Inglis ****show will be interesting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Doesn’t inglis’ current girlfriend work at the nrl, I guess she might be in for a $1m bonus this year - problem easily solved
Or Packer , Crowe and Inglis have a game of poker winner take all with a pot of one million, Packer folds, Crowe folds, and guess who still is in?

That's why a lot of people are asking what the difference is between 1nglis and the Tigpies offering Farah a job for when he retires.

Farah hasn't ever been convicted for speeding, DUI and DV, or signed 2 contracts for the same season.

He had a beer on a scoreboard. That sort of tomfoolery is driving people away from the game and should not be tolerated.

We have to look after GI because, as his achievements above clearly demonstrate, he has given the game so much. In fact, I have it on good authority that he's the reason Greenberg's daughter and her friends play touch footy. And really that's the whole objective of the competition satisfied right there.

The obvious thing for us to do is impose a GI levy on registrations for juniors. You know, something small - maybe $750/year for each kid. That way GI would finally get the compensation he deserves after so many years of selflessly devoting himself to the game, and upholding the highest of moral standards of society, with barely any financial reward.

/sarcasm

What has GI earnt in the last 12 years playing footy?
Playing contracts 7.5 million . ++
32 origins X $30,000 = 960,000

Tpa's = 1 million plus?
Second contracts??? $$$$+ boats + +
Ambassador roles = 500,000
Sponsorship deals = 500,000?

But yeah let's spend NRL money on this guy and NOT GIVE IT TO JNR LEAGUE where the game will die.

#SackGreenburg

Ooooh,

Lucky for GI.

Maybe even Toddy couldn't get him off the new laws!

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6107735/all-drink-drivers-in-nsw-to-lose-licence/?cs=14231

Anyone caught drink-driving in NSW can now lose their licence immediately under a tough new penalty regime that will also see offenders fined almost $600.

First time, low-range drink-drivers from May 20 can be slapped with an on-the-spot suspension of their licence for three months and a fine of $561.

Roads Minister Andrew Constance says NSW is taking a "zero-tolerance" approach to drink and drug-driving.

"This means anyone caught drink-driving in NSW, at any level, including low-range, can now lose their licence immediately," the minister said in a statement on Monday.

Ooooh,

Lucky for GI.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6107735/all-drink-drivers-in-nsw-to-lose-licence/?cs=14231

Anyone caught drink-driving in NSW can now lose their licence immediately under a tough new penalty regime that will also see offenders fined almost $600.

First time, low-range drink-drivers from May 20 can be slapped with an on-the-spot suspension of their licence for three months and a fine of $561.

Roads Minister Andrew Constance says NSW is taking a "zero-tolerance" approach to drink and drug-driving.

"This means anyone caught drink-driving in NSW, at any level, including low-range, can now lose their licence immediately," the minister said in a statement on Monday.
Shoddy didn’t seem to think that drunk drivers speeding was a dangerous offense given his glowing reference provided to GI and fan favorite of the pride of the league...

There is no way they deserve a cap exemption for GI. Definetly not for this season. Other clubs have been in the same boat and received nothing.

I have no issues him working with souffs but while he was contracted then it should be included in their cap.

If they get it then I want a credit for skivvy and snake (I know, never happen).

They will get some sort of cap relief but they shouldn’t. Some players will be in a financial position to retire without further payment, others will not be. Salary cap relief should not be dependent on whether or not a player is financially secure enough to forgo payment of the rest of their contract (putting to one side the whole charade or finding Inglis a job to compensate him).

Also, one of Todd’s arguments about why Manly’s TPA conduct was so egregious was that it distorted the player market. Well, signing a guy to $1m for four years and allowing the club to replace him with another $1m player half way through his contract distorts the market as well, considering there are only so many $1m players. Souths took the punt on Inglis, it didn’t come off. You win some, you lose some, but Souths shouldn’t be given another crack at signing a marquee player just because they did a dud deal.

In saying this, the other clubs won’t complain as they have probably wanted / will want to do the same thing. Just wait for the NRL to declare this to be a ‘one off’...

Also, if I hear anyone say the game owes Greg Inglis I think I will puke. The game owes him nothing. Zilch. Nada. It’s the other way around - he owes the game everything; after all he has mega bucks and got a cushy post career gig out of it. He deserves this, but the game has been exceptionally good to him.

Ooooh,

Lucky for GI.

Can?
Yeah I know, consistency is overrated.

If they allow Inglis' salary top be removed from the cap it will open the floodgates for other teams with players under long term contracts who have played one season to long

Darious Boyd would be the next one to try and have his salary removed even though he still has 3 years left on his contract

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6