Inglis ****show will be interesting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Farah was still playing when they offered him that job,bit of a difference.Payed him a bit less on the cap with a promise of a job after his career

1nglis was still playing, just out injured, when he was offered the job as ambassador. So what's the difference?

Why is his contract not being counted under Souffs salary cap when Newcastle are being forced to count the contract of the now retired Nathan Ross under theirs?

Why is his contract not being counted under Souffs salary cap when Manly were forced to have Nate Myles' contract counted after he had not only left the club to join another, but then retired while at that other club?

The whole thing stinks more than the abattoirs on a hot summers day.

To be honest. Looking at him, listening to him , pondering that hair , the sheer amount of gel required , the blank looks at press conferences , the limp wristed excuses, the lack of accountability , furnituregate, remembering him choke as a player .......how did we ever go down that road .... it is a nightmare never to be revisited

I hark back to one of our great soldiers Arko at the player and fan reunion last year on GC. When asked about Zoolander.... “ nice bloke but let’s get him on a bus back to Wollongong He’s not one of ours “

Three long wasted years that would never have happened with the Godfather calling the shots.

We are on our way back but we need need to learn from that mess. Never again Never !

Des is Manly and we will win our title this decade as history requires.
And the irony is that Arko's favourite 'son' thought that Barrett would be a good fit.

Must admit I did too, but only because what was the alternative once they deselected Toovey?

Anyway, glad that's over.

1. Apparently latest news is that GI is taking a break away from the spotlight on his new boat.
    sunseeker_86_yacht.jpg

Go figure eah....

So players who literally medically can't play but wants to (Snake and Matai) are included in the cap

But a player that wakes up and cbf'd playing anymore because has lost his 'love' of the game should be paid outside the cap.

And JDB and co are the reason the NRL is rating low in the NPS survey from fans.

Just goes to show the reason why they don't care about Manly or any of the other clubs in Sydney they want to get rid of. All of the reactive policy is from these fan surveys, what an absolute load of bollocks. Its typical of a joke of a CEO like Greenberg that he sits around reading polls to give him the answer for the direction of the game.

Has it been confirmed he gets the same pay as his playing contract?
Let's put it this way, Souths is owned by a billionaire and a multi millionaire, so a million and a half out of their own pockets is of no consequence, and NOT under salary cap scrutiny..
However, a reduction of $1.5 million, in South's salary cap over the next two years would be a disaster. what would you do?

Mate, you can believe ... or make up whatever fantasy scenario you like ... but the fact remains that Ingliss has retired .... and Snake and Matai didn't .....

Therefore ... any comparison is irrelevant .....
Ok thats a fair point, however the manner of the retirement is where the problem lies. Skivvy and Brett simply were not afforded the option to retire in the same fashion that Inglis has. The difference is he has only agreed to retire in this fashion because Souths and the NRL will continue to pay him a massive salary to shake hands and sign autographs. Our two on the other hand, had to remain contracted in order to receive what they were owed, Inglis does not need to as they have sorted it in other ways, and I am sure if this option was available to Manly they would not only have did the same with Snake and Skivvy but would have paid Glenn Stewart overs to hang onto him for the final years of his contract, knowing that they could have retired him and gave him a job at the club if he got injured. Our club imploded because the NRL would not allow us to do any of these Inglis style retirements. It is so unfair however that is the way the NRL will keep turning the screws on us until we are gone.

And the irony is that Arko's favourite 'son' thought that Barrett would be a good fit.

Must admit I did too, but only because what was the alternative once they deselected Toovey?

Anyway, glad that's over.

I'll be the first to admit that I only ever supported Barrett as our coach because if he was successful, then so was Manly.

As we know, it wasn't successful and like you I am glad that's over.

Ok thats a fair point, however the manner of the retirement is where the problem lies. Skivvy and Brett simply were not afforded the option to retire in the same fashion that Inglis has. The difference is he has only agreed to retire in this fashion because Souths and the NRL will continue to pay him a massive salary to shake hands and sign autographs. Our two on the other hand, had to remain contracted in order to receive what they were owed, Inglis does not need to as they have sorted it in other ways, and I am sure if this option was available to Manly they would not only have did the same with Snake and Skivvy but would have paid Glenn Stewart overs to hang onto him for the final years of his contract, knowing that they could have retired him and gave him a job at the club if he got injured. Our club imploded because the NRL would not allow us to do any of these Inglis style retirements. It is so unfair however that is the way the NRL will keep turning the screws on us until we are gone.

