Huni V Gallon ..who will win poll ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The result will be ..

• Huni bt KO

Votes: 25 33.8%
  • Huni by points

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Gallon by KO

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Gallon by points

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Don't give a rat's

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • The winner will be Boxing .

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
The old warhorse Gallen - you could see the body shots had him hunching over by round 2 .... in truth the fight was no big suprise....Gallen had a concrete head, but is a tough old footy player fighting a young athletic bloke, who has height and reach advantage also....but thing is
Good payday for Gallen....earned almost double his yearly Sharks contract in 29 minutes !!

Gallen gracious in defeat​

Paul Gallen is on the mic now and admits he knew by halfway through the fight that he wasn’t going to win - and revealed that Huni broke his ribs in round two!
“He knocked me down fair and square, I thought maybe the referee stopped it early but I was never going to win the fight,” he said.
“I think he broke my rib in about the second round and I couldn’t get off, every time I moved it was clicking. He’s just too fast and he probably punched a little bit harder than I thought he was going to punch. It hurt.”
Gallen then dropped the facade, after all the pre-fight shenanigans.
Paul Gallen reflects on his defeat.

Paul Gallen reflects on his defeat.
“I wish him the best,” he said. “All the chat before, it was chat.
“I know I’m here for the cash but to fight for the Australian title is pretty cool, you know. I wish Justis the best at the Olympics and I hope he can win a gold medal for Australia - maybe we can do it again in a couple of months.”
There is a rematch clause in this contract - surely he’s not keen?
“I’m not against it,” he said.
“I was the fittest I’ve ever been ... that was a good challenge. That’s where I want to be as an athlete, pushing myself as hard as I can aginst a champion. I did that tonight and we’ll weigh it up in the future what’s going to happen.”
Gallen finished with some free advice for Huni. “You’re a terrific fighter but you’ve got to start selling fights brother,” he said. “If you’re going to make some cash and make a living out of this you’ve got to start selling fights, I’m happy to teach you if you want to learn - maybe after the next fight though.”

As it happened: Justis Huni claims final-round stoppage win over gritty, gutsy Gallen

real boxers must turn in their graves at the payday guys like Gallen get in these circus acts. Yes he's tough, yes he's courageous but in the end a Boxer who wants to win will always win.

Huni was playing with him for most of the fight. good prep for Tokyo.

It will be interesting to see justice change from a points fighter ( Olympic style) to a pro fighter and if he can compete on the world stage

Watched the highlights and Justis never got out if second gear. Even at the end Justis hardly looked tired. It’s laughable that Gal pockets a mill for that.
Gal never got any KO punches in, which was his only chance. Probably the early round body shots took their toll on him.
Going the distance was never going to win for him on points.

Watched the highlights and Justis never got out if second gear. Even at the end Justis hardly looked tired. It’s laughable that Gal pockets a mill for that.
It was Gal that made the money... Justis is an outstanding boxing prospect but even as Australian Heavyweight Champion that was his biggest payday (by about 250K) and it would have taken him another 2 years to get a fight that made him that sort of coin...

...smart move by both parties... just was never gonna be much of a fight...

What a farce . Huni could have taken gal out in the first few .. no doubt wanting to draw it out to get the ring time in before the Olympics...
Funny how everyone seems to care about concussions these days yet doesn't bat an eyelid when an Oldman who has absolutely no right to be in the ring with a 22yr old heavyweight Olympic medal chance gets absolutely battered in a terribly one sided hiding, worse yet, will likely pay to see it a second time...

do people (and the media I suppose) really buy into all the pre-fight comments?

I mean Gal shot his mouth off 24/7 and after the fight "yeah, it's all just b/s to hype it up."

I guess next fight the same things will be said and regurgitated down our throats by mama bird media.

Does it work? I mean ...ugh. I dunno how to put it so ugh will do. Have a brain 'morans'

Seriously not an unexpected result, in my opinion. Gallen is gallant, I'll give him that. But age and experience told. I was surprised it lasted so long. A good amateur against a good professional I'm afraid. Interesting diversion, now back to what's really important. The footie. :banghead: :party:

Seriously not an unexpected result, in my opinion. Gallen is gallant, I'll give him that. But age and experience told. I was surprised it lasted so long. A good amateur against a good professional I'm afraid. Interesting diversion, now back to what's really important. The footie. :banghead: :party:
Huni wanting more ring time before the Olympics is the only reason it lasted .
Bet my last dollar, after the Olympics if Gallen activates the rematch clause, huni will have him out in 2..

do people (and the media I suppose) really buy into all the pre-fight comments?

I mean Gal shot his mouth off 24/7 and after the fight "yeah, it's all just b/s to hype it up."

I guess next fight the same things will be said and regurgitated down our throats by mama bird media.

Does it work? I mean ...ugh. I dunno how to put it so ugh will do. Have a brain 'morans'
Yep complete circus and it was clear from the outset with Gals ott comments. Did Huni miss the weigh in or last media skit where gal went off again? I bet that he bailed after learning of how much Gal got compared to him. Just said at that point “f$&@ it I’ll beat him up but I’m done with the circus crap”

Yep complete circus and it was clear from the outset with Gals ott comments. Did Huni miss the weigh in or last media skit where gal went off again? I bet that he bailed after learning of how much Gal got compared to him. Just said at that point “f$&@ it I’ll beat him up but I’m done with the circus crap”
I think Gal had a whinge at the weigh-in press conference that Huni didnt turn up to promote the fight on NRL360.

He'd appeared on the Matty Johns show the night before & apparently wasn't aware he was supposed to back up for NRL360 the following night.

I liked Huni's father's reply to Gal's whinge though - something along the lines of "you want 85% of the purse you can do 85% of the promoting"

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8