Harper's been so bad he needs to go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Harper was way better then last week, Teddy got the better of him a couple of times.

The Roosters left attacking edge was below the standard of the Storm.

He puts in Harper, hopefully he can get back to his terrier best to face off against Gagai..

Harper silenced a few critics tonight. His game was not perfect and he was troubled by Tedesco at times its fair to say. Took his try well and set up Saab for a runaway try. His defense was OK, needs to step up next week as Souths will test us down that side.
Spot on. To be fair, not too many that Tedesco doesn't trouble, though. Hopefully got a little confidence back after last week.

One of the things I love about Harper is his presence of mind. How many times have we seen him sense an opportunity and look for his big mate outside him to find the space. Great hands and awareness to get the ball away at some difficult moments too.

IMO, you don't get Wabisabi without Lionel on his inside.

Im
A huge DCE fan but he does tend to get a little too far in front of his others at n the defence line.
We really need someone inside him directing him to stand a little flatter in defence. I think he is stick in the 2011-13 trams that had all the players that also pushed up as hard as he does every set.
Watch the grubs play, they have every player pushing that line every play. They do not second guess or distrust the man outside them.
DCE has always and still plays like he has those awesome players of 2011 outside him, and it’s cost him a lot as we all know how good that side was.

Spot on. To be fair, not too many that Tedesco doesn't trouble, though. Hopefully got a little confidence back after last week.

One of the things I love about Harper is his presence of mind. How many times have we seen him sense an opportunity and look for his big mate outside him to find the space. Great hands and awareness to get the ball away at some difficult moments too.

IMO, you don't get Wabisabi without Lionel on his inside.
And what the hell did Marty say to Saab when he was running down the sideline. It must of been great, cause I can’t remember a bloke looking over at the bench, while he’s in mid stride on his way to the try line. Cracked me up watching the replay.@:D

And what the hell did Marty say to Saab when he was running down the sideline. It must of been great, cause I can’t remember a bloke looking over at the bench, while he’s in mid stride on his way to the try line. Cracked me up watching the replay.@:D
For Jason to have the confidence to do what he did there, that was awesome.

And loved seeing Marty whipping him home. Looking at the replay, I hope he isn't called before the stewards for excessive use of the whip.

I know people love Walker off the bench, and in the middle, but I still think having him in the 3 or 4 would be better for 80. Then in the off season, I'd love a Curtis Scott (only 23) type of player to join him (that's IF we don't win the GF this season).
Curtis Scott and walker that would be interesting. Walker would probably poison his protein shakes
:p

Harper was solid and that's what he has been all year, still a few worrying defensive issues that need resolving but I'm sure they are working extremely hard on that.
Parker let in a try, he never usually gets that wrong, his reads are usually spot on but this time was caught turning in. We need our centres to be on point if we are any chance of progressing.

Last night's game from Harper was not perfect (& neither was parkers) but hopefully it will give him some confidence back & he can step it up again next week as he still got found out a few times by Tedesco & we were probably lucky they bombed a few chances down that side

I do mate, our centres (in my opinion) is our weak point quality and talent wise.
Backrow wise, in form, Haumole, Schu and Jake are best in the league (that's the disappointing thing).

I thought Parker got smashed literally every time he got the ball, he also got found out in defense. 1 missed tackle and 55 metres run isn't great either.
Our edge defence on both sides has not been great the past few games. Parker gets smashed because he always takes the tough runs out of our end into the meat of the opposition forwards. That said there was a point last night where I was thinking heck I want more out of my centres. Parker basically made one bad read and they scored, however they had an overlap even with the right read so something had fallen down inside him.

I thought Harper was better last night and was a step in the right direction after Melbourne. That right edge tho is all at sea defensively and imo it mostly lies with Guac and dce.

At the end of the day these two centres will be in the side next week and are sound defensively and probably don’t get the respect they deserve. I’m confident with some more defensive focus at training our edges will improve. We have enough weapons in attack but we need Parker and more so Harper to get back to where they had been form wise defensively.

Harper was solid and that's what he has been all year, still a few worrying defensive issues that need resolving but I'm sure they are working extremely hard on that.
Parker let in a try, he never usually gets that wrong, his reads are usually spot on but this time was caught turning in. We need our centres to be on point if we are any chance of progressing.
I actually thought Parker defended really well last night he snuffed out a few raids including nailing big Tui a few times and outplayed Jorris

The commentators on nein called Harper "Lionel Richie" last night. I'm sure I've heard them refer to Parker as "Hank Scorpio" in the past. With our charismatic centres, Saab's smile, everything about Tom, and wide open play, it's no wonder the Sea Eagles are everybody's second team these days.

The commentators on nein called Harper "Lionel Richie" last night. I'm sure I've heard them refer to Parker as "Hank Scorpio" in the past. With our charismatic centres, Saab's smile, everything about Tom, and wide open play, it's no wonder the Sea Eagles are everybody's second team these days.
I think Dan Inane lives in Allambie Heights ? ... I have been told maybe not but possibly a relo !?

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4