

How is that any different to Manly in 08.

With the exception of Lyon & Orford and perhaps Kite at that stage, most of our "star" players had massive upgrades post 08. Ballin, Wolfy, Robbo, Hall, Bryant, Le Strange, Rose were hardly household names and we either developed through the club or bought from other clubs where they weren't even regular first graders.

I'm not saying we dont develop talent---Manly are one of the best at it i'm saying from the years 06-09 we hired some of the best creative accountants even taking into account front loaded, back loaded and youth development. It is so obvious it is beyond laughable(merely my own opinion based on "zero" facts)

Comparing our squad to the Tigers 05 premiership only has similarities in relation to releasing players "After winning the Grand Final" not the purchases of players leading up to it.

This argument is getting far too technical for me, can we stick to who is going to win or lose this weekend.

Technical Coach link said:
I'm not saying we dont develop talent---Manly are one of the best at it i'm saying from the years 06-09 we hired some of the best creative accountants even taking into account front loaded, back loaded and youth development. It is so obvious it is beyond laughable(merely my own opinion based on \"zero\" facts)

Comparing our squad to the Tigers 05 premiership only has similarities in relation to releasing players \"After winning the Grand Final\" not the purchases of players leading up to it.

Il repeat myself TC. You know this  for fact, and are you just shooting off your mouth will nilly . Maybe you should say

In my opinion........................................................................just a thought

My best and longest term friend ran the club for the "five year plan"which culminated in one of the best nights of my life in 08..We have been in business together for 20 years.He is one of the most scrupulously honest and reasonable men you will ever meet and together with Des was the reason this club turned around.If he tells me that things were always tight and we did not breach the salary cap at any time I will believe over a bloke who blindly casts aspersions on our success on a manly supporters site.

give yourself an uppercut.

susan link said:
My best and longest term friend ran the club for the \"five year plan\"which culminated in one of the best nights of my life in 08..We have been in business together for 20 years.He is one of the most scrupulously honest and reasonable men you will ever meet and together with Des was the reason this club turned around.If he tells me that things were always tight and we did not breach the salary cap at any time I will believe over a bloke who blindly casts aspersions on our success on a manly supporters site.

give yourself an uppercut.

Revealing a lot mate.

How are you by the way, and where has your brother gone?

yeah Dan.But unsupported rubbish like that needs to be shot down.

Sam is no longer a fat fool(has lost 20kg) and we operate our own stockbroking and trading business on the Goldy.All is good.

Yeah I agree. Absolute fals ungrounded stuff like that absolutely needs to be stamped out.

People are applying current player contract prices retrospectively. Forgetting that at the time a lot of those players were not worth anywhere near as much.

In fact some were on the back-end of fairly modest first contracts.

As for Sam....he lost 20kegs...tell him I said, it will be in the last place he looks hahaha

Hope the business is going well mate.

Love your work Susan!!

You'll have to make one of my trips one day, would love to chew the fat with you (so to speak)

im up for the brisbane game with a few long term local eagles Mark.If you can give me your contact details a Caxton celebratory drink could well be in order after we put Griffin's boys to the sword.

You'll all be wetting my newborns head for me I take it?

after our  win up there a couple of years ago there was not too much i didn't wet.watching parkers kick swing wide at the death was one of the greatest pleasures of my dull life.

Susan dont get me wrong i'm not stating my beliefs to undermine or devalue the credentials of our Grand final win or our success over this period. I feel all(well the vast majority) are playing the same game to the same extent as cyclists competing in past Tour D France events and 100m Sprinters competing in the Olympics.

I also accounted for the retrospective aspect of player values so its not something i overlooked including purchased outside players, upgraded contracts, second major contracts and undervalued players through good scouting.

I'm a big fan of Dessie and Crusher and the way around the salary cap is by investing in the best scouting, coaching and training techniques/facilities which had Manly ahead of the development curve for a time period and this laid the platform to our success. I have my doubts in Dessie in relation to technical aspects of his coaching--- (not coaching out bad attacking habits and being stuck in the slow the play the ball mentality game) but being a good coach this day and age goes far beyond just tactics.

I would not have stated my opinion on these forums but i'm getting sick of all the "we are clean and they are scums" comments in the same manner that i hate people who promote their good side to people. ("you know i'm a good bloke"  "i'm a nice person" "trust me" "come on now you know me better than that")

In my world never trust anyone who promotes their good attributes and reformed people(in any capacity) who promote the positive changes they have made either through the papers or open mouthing it too often are guaranteed to fall back into the same habit. 

You have your opinions Susan backed up by inner sanctum friendship and "no facts" i have my opinions based on my own opinion and "no facts" all is good--- in the end its your own opinions that count not the opinions of others.

Anyway Susan always respected your technical knowledge of the game far more than most males on this site and continue the great posts.

susan link said:
im up for the brisbane game with a few long term local eagles Mark.If you can give me your contact details a Caxton celebratory drink could well be in order after we put Griffin's boys to the sword.

My e-mail address is in my signature below

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2