I believe that the Ingliss "retirement" and subsequent employment is deserving of an investigation of 2V proportions .... something stinks .... the circumstances and facts of this "potential" scandal stand and smell all on there own ...

I also believe that there is absolutely no need to compare any similarity to Snake and Matai ..... the cases are completely different ...

We lose focus by bringing in extraneous unrelated issues .... the issue here is the suspected collusion by Souff's and the NRL to rort the salary cap ..... that should be the only issue on the table ...

All that matters is Inglis is taken care of, Gus says so....
Rugby league legend Phil Gould has defended South Sydney’s push to recoup dead money from Greg Inglis’s contract following the champion’s premature retirement from the NRL.
Inglis on Monday announced his immediate retirement from rugby league, aged 32, claiming chronic injuries meant he could no longer be the player and leader his club needed.

Now the Rabbitohs have reportedly sought dispensation from the NRL to reclaim around $1.5 million from the remainder of Inglis’s contract to replace their retired superstar.
Gould says Souths shouldn’t have to explain how much they pay Inglis for a new ambassadorial role at the club.

“Greg Inglis had retired for legitimate reasons. This has not been some sort of salary cap play to get him to retire early so they can pay him money previously” .

“This kid has walked away from the game. If he gets a job doing anything, I don’t care what they’re paying him.”

‘I WANT GREG INGLIS LOOKED AFTER’

All that matters is Inglis is taken care of, Gus says so....
Rugby league legend Phil Gould has defended South Sydney’s push to recoup dead money from Greg Inglis’s contract following the champion’s premature retirement from the NRL.
Inglis on Monday announced his immediate retirement from rugby league, aged 32, claiming chronic injuries meant he could no longer be the player and leader his club needed.

Now the Rabbitohs have reportedly sought dispensation from the NRL to reclaim around $1.5 million from the remainder of Inglis’s contract to replace their retired superstar.
Gould says Souths shouldn’t have to explain how much they pay Inglis for a new ambassadorial role at the club.

“Greg Inglis had retired for legitimate reasons. This has not been some sort of salary cap play to get him to retire early so they can pay him money previously” .

“This kid has walked away from the game. If he gets a job doing anything, I don’t care what they’re paying him.”

‘I WANT GREG INGLIS LOOKED AFTER’

Gus the toad head is only taking this tack because the nrl and souths are doing it anyway, and if the precedent has been set, Penrith and other favoured clubs will be able to do the same thing in the future.

nrl twitter

The NRL has made no determination on the Greg Inglis retirement arrangements. The Rabbitohs will make a submission to the Salary Cap Auditor and then a determination will be made.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Gee I wonder what the determination will be?

nrl twitter

The NRL has made no determination on the Greg Inglis retirement arrangements. The Rabbitohs will make a submission to the Salary Cap Auditor and then a determination will be made.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Gee I wonder what the determination will be?

The truly funny (or enraging) part of this statement is the use of the term "salary cap auditor"" ... fair fukken dinkum ... are they taking the piss ....

Salary cap auditor my hairy fat (but strangely erotic) arrse!

As we have learnt to our pain .... there is only one person that determines salary cap compliance and that is GreenTurd ..... why not just tell the truth and say they will ask Toddy if it's ok ...

I could be very wrong about this but I reckon this Inglis deal could prove very very damaging for Greenslime.

You can bet there’s 15 other club CEO’s that are watching very carefully.

Its typical of a joke of a CEO like Greenberg that he sits around reading polls to give him the answer for the direction of the game.
Our country is run off poll results so it is no surprise a political animal like Greenberg would do the same.

I could be very wrong about this but I reckon this Inglis deal could prove very very damaging for Greenslime.

You can bet there’s 15 other club CEO’s that are watching very carefully.
Sincerely wish that was the case. Was hoping the JDB case would be as well. Maybe the momentum of all these f@ck ups in a short space of time will eventually tip the apple cart on his head.

Sincerely wish that was the case. Was hoping the JDB case would be as well. Maybe the momentum of all these f@ck ups in a short space of time will eventually tip the apple cart on his head.

I rated that an optimistic but not aimed at you personally, moreso the fact that it might affect his tenure.

IMO, Todd is going to have to **** up big time to be booted.

Our only hope is he takes the political path we all think he’s aiming for sooner rather than later.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4