Harper's been so bad he needs to go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
For Jason to have the confidence to do what he did there, that was awesome.

And loved seeing Marty whipping him home. Looking at the replay, I hope he isn't called before the stewards for excessive use of the whip.
you can watch it all you like, go to 4:39

Worried about Parkers hand, they didn’t throw him the ball at all in the second half and it was heavily strapped. I think he may have broken it in that tackle on Teddy at the end of the first half. Seemed to get caught on Teddy’s jersey.

Hotspur2014

Reserve Grader
Nothing special about tonights performance to warrant any praise but i do admire any player that just keeps putting in which Harper always does.

Defensively didn't look all that great again tonight in patches and will probably get exposed again next week.
Agree that he and Parker did their roles tonite against a Roosters side that were running on empty - so well done guys 👍 and it may also work against the Rabbits , but I am still concerned that their total lack of pace in the centres will be exposed again if we play the Storm or Panthers in a Grand Final. We won last night and that’s all that matters 🦅🦅🦅!!!!

joeboy

Bencher
I’m glad Harper had a better game, but both our centres are so slow. Harper nearly got run down by teddy after he turned and chased.

He still isn’t playing nearly as well as the start of the year. And if he is not I next week we will loose, south’s left corridor is where the game will be won or lost, it is their most lethal in attack, but it’s incredibly fragile in defense. Cody and Gagai are not good defenders

I do mate, our centres (in my opinion) is our weak point quality and talent wise.
Backrow wise, in form, Haumole, Schu and Jake are best in the league (that's the disappointing thing).

I thought Parker got smashed literally every time he got the ball, he also got found out in defense. 1 missed tackle and 55 metres run isn't great either.
Centre in many respects has become the new wing position in terms of percentage of the cap a team is willing to outlay in that area. You can easily convert a mobile back rower into a centre as a fill in but you can't really convert a back rower into a winger in the modern fast paced game.

I wouldn't say our back row is the best in the league, i think all three of the above are not playing all that great at the moment to warrant such praise---there are moments when they really impress(even though i am not the biggest fan of Jake other than his long playing minutes performances) but they drop out of games and lack constant impact, all three have defensive issues from laterally being too slow to react and obviously with Jake taking an eternity to get off the tackled player---or slow around the ruck.

Both centres if they don't read the play early and make proactive defensive decisions struggle with speed getting on the outside of them, then they get into two minds, hold back and slide which risks being burned on the outside or half heartedly come in and make either the wrong choice or a half hearted choice and get exposed on the outside again.

Ryan

Journey Man
Post up the complaint for us to have a read Ryan, I enjoy anything thats sticks it up Voss
Ryan Winter
Wed 15/09/2021 3:36 PM

Good Afternoon,

I would like to write to complain about Andrew Voss commentary, particularly when involved in any Manly Sea Eagles fixture.
Andrew ticks a lot of boxes when it comes to his craft. He presents well, performs well under pressure, is versatile, informative,
humorous and available (accessible).

I understand Andrew needs to "say what he sees" and paint a picture for those watching or listening. The issue arises when
impartiality is required and a balanced commentary is necessary. This is where "Vossy" fails to see he bigger picture, death riding
particular teams and/ or demographics.

There is a growing groundswell of dissatisfaction from Foxtel viewers (particularly Northern Beaches demographics), around Andrew's
completely one eyed, inappropriate, unprofessional commentary when involving the maroon and white. Secondary to the anti-Manly
rhetoric, his incorrect calls relating to player(s) names, his openly cheering home Manly's opposition, his attitude towards my club
and our performances have now become unwatchable (not only to me, but many).

I would like to enquire about how many signatures on