Hodkinson returns to Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mate, with all due respect, if Melbourne and Myles approached Manly for the release, there is no way on Gods green Earth we would allow the contract to have him fall back under our cap in 2018.

What possible reason would Manly have to do that if they were in the position of power in that transaction?

I think the answer to that statement and question can be found in your earlier post "Mate, do you think other clubs would be as stupid as us and make a deal like that?"

Anyway mate, I think the old Plodder is creating far more action on the ST forum than he did on the field. Until the day that transparency arrives at the club, we are all left scratching our groins and guessing.

Well that didn’t last long

Attachments

• F2CEFBA0-86A3-438B-AB20-4154711F577E.png
    F2CEFBA0-86A3-438B-AB20-4154711F577E.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 90
On the plus side, knees aside, he is decent quality that comes relatively cheap. And given our salary cap situation, decent quality and cheap is good.

@Turbo1 is right, he may not have much of a running game any more (neither did Blake Green), but Trent is experienced and an organiser that we desperately need to lead the team and free up DCE to play his natural style.

Its painfully obvious by now that unless we only have 17 fit players, Jackson Hastings is not going to be our 5/8 and that Dylan Walker is only there as a stop gap. Hodkinson could turn out to be an astute buy for the club. Sure he is an injury risk, but no more really than anyone else we have.

I would be quite happy to see Trent Hodkinson back in the maroon and white right now.

@malroon no one is saying that Hodkinson is one of the best in the game, just like we weren't saying that Hastings would be some sort of messiah.

But the fact is that while Hastings is less than zero chance of playing first grade again for us, let alone at 5/8, Hodkinson is probably the best (and cheapest) current NRL talent that may be available unless the club is prepared to jump through hoops with Greenturd and the NRL to get Todd Carney.

In the short term at least someone like Trent Hodkinson is the type of player who we actually need to help get this team back on track. Make no bones about it, this team even with its current injuries has talent. DCE, the Turbo's, Walker, Kapow, Api etc are all representative level talent. We just lack in certain area's, not the least being a decent quality half who is capable of leading the team around the park. DCE tries his guts out game after game, but he can't organise the team in attack. He and we need someone capable of doing that for him. Trent Hodkinson can do that.

@malroon no one is saying that Hodkinson is one of the best in the game, just like we weren't saying that Hastings would be some sort of messiah.

But the fact is that while Hastings is less than zero chance of playing first grade again for us, let alone at 5/8, Hodkinson is probably the best (and cheapest) current NRL talent that may be available unless the club is prepared to jump through hoops with Greenturd and the NRL to get Todd Carney.

In the short term at least someone like Trent Hodkinson is the type of player who we actually need to help get this team back on track. Make no bones about it, this team even with its current injuries has talent. DCE, the Turbo's, Walker, Kapow, Api etc are all representative level talent. We just lack in certain area's, not the least being a decent quality half who is capable of leading the team around the park. DCE tries his guts out game after game, but he can't organise the team in attack. He and we need someone capable of doing that for him. Trent Hodkinson can do that.

Could do that.....No one knows if he still can, I'm not willing to spend money on someone to come here break down and retire, the name Myles mean anything to you..??

Who do you suggest then?

Manly are in desperate need of a half who can compliment DCE and lead the team around the park. Who do you suggest we try and get or use from within our current ranks?

Hastings, Sack Barrett...

I honestly believe the problem with hastings is he is a sore loser and abuses other players after a lose and that's what got him offside..

Ask some of the old players about craig Field..

Whilst we have DCE, Carney IS NOT the sort of 5/8 we need. He doesn't tackle, doesn't / wont take the ball to the line, and these days can barely run through a gap. Let him go to Tiggs, or anywhere else. Wont change his off-field spots anyway.
We need a brave, settled, body on the line, ruthless type with a kicking game. B Green's departure has been crap.
I could suggest a name or two, but would be shot down, as living in the past.

Whilst we have DCE, Carney IS NOT the sort of 5/8 we need. He doesn't tackle, doesn't / wont take the ball to the line, and these days can barely run through a gap. Let him go to Tiggs, or anywhere else. Wont change his off-field spots anyway.
We need a brave, settled, body on the line, ruthless type with a kicking game. B Green's departure has been crap.
I could suggest a name or two, but would be shot down, as living in the past.
Try us!? Who?

Who do you suggest then?

Manly are in desperate need of a half who can compliment DCE and lead the team around the park. Who do you suggest we try and get or use from within our current ranks?

Easier for some to just whinge about things than offer solutions mate.....

Hastings aint playing again for Manly.

Its all Barrett's fault apparently too. Don't worry about the fact Jake T has clearly made it known he doesn't want him there. Others also.

I know! Let's sack Jake also. We can't have Hastings languishing in NSW Cup!

Hastings, Sack Barrett...

I honestly believe the problem with hastings is he is a sore loser and abuses other players after a lose and that's what got him offside..

Ask some of the old players about craig Field..

Hastings isn't going to happen even if Barrett is sacked.

Any other bright ideas?

Its obvious that the club wants Hastings gone and if its not before 30 June it'll be when his contract finishes at the end of the season.

If Hastings was ever going to get the gig we wouldn't have chased Moylan, Lamb, Pearce, Hodkinson and allegedly Carney in the pre-season. And we wouldn't have played Croker or be playing Dylan Walker there again if it was going to happen.

So again I ask, who do you suggest?

Its obvious that the club wants Hastings gone and if its not before 30 June it'll be when his contract finishes at the end of the season.

If Hastings was ever going to get the gig we wouldn't have chased Moylan, Lamb, Pearce, Hodkinson and allegedly Carney in the pre-season. And we wouldn't have played Croker or be playing Dylan Walker there again if it was going to happen.

So again I ask, who do you suggest?
Spot on, Hastings was never the first option, and never really will be until all other options are gone (through injury). Club want him gone and for reasons made obvious. Not a player worth destroying a team's togetherness over

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8