Hodkinson returns to Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
$20 to post a facebook rumour on here now.

$25 for a twitter rumour

$1000 for a DT or nrl one

No one could afford ones from 'sporting life' or that other crap site.

Thank you for your co-operation. Funds to go to 'Buy ge a new Lamborghini fund'.

Hodko would steady the ship.

He's no immortal but what we need right now is a solid and reliable 5/8 / halfback that can help the younger guys put a head on their shoulders and offer an affordable contribution to a team in need. He is both those things.

We arent going to repair this mess overnight so lets take little steps and be smart about it. An old head like Hodko is a smart decision given the circumstance.

+ hes a top bloke.

a08b40c034b7f8b9e467e991252c7ae0.jpg

As long as we don't have to pay too much of his salary I could live with that. Sharpies are obviously having cap problems especially since they recently signed an ex-nrl salary cap person to 'manage' their cap. You wouldn't bother if you didn't have a bit of an issue. Can't imagine who rothtool hasn't reported on it though :wasntme:

I thought Shane Flanagan stated last week on radio this wasn't going to happen and Trent Barrett said during the week we had a go for Trent but it didn't work out. Or maybe there was a change in heart from the sharks late this week. It would be a massive boost for the rest of this year if true. Not sure about next year though.

I thought Shane Flanagan stated last week on radio this wasn't going to happen and Trent Barrett said during the week we had a go for Trent but it didn't work out. Or maybe there was a change in heart from the sharks late this week. It would be a massive boost for the rest of this year if true. Not sure about next year though.
I don't think he would be on that much coin that carrying him in reggies next year would be onerous ....

Now what are the chances of GreenTurd nipping into the office to register his contract before game time?

Yes Moley on Twitter said it’s happening as soon as Monday.

I imagine it’s one of those Myles type deals where we get him for free this year if we take him over for 19 at whatever the rate was at the Sharks!

Oh and that bastion of good sports reporting “ Sporting News” has us getting rid of DCE to ease up the cap situation.

Mind you some on here will be happy with that!

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...y/news-story/ab67643c51bb637c32a53a79a703ba22

Cronulla halfback Trent Hodkinson edging closer to return to Manly
MICHAEL CARAYANNIS, The Sunday Telegraph
an hour ago

TRENT Hodkinson’s long awaited return to Manly is now back on the table with the Sea Eagles offering the half an 18-month deal.

While Cronulla had yet to receive the paperwork, the parties have a handshake agreement that they will release Hodkinson should he receive a multi-year deal.

Hodkinson pulled out of the Newtown Jets clash on Saturday and could join the Sea Eagles as early as Monday in preparation for their next clash against Melbourne on Saturday

Manly would be Hodkinson’s third club this year after starting pre-season at Newcastle. He joined Cronulla in February and has played four top grade games as a back-up to Matt Moylan. The Sea Eagles were keen to lure him when he was released from Newcastle earlier this year only to be hamstrung by the NRL’s salary cap investigation.

An injury-ravaged Manly side have lost the off-contract Lachlan Croker for the season with Dylan Walker a hesitant five-eighth as the club still recovers from the off season departure of Blake Green.

Hodkinson, 29, made his top grade debut for Manly in 2010, playing 24 matches before joining the Bulldogs.

The move basically ensures Jackson Hastings will not play another top grade game for Manly.

Oh and that bastion of good sports reporting “ Sporting News” has us getting rid of DCE to ease up the cap situation.

Mind you some on here will be happy with that!
I can't see that happening.
I dunno any club that would make it worth our while to release him by buying out the bulk of his contract.
I rate DCE highly.
He needs someone like Green to direct the play and let him play his game.
He also has to do far too much defence.
And let's not forget he would've been on a way smaller contract if the club hadn't cocked it up.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8