Huni V Gallon ..who will win poll ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The result will be ..

• Huni bt KO

Votes: 25 33.8%
  • Huni by points

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Gallon by KO

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Gallon by points

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Don't give a rat's

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • The winner will be Boxing .

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Ummm how long has Fury been fighting compared to Huni??? How old is fury compared to Huni…..give the kid a break. By the time he’s had as many fights as Fury he’ll be well known around the world unlike Gallen who only fights out of date bums or old farts. Now he’s (Gallen) complaining that the fight shouldn’t have been stopped. Why so he could have shown what a great fighter he is lololol…..wish the fight wasn’t stopped so we could watch Gallen get beat up more! Big mouth before the fight & now a whingeing loser!
Won the world title at 25.
I won’t hold my breath mate…

Won the world title at 25.
I won’t hold my breath mate…
Fury won the world title in 2015 when he was 27……his record at the same age as Huni is quite similar. Not saying he’ll be a world champion but he’s pretty special at his age. 5 years is a long time in boxing so yeah I’m prepared to give the kid time & hold my breath for a while yet.
PS….Fury was done for anti doping in 2016 & was stripped of his title. Did well to rehabilitate & come back better & regained his titles….he’s 32 now & still regarded as the best heavyweight fighter / boxer currently.

Last edited:
Fury won the world title in 2015 when he was 27……his record at the same age as Huni is quite similar. Not saying he’ll be a world champion but he’s pretty special at his age. 5 years is a long time in boxing so yeah I’m prepared to give the kid time!!!
PS….Fury was done for anti doping in 2016 & was stripped of his title. Did well to rehabilitate & come back better & regained his titles….he’s 32 now & still regarded as the best heavyweight fighter / boxer currently.
Is he not 32

Boxing is such a hang out for grubs. Makes a complete mockery of trying to protect rugby league players from head injuries. Wouldn’t watch a fight if it was the last sport on earth. All hero’s and wannabes.
Haha... yeah no skill in boxing...

Go 2 x 3min rounds and see how well you can hold your hands up still... you don't have to like it but downplaying the skill , toughness and fitness it takes is ridiculous...

Heros and wannabes - thats rich... could apply that 'logic' to all sports people...

Boxing is such a hang out for grubs. Makes a complete mockery of trying to protect rugby league players from head injuries. Wouldn’t watch a fight if it was the last sport on earth. All hero’s and wannabes.

Ouch. I’m training for my first boxing match at the moment actually. The whole fight night is a fundraiser for a suicide prevention charity. No heroes or wannabes anywhere near it; the organisers, coaches, fighters are all fantastic people - plenty who do a hell of a lot for their communities in their day jobs too.

Boxing isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, sure. Nobody’s making you participate or even watch if you don’t want to. And there are grubs in the sport just like there are in every sport. It’s also one of the tougher challenges you can take on, sporting wise, and to make derogatory claims about everyone involved is pretty bloody harsh, not to mention just plain wrong.

Ouch. I’m training for my first boxing match at the moment actually. The whole fight night is a fundraiser for a suicide prevention charity. No heroes or wannabes anywhere near it; the organisers, coaches, fighters are all fantastic people - plenty who do a hell of a lot for their communities in their day jobs too.

Psssh,

I'd easily beat you!

(to the exit door, running away)

Good luck and I hope you raise lots of $$$ for that worthy charity.

Boxing isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, sure. Nobody’s making you participate or even watch if you don’t want to. And there are grubs in the sport just like there are in every sport. It’s also one of the tougher challenges you can take on, sporting wise, and to make derogatory claims about everyone involved is pretty bloody harsh, not to mention just plain wrong.
All the best with the fight @yokahontas... hope you raise plenty $$$$$$....

hands up, chin down and keep working the jab ;)

Must admit I'm not a boxing fan either N67. Brutal sport and one that can leave competitors seriously damaged. Even worse is cage fighting. I actually had a professional cage fighter on a court order. The guy was obviously brain damaged, and yet was anxious to get back into the cage.

Despite that I can appreciate the skill involved. I remember the few times I did take some interest was when here in Oz the boxing was shown on commercial TV around 8.30 on a Friday night. Remember the skills of Hector Thompson and Tony Mundine (not his son), and was impressed with their ability. Famechon, Rose, Fenech, Tszyu, Anthony Mundine...yeh I've seen a little of their fighting and appreciate the talent. Tszyu seemed the best of the Australians. Certainly Ali was someone who entertained.

But its a brutal gladiatorial sport, and one I'm afraid I've never warmed to. But then I'm not an Australian Rules fan either. Just my choices.

