Huni V Gallon ..who will win poll ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The result will be ..

• Huni bt KO

Votes: 25 33.8%
  • Huni by points

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Gallon by KO

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Gallon by points

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Don't give a rat's

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • The winner will be Boxing .

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Ouch. I’m training for my first boxing match at the moment actually. The whole fight night is a fundraiser for a suicide prevention charity. No heroes or wannabes anywhere near it; the organisers, coaches, fighters are all fantastic people - plenty who do a hell of a lot for their communities in their day jobs too.

Boxing isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, sure. Nobody’s making you participate or even watch if you don’t want to. And there are grubs in the sport just like there are in every sport. It’s also one of the tougher challenges you can take on, sporting wise, and to make derogatory claims about everyone involved is pretty bloody harsh, not to mention just plain wrong.
Not a boxing fan...
But best of luck t you

Ouch. I’m training for my first boxing match at the moment actually. The whole fight night is a fundraiser for a suicide prevention charity. No heroes or wannabes anywhere near it; the organisers, coaches, fighters are all fantastic people - plenty who do a hell of a lot for their communities in their day jobs too.

Boxing isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, sure. Nobody’s making you participate or even watch if you don’t want to. And there are grubs in the sport just like there are in every sport. It’s also one of the tougher challenges you can take on, sporting wise, and to make derogatory claims about everyone involved is pretty bloody harsh, not to mention just plain wrong.
I hope you have some serious knockout power or you will be lambasted on here by some world champion armchair experts.
:) :) :)

I hope you have some serious knockout power or you will be lambasted on here by some world champion armchair experts.
:) :) :)

I’m all confused now, on the one hand I’ve got my coaches telling me to score points and not go too hard in case I get disqualified, but everyone here is telling me nobody tries to win on points and I should be trying to knock my opponent out…

I’m all confused now, on the one hand I’ve got my coaches telling me to score points and not go too hard in case I get disqualified, but everyone here is telling me nobody tries to win on points and I should be trying to knock my opponent out…

I'll give you points for a knock out!

(I know we're just 1's and 0's on the internet....but I'd be more interested in seeing your match than the gallen huni tippy tap a thon)

Just don't end up in an ambulance :giggle:

Thanks @BOZO

The organisation we’re raising funds for is talk2mebro - the #talk2mebro movement – #talk2mebro

Given the prevalence of young males, in particular, taking permanent ‘solutions’ to what should be temporary problems (which I sadly see too much of through my work), I think theirs is a pretty worthwhile cause. We’re selling t-shirts in the lead up, and there will be an intermission on fight night where the guys from talk2mebro will have a chat to the crowd about what they do and what they’re trying to achieve. My coach reckons there will be around 600-700 spectators so hopefully we will raise a really good chunk of $$$ for them.

There looks like being a really good mix of experienced fighters and newbies, guys and girls, so it should be a fantastic night out as well.
@yokahontas Your amazing humanity act has inspired me also to make a difference to peoples lives as I have just made a donation thanks to you .

You are an Inspiration and I hope you can inspire our other feathered friends to make a difference to peoples lives as well

the #talk2mebro movement – #talk2mebro

Or he knows his limitations as a heavyweight & wanted to cash in now?

Can't see a heavyweight with fragile hands having much longevity in a pro career.
Was thinking along the same lines, might have gave up the Olympic dream for the $$ and potential cash cow of a rematch.

Or he knows his limitations as a heavyweight & wanted to cash in now?

Can't see a heavyweight with fragile hands having much longevity in a pro career.
Damaged his hand over a month ago during sparring by hitting his sparring partners elbow. Had the injury pre Tsoye fight already. Still managed to beat him & Gallen. Could be the reason Huni couldn’t land a knockout blow against Tsoye & Gallen, although Gallen did look like he was about to drop at anytime during their fight!

Sonny Bill Williams will make a surprise return to the boxing ring this weekend in what could be the first step towards some blockbuster bouts.

The dual international has a 7-0 record in the ring but has not fought since 2015. According to reports he will feature on the Fight for the Future card at the Townsville Convention Centre on Saturday night.

hiya @yokahontas

did covid knock out your boxing night...

or have you won already?

:)

Haha…it’s not until July 23rd, so still going ahead at this stage. Training with masks on was fun enough last week, this week we’re training at home and by video call when we can. At least my opponent is in the same boat I guess - some of my clubmates are fighting people from
way out in the country who aren’t in lockdown.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6