Inglis ****show will be interesting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[
Rugby league legend Phil Gould has defended South Sydney’s push to recoup dead money from Greg Inglis’s contract following the champion’s premature retirement from the NRL.
Inglis on Monday announced his immediate retirement from rugby league, aged 32, claiming chronic injuries meant he could no longer be the player and leader his club needed.

Now the Rabbitohs have reportedly sought dispensation from the NRL to reclaim around $1.5 million from the remainder of Inglis’s contract to replace their retired superstar.
Gould says Souths shouldn’t have to explain how much they pay Inglis for a new ambassadorial role at the club.

“Greg Inglis had retired for legitimate reasons. This has not been some sort of salary cap play to get him to retire early so they can pay him money previously” .

“This kid has walked away from the game. If he gets a job doing anything, I don’t care what they’re paying him.”

‘I WANT GREG INGLIS LOOKED AFTER’[/QUOTE]
Greg Inglis has been looked after for 15 years by Rugby League, on massive money, is he more deserved of being looked after than Graham Eadie ?

Last edited:
All that matters is Inglis is taken care of, Gus says so....
Rugby league legend Phil Gould has defended South Sydney’s push to recoup dead money from Greg Inglis’s contract following the champion’s premature retirement from the NRL.
Inglis on Monday announced his immediate retirement from rugby league, aged 32, claiming chronic injuries meant he could no longer be the player and leader his club needed.

Now the Rabbitohs have reportedly sought dispensation from the NRL to reclaim around $1.5 million from the remainder of Inglis’s contract to replace their retired superstar.
Gould says Souths shouldn’t have to explain how much they pay Inglis for a new ambassadorial role at the club.

“Greg Inglis had retired for legitimate reasons. This has not been some sort of salary cap play to get him to retire early so they can pay him money previously” .

“This kid has walked away from the game. If he gets a job doing anything, I don’t care what they’re paying him.”

‘I WANT GREG INGLIS LOOKED AFTER’

That is the other thing that is sh***ing me about all this, even if they want to have everyone believe all is above board and no rort, (yeah right), you still have a situation where if the reported amounts of 300k each from the NRL and Souths, are being paid for his new roles, what a fkn waste of money, specially with Gould saying that sort of crap about not caring how much they pay him. You have country league dying, crying out for funds, junior league becoming so expensive for parents, last I checked around $180 per registration, (thank fk I don't have to do that anymore), yet they can throw bucket loads around like this without question.

That is the other thing that is sh***ing me about all this, even if they want to have everyone believe all is above board and no rort, (yeah right), you still have a situation where if the reported amounts of 300k each from the NRL and Souths, are being paid for his new roles, what a fkn waste of money, specially with Gould saying that sort of crap about not caring how much they pay him. You have country league dying, crying out for funds, junior league becoming so expensive for parents, last I checked around $180 per registration, (thank fk I don't have to do that anymore), yet they can throw bucket loads around like this without question.

Was about to say the same, if Inglis hasn't been able to at least squirrel away some of his $750k salary over the years plus his TPA'S then he doesn't need more money, what he needs is the Barefoot Book !!

I could be very wrong about this but I reckon this Inglis deal could prove very very damaging for Greenslime.

You can bet there’s 15 other club CEO’s that are watching very carefully.
The Tigers CEO lost his accreditation for it.

He should start a defamation case if Greenturd is shown as having had input into the incentivising of GI retiring without losing his contracted monies :nerd:

Yep, my daughter ( now a single income parent due to her husband passing away from Cancer), has two boys aged 8/10.

Both love and play their Rugby League and that’s about the cost.

Plus then boots , headgear, mouthguards and living in the country the incredible amount of travel involved.

Meanwhile they “ could” play AFL totally sponsored , kit , fees , everything.

The game is dying in the Bush, when I played as a child there were probably 500-700 kids in my old home town playing, nowadays about 150.

They get an annual visit of some NRL players in their area ( but may have to travel 700km round trip to see them) that’s about all the NRL do.

It’s a joke!!

Yep, my daughter ( now a single income parent due to her husband passing away from Cancer), has two boys aged 8/10.

Plus then boots , headgear, mouthguards and living in the country the incredible amount of travel involved.

The game is dying in the Bush, when I played as a child there were probably 500-700 kids in my old home town playing, nowadays about 150.

They get an annual visit of some NRL players in their area ( but may have to travel 700km round trip to see them) that’s about all the NRL do.

It’s a joke!!

They should be playing golf! Bad grand-parenting!

:p

It’s a joke!!

Exactly, even fkn Hockey have heavily subsidised rego and kit supplied, and it is nowhere near the profile league has.
Its easy to say oh but we are a multi million dollar business, its only $300k its nothing, but multiply all the useless jobs for the boys they have developed, even the lawyers they are forced to pay because of Greenburgs agenda.
Meanwhile back at the coalface, dedicated people in the bush and all over the country give up their time to promote and run local rugby league, simply because they love the game, but don't get the support they need.

Its a joke alright.
End rant

There are two pretty simple questions for me.

Did Souths create a job out of thin air for Inglis ?

Would Inglis have retired if said job was not created for him ?

I think we all know the answers.
It’s like greiner and metherell

From the article.....

Some clubs believe a fair outcome would have been for Souths to carry Inglis' outstanding $500,000 on their cap for this season. Penrith did just that with Peter Wallace last year, even though he retired from the game midway through the season.
Same 'change of roles' scenario as GI as he became a Riff Assisstant Coach straight away, yet his remaining contract amount was left on the Riff Cap :cool:

So Gould said it and now Meninga has said it. Inglis retired due to chronic long term recurring injuries. So it's plain as black and white that souffs must carry the $1.5 mil on their cap isn't it ????
Somehow no. Why not Manly have the same luxury of saying to Snake and Matai the same dea. For fuksake then why not !!!! We should've had that extra $1mil for players while they sat out their last year. One rule for Turdys favourites while others get sht sandwiches.

Last edited:
There are two pretty simple questions for me.

Did Souths create a job out of thin air for Inglis ?

Would Inglis have retired if said job was not created for him ?

I think we all know the answers.

That's why a lot of people are asking what the difference is between 1nglis and the Tigpies offering Farah a job for when he retires.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4