Huni V Gallon ..who will win poll ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The result will be ..

• Huni bt KO

Votes: 25 33.8%
  • Huni by points

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Gallon by KO

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Gallon by points

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Don't give a rat's

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • The winner will be Boxing .

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Finally all those Gallon haters like me are getting what we wanted ... Gallon to fight a bloke that can hold his hands up ... the Australian Heavyweight Champ no less .... BUT .... I am not as experienced in the sweet science as some of the Silvertails rabble ... so I would like to hear your opinions or predictions ...

For what it's worth, my opinion is that Huni may not yet be the "man" he and his Dad thinks he is ... at 22 he is still growing into himself, and I have my doubts about his power ... that said, he is still a dangerous fighter and possesses what no-one else that has fought Gallon has ... a great left rip to the body, and the skill and composure to use it, in none of Gallons fights has his body been tested for any length of time ...

Gallon on the other hand has progressed from a footballer on the make ... to a dedicated and hard trained boxer ... he has earnt his current position and improved with every fight ..... he is a mongrel ... and if Huni can't keep him off ... he will take one to land 2 ... should be an ugly dirty adventure that will test the young bloke ....

I am not prepared to put money on Gallon ... but I am damn sure I won't bet against him .....

Last edited:
Huni on points.

Gallen is clever in who he selects as his opponents & has chosen a young, seemingly featherfisted heavyweight opponent knowing the risk of being knocked out is low.

The fact that Gallen has tried to needle what seems like a decent young man on multiple occasions in the lead up to this fight indicates he knows he doesn't stand a chance out pointing Huni & is trying to rattle him in the hope he'll abandon his form & start swinging, giving Gallen a puncher's chance.

I see Huni keeping his cool & winning on points in a messy & grubby (on Gallen's part) fight.

PS not that I've paid a lot of attention to the build ups to Gallen's other fights but he seemed to be quite obnoxious in the build up to this one.

I never had a problem with Gallen as a player & kudos to him for trying his hand at boxing & showing himself to be capable at a certain level, but if he's trying to take a leaf out of Mundine's book in how to self promote I have even less interest in his boxing career than I did before.

I am predicting Justis wins via a TKO stoppage in R7-R8...

Gal was pretty stuffed at the end of 6 against Hunt who did not land many (couple of hard ones tho) so I just think Huni chops away and eventually breaks Gal down...

I am predicting Justis wins via a TKO stoppage in R7-R8...

Gal was pretty stuffed at the end of 6 against Hunt who did not land many (couple of hard ones tho) so I just think Huni chops away and eventually breaks Gal down...

Yeah, I think you are on the money re his tactics ... that left rip and body work I mentioned will come into play ....

Gallen has indicated what he is going to try and do, anything goes, get in close tie him up frustrate him and throw uppercuts and body shots try to get under the skin of Huni then try and open up He will fight ugly pushing, leading as much as can.

I agree with woodsie on Huni he has the silky skills but not yet grown into the power he will be, if he stays on his path points or late round stoppage.
If Gallon is successful in frustrating the young fella, getting under his skin won't be surprised if Gallen pulls a surprise but will need to be early mid rounds. Anything after r6 or 7 will be all Huni.

Huni has fought boxers, he is fighting a different beast in Gallen. I am not a fan of Gallen but admire his tenacity.

Leaning to Hunni who could very well come out of the blocks to make a statement but feel he wants the points prep for the olympics.

Now watch the total opposite happen as I know nothing about it @:D

Gallen has indicated what he is going to try and do, anything goes, get in close tie him up frustrate him and throw uppercuts and body shots try to get under the skin of Huni then try and open up He will fight ugly pushing, leading as much as can.

I agree with woodsie on Huni he has the silky skills but not yet grown into the power he will be, if he stays on his path points or late round stoppage.
If Gallon is successful in frustrating the young fella, getting under his skin won't be surprised if Gallen pulls a surprise but will need to be early mid rounds. Anything after r6 or 7 will be all Huni.

Huni has fought boxers, he is fighting a different beast in Gallen. I am not a fan of Gallen but admire his tenacity.

Leaning to Hunni who could very well come out of the blocks to make a statement but feel he wants the points prep for the olympics.

Now watch the total opposite happen as I know nothing about it @:D
Huni has a real knack of NOT letting opponents get in close.

1623810336894.png

The fight will only go one way..

1-Gallen needs to hit Huni with a couple of real solid punches to the soft spots on the jaw or temple to have any chance of winning. If Gal wins it will only be via a "surprise" KO or TKO

2- Huni is a FAR superior boxer and will completely out box Gallen from the outside, so this may well negate item 1 above in my opinion, Huni is way too fast for Gallen and the only reason Gal will be left standing is that he is actually a real hard nut and wont want to go down ( pride alone will keep Gal standing) and Gal has shown he can take a punch.

3- Huni could stop Gal on a TKO by shear weight of punishment ( scoring shots) he is likely to dish out, but this would be towards the later rounds.

Im a real boxing ( Martial arts) fan and combatant, my bro is a pro boxing trainer and we grew up in the fight sports world,
I actually think this will be a decent fight as Gal is all heart and has really trained hard as a boxer to get to where he is today, I don't like the guy, I think hes a grub but I respect anyone that gets into a ring, octagon, cage or mat.

my prediction Huni unanimous decision by points or Huni TKO 8th round

Don't know who'll win the poll, but I reckon Gallen might win the fight. Huni doesn't look to have enough mongrel in him. Might have a touch of the Primo Carnera about him.

Huni has a real knack of NOT letting opponents get in close.
Definitely agree with you Huni has the boxing skills to stop that close in.
I don't think he has fought a non boxer though like Gallen, if Gallen gets grubby and puts Huni off his game getting in close might be more successful for Gallen than other true boxers in the game.

Skill-wise this bout is a complete mismatch. In an amateur bout, Huni blows him out of the ring without raising a sweat. It's a no-contest on that front.

Toughness and mental resolve are Gallen's greatest attributes. He's one of the hardest blokes in Australia. I don't think he will try and survive a Huni onslaught for the first six rounds, then go for a knockout late. He'll come hard and try to rattle Huni from the get-go, employing rough tactics in an effort to intimidate the kid. Has the potential for a real brain fart moment this one.

Should be a good watch either way.

Huni should coast on points..
From the admittedly very little I've seen of huni, his power wouldn't knock the skin off a custard, but he's got good combinations and movement.. he should do it in cruise control..
I hope he doesn't do all that hands down taunting crap he did in his last fight tho... When your landing hooks and uppercuts at will and ur opponent walks straight thru every shot there's not alot to be bragging about imo

Not a Gallen fan, but has earned my respect as a gutsy competitor and 1 thing I know....he won't hold up the white towel and will give his all which is commendable.
Still feel Huni will simply have to much reach and the ability to keep Gallen at a distance.
A good mate who knows far more than me and has trained world champion contenders reckons Huni should win, but is unconvinced with his punching power and chin.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8