Huni V Gallon ..who will win poll ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The result will be ..

• Huni bt KO

Votes: 25 33.8%
  • Huni by points

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Gallon by KO

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Gallon by points

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Don't give a rat's

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • The winner will be Boxing .

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
"Tickle, tickle, tickle!"

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fc8023834-df93-4407-9c99-fae661283742

Some good judge mentioned the use of a left rip to the body ... I think it was in the first post ....

do people (and the media I suppose) really buy into all the pre-fight comments?

I mean Gal shot his mouth off 24/7 and after the fight "yeah, it's all just b/s to hype it up."

I guess next fight the same things will be said and regurgitated down our throats by mama bird media.

Does it work? I mean ...ugh. I dunno how to put it so ugh will do. Have a brain 'morans'

Yep complete circus and it was clear from the outset with Gals ott comments. Did Huni miss the weigh in or last media skit where gal went off again? I bet that he bailed after learning of how much Gal got compared to him. Just said at that point “f$&@ it I’ll beat him up but I’m done with the circus crap”
All part of the theatre, always has been, some are more effective than others with the talk, others are OTT, but i think it does add to the spectacle if done right, gets headlines and that's what they're after. I wonder how many more bought into it as a result of getting spicy. Love it myself even if I realise it is BS.

Then again, I also long for the days the Footy team was coached to hate your opponents, shake their hands after the game, show some humility and sportsmanship, but none of this get together and have a laugh sh1t we see these days after your teams has lost.

All part of the theatre, always has been, some are more effective than others with the talk, others are OTT, but i think it does add to the spectacle if done right, gets headlines and that's what they're after. I wonder how many more bought into it as a result of getting spicy. Love it myself even if I realise it is BS.

Then again, I also long for the days the Footy team was coached to hate your opponents, shake their hands after the game, show some humility and sportsmanship, but none of this get together and have a laugh sh1t we see these days after your teams has lost.

The Rugby League world is a lot smaller these days ManEagle ... Many of them played in the same elite school squads, then junior rep squads, played at 3 different clubs, go to the same church, have family relations and attend the same detox facilities in ThaiLand ... Many have Bro's or Cuzz's in many teams ... for some RL is a pretty small social circle ...

But I take your point ... a laugh and cuddle is not a good look ..

Boy, he hit Gallen about 200 times with his best shots for 10 rounds .... and eventually wore him down ...

If Huni is thinking of taking on Fury, Wilder or Joshua ... I think he might need to hit a bit harder ...

Boy, he hit Gallen about 200 times with his best shots for 10 rounds .... and eventually wore him down ...

If Huni is thinking of taking on Fury, Wilder or Joshua ... I think he might need to hit a bit harder ...

Bear in mind Huni has to fight under amateur rules at the Olympics and has been training as such. His father has said they’re not working on the knockouts until after the Olympics - you’ll see a change of style for sure when he transitions to the pros full-time, it’s the same with every boxer.

The flip side to that is how many BIG shots did gal land?
When gal was rattled in rnd 3? Did you notice Huni back off? It was like he was happy to get the rounds in to me.

Best part was that fraud Paul Kent whos supposed to be a boxing expert as well actually giving Gal a chance at victory.

What was his direct quote on NRL 360....

'If these guys fight 10 timea huni would win probably 7 and Gal 3'

What a wanker.

The Rugby League world is a lot smaller these days ManEagle ... Many of them played in the same elite school squads, then junior rep squads, played at 3 different clubs, go to the same church, have family relations and attend the same detox facilities in ThaiLand ... Many have Bro's or Cuzz's in many teams ... for some RL is a pretty small social circle ...

But I take your point ... a laugh and cuddle is not a good look ..
Yes good point, very true, dont forget passing each other in the court house sharing lawyers, and oh yes standard buns
but still sh1ts me to tears @:D

Best part was that fraud Paul Kent whos supposed to be a boxing expert as well actually giving Gal a chance at victory.

What was his direct quote on NRL 360....

'If these guys fight 10 timea huni would win probably 7 and Gal 3'

What a wanker.
Yeh that made me sick
We have Kenty here, our boxing expert - how will this pan out....the dumbass talks it up like a 50/50 fight....
Never been a Gallen fan, but rate him gutsy....but also deluded, he has only had fights with busted bums or blokes well past used by dates, as example Hunt in prime, would have knocked him out in round 1.
Gallen was surprised by Huni's punch power, truth is there are far heavier gloves in heavyweight than Huni, but this was the first legitimate boxer Gallen has faced

I'll give Paul Gallen his due. Huni outclassed him last night and gave him a boxing lesson ... but a lesser man would have gone down many rounds earlier than the 10th. That was a gutsy effort to stay in it as long as he did.

I'm still no fan of Gallen at all, but I have some new found respect for his toughness.

As for Huni..... well, a more powerful puncher would have put Gallen away a fair bit earlier. Last night was a great lesson in point boxing, but to win bigger fights against arguably better fighters than Gallen, he'll definitely need a lot more punching power. As @Jerry1 said above, I don't think Huni will cause Tyson Fury any sleepless nights. A Huni win there would be a bigger upset than relative unknown Buster Douglas knocking out the seemingly unbeatable Mike Tyson in Tokyo back in 1990.

Last edited:

He's got time @Woodsie... and he may never have to fight any of them...

Fury - 32yo
Wilder - 35yo
Joshua - 31yo
Huni - 22yo

Lennox Lewis retired at 39, Wladimir Klitschko lost the title at 42...

Whilst he may not be a match for the top crop right now, Huni will be coming into his prime at the same time that those guys are going, or gone, over the crest of their wave...

He can get bigger, he can get stronger but, as our mate @BOZO likes to point out, you can't teach speed... and young Justis has some fast, silky skills...

I'll give Paul Gallen his due. Huni outclassed him last night and gave him a boxing lesson ... but a lesser man would have gone down many rounds earlier than the 10th. That was a gutsy effort to stay in it as long as he did.

I'm still no fan of Gallen at all, but I have some new found respect for his toughness.

As for Huni..... well, a more powerful puncher would have put Gallen away a fair bit earlier. Last night was a great lesson in point boxing, but to win bigger fights against arguably better fighters than Gallen, he'll definitely need a lot more punching power. As @Jerry1 said above, I don't think Huni will cause Tyson Fury any sleepless nights. A Huni win there would be a bigger upset than relative unknown Buster Douglas knocking out the seemingly unbeatable Mike Tyson in Tokyo back in 1990.
Very few 22yo world heavyweight champions in history - that is partly what made Iron Mike and Muhammad Ali so unique...

Boxing is such a hang out for grubs. Makes a complete mockery of trying to protect rugby league players from head injuries. Wouldn’t watch a fight if it was the last sport on earth. All hero’s and wannabes.

Any serious heavyweight contender would have put Gallen away in the first. I cant see Huni causing Tyson Fury any sleepless nights...
Ummm how long has Fury been fighting compared to Huni??? How old is fury compared to Huni…..give the kid a break. By the time he’s had as many fights as Fury he’ll be well known around the world unlike Gallen who only fights out of date bums or old farts. Now he’s (Gallen) complaining that the fight shouldn’t have been stopped. Why so he could have shown what a great fighter he is lololol…..wish the fight wasn’t stopped so we could watch Gallen get beat up more! Big mouth before the fight & now a whingeing loser!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6