Hodkinson returns to Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Could do that.....No one knows if he still can, I'm not willing to spend money on someone to come here break down and retire, the name Myles mean anything to you..??

Myles and Kennedy were both experienced guys at the end of their careers with injury clouds over their heads, BK's worse.

Just shows it can go either way

B K still had the fire in his belly and a strong leadership and competitive outlook and good performances for Manly , Myles contribution apart from a couple of worthwhile efforts,, just totally sad and even pathetic and still a liability for the club .

there is NO ONE else, All you have is a discarded has been (hodkinson), or to play a player out of position, We can not afford to buy a good young 5/8 , So hastings is the man, Barrett and the whinges have to suck it up, they should be worrying about there own form instead bitching about his attitude

While I do agree that Hastings SHOULD be our 5/8, the sad reality is that its not going to happen. At least, it won't happen while Barrett is coach and he's not about to be sacked unless we keep losing.

Possibly Hodkinson if the Sharks do let him go, or Carney are about the only other options available outside of the club. Walker isn't a 5/8, neither is Api and the club doesn't really want Tom Wright playing anywhere but in the centres.

The reality is that maybe we should have sweetened the offer to Blake Green and made it worthwhile him staying.

here we go again , wanting to sign , broken down or over the hill players, or rejects we got rid of , but now all of a sudden they are one of the best in the game, come on people, I know we are desperate but please , think about it..

Indeed. Enough with the bottom feeding type signings. This is beginning to feel like the late 90's and Northern Eagles type days. Any old broken down bloke who 'used to be good' will do.

By letting Blake Green go almost without a fight, and without a ready made replacement already signed, sealed and delivered, we put ourselves behind the 8-ball before the season even started.

I recall a few of us in here saying that if we didn't have someone already signed before letting Green go that it would be a disaster. Well.......

Boom.

By letting Blake Green go almost without a fight, and without a ready made replacement already signed, sealed and delivered, we put ourselves behind the 8-ball before the season even started.

I recall a few of us in here saying that if we didn't have someone already signed before letting Green go that it would be a disaster. Well.......

Boom.
I will judge the value and merit of this comment if he makes it to the third year of his contract healthy. We obviously didn't think he could. Hes slow now, imagine at 34. Paying a 34 year old 500-600k a year is dangerous. We all complain about the club overpaying contracts and getting stuck with ageing players. They've made a sensible decision and people on here hammer them. Damned if you do damned if you don't.

I will judge the value and merit of this comment if he makes it to the third year of his contract healthy. We obviously didn't think he could. Hes slow now, imagine at 34. Paying a 34 year old 500-600k a year is dangerous. We all complain about the club overpaying contracts and getting stuck with ageing players. They've made a sensible decision and people on here hammer them. Damned if you do damned if you don't.

I do agree because it could easily turn into another Eels signing a busted Choc for 4 years....or us signing Nate Myles. But as things currently stand as of today, 4 May 2018, letting Green go without much of a fight is looking dumber and dumber.

You are right though. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Hindsight is always a perfect thing isn't it.

[QUOTE="HoldenV8, post: 1023268, member: 6421" But as things currently stand as of today, 4 May 2018, letting Green go without much of a fight is looking dumber and dumber.

.[/QUOTE]

In hindsight, not really mate.

We are under the cap because we let green go. according to Greenturd. That was when we were paying him 300k? If we paid him the 600 needed to keep him we would be royally fu**ed right now.

Just sayin'.

Again, damned if you do and damned if you don't. Playing and results wise the team probably would have been better off if we still had Blake Green. But as you say, it would have put us over this years cap.

Green is bang average - granted we couldn't/didn't replace him and it's hurt us short term but that was more his doing than ours he wanted to leave come hell or highwater.

The Warriors will find this out soon enough. And they have him for a few more years and he already runs with concrete boots and is a total liability in defence. I'm filthy on this year and what's happened and am not denying the massive problems we have..... but the Green part doesn't faze me.

Green is bang average - granted we couldn't/didn't replace him and it's hurt us short term but that was more his doing than ours he wanted to leave come hell or highwater.

The Warriors will find this out soon enough. And they have him for a few more years and he already runs with concrete boots and is a total liability in defence. I'm filthy on this year and what's happened and am not denying the massive problems we have..... but the Green part doesn't faze me.
Keeping a player back when they have a deal to set their future up long term is asking for a disaster to happen. Granted, our results haven't been great but I could see Green being an issue in addition to the supposed Hastings issue if we forced him to stay.

After seeing Dufty burn Peg legs Hodgko a few weeks ago - a scary proposition to already staggered defensive line....but with options few and far between, its almost a realistic choice in the short term.
Still feel in a season that is now needing spark....could well have it in our own backyard in Tom Wright ?
Yes he lacks involvement and is not the best organiser everyone is asking for...but he does have X factor and is worth a go with not much to lose and plenty to gain.
Also Jade Anderson, is he eligible??
With Suli, Wright and Anderson would have a batch of speedy excitement machines, who may add extra lift to a side looking flat, again maybe a risk, but most things worth it are just that.
I know 1 thing, will be a better spectacle having some quality young talent that can light up the field and on the other hand, at a time where turmoil and media pressure is unrelenting, if 1 of these 3 youngsters were snapped up by another club and starred almost straight up, that's the icing on the "smacked ass cake"

Just heard Flanno shut this down on Triple M. Said hes not going anywhere. He said that he's not in the business of helping Manly.

He did say that if Hodkinson came to him with a multi year contract he would look at it though so didn't rule it out all together...just hasn't been put in front of him yet.

I don't think it's a coincidence that every player we were linked to last season was in talks with the Sharks shortly afterward.

Joke's on them though, their continual attempts to screw our recruitment saw them swap Maloney for Moylan.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8