Best of luck; I hope you win and raise a truckload of cash in doing so.

Bear in mind Huni has to fight under amateur rules at the Olympics and has been training as such. His father has said they’re not working on the knockouts until after the Olympics - you’ll see a change of style for sure when he transitions to the pros full-time, it’s the same with every boxer.

With respect Yoka ... I have heard that argument before .. and it sounds logical, sensible and reasonable ... but I call it bulldust, crap and a smother .... As good as Huni is, he is well underpowered for a heavyweight ...

Never in the history of heavyweight boxing has any heavyweight ever said I want to win on points ... you still win an amateur bout by knocking your opponent into next week ... and he will still win Olympic Gold by knocking his opponent out in the 1st ..

The fact is he Huni has unloaded 100's of his best power shots on his hapless 5 opponents .. and a 39yo ex footy player who had never fought either 3 min rounds or 10 rounds before was still standing until the middle of the 10th ... and became the first fighter Huni had put on the canvas for a count ....

Agree he will work on his power and with age and experience get better ... but notions that it is not an issue of genuine concern to even his own camp are off track for mine .... they can smother and wrap it up in all manner of spin ... but a worry it has to be ...

I wish Huni all the best ...

Boy, he hit Gallen about 200 times with his best shots for 10 rounds .... and eventually wore him down ...

If Huni is thinking of taking on Fury, Wilder or Joshua ... I think he might need to hit a bit harder ...
Huni has good speed, but Joshua…..wow. I have to slow the speed down on YT, just to see that straight right handed bomb he’s got.
But Hunis only 22. Those other three have ten years plus on the kid. Watching his progression for the future is going to be interesting.

I have my opinion and you have yours. I’ll stick by mine thanks. After all opinions are like bums, we all got one. Doesn’t mean I’m wrong just means we don’t agree.

With respect Yoka ... I have heard that argument before .. and it sounds logical, sensible and reasonable ... but I call it bulldust, crap and a smother .... As good as Huni is, he is well underpowered for a heavyweight ...

Never in the history of heavyweight boxing has any heavyweight ever said I want to win on points ... you still win an amateur bout by knocking your opponent into next week ... and he will still win Olympic Gold by knocking his opponent out in the 1st ..

The fact is he Huni has unloaded 100's of his best power shots on his hapless 5 opponents .. and a 39yo ex footy player who had never fought either 3 min rounds or 10 rounds before was still standing until the middle of the 10th ... and became the first fighter Huni had put on the canvas for a count ....

Agree he will work on his power and with age and experience get better ... but notions that it is not an issue of genuine concern to even his own camp are off track for mine .... they can smother and wrap it up in all manner of spin ... but a worry it has to be ...

I wish Huni all the best ...

Vlad Klitschko did alright on points as an amateur.

I admire Gallen. He showed great courage and commitment as a footballer, and could so easily have dogged it in this fight like so many other would-be boxers have done. He earned his $1m pay cheque.
I also admire the way he is forging a career in the media. His opinions are far more considered than most of the ex-footballers who are gifted media roles simply because they could play the sport.

I do not really know you but your great character has come through at the great things that you do

It takes a lot of Character and courage to get into the ring and also takes a big heart to dedicate your time to others like the vulnerable people that you are helping

This charity for a suicide prevention is a great humanity thing and I would like to support you and the charity in inspiring and saving lives . I hope others on here can also assist to save a tormented soul

@Yokozuna please leave details how we can all help .

I do not really know you but your great character has come through at the great things that you do

It takes a lot of Character and courage to get into the ring and also takes a big heart to dedicate your time to others like the vulnerable people that you are helping

This charity for a suicide prevention is a great humanity thing and I would like to support you and the charity in inspiring and saving lives . I hope others on here can also assist to save a tormented soul

@Yokozuna please leave details how we can all help .

Thanks @BOZO

The organisation we’re raising funds for is talk2mebro - the #talk2mebro movement – #talk2mebro

Given the prevalence of young males, in particular, taking permanent ‘solutions’ to what should be temporary problems (which I sadly see too much of through my work), I think theirs is a pretty worthwhile cause. We’re selling t-shirts in the lead up, and there will be an intermission on fight night where the guys from talk2mebro will have a chat to the crowd about what they do and what they’re trying to achieve. My coach reckons there will be around 600-700 spectators so hopefully we will raise a really good chunk of $$$ for them.

There looks like being a really good mix of experienced fighters and newbies, guys and girls, so it should be a fantastic night out as well.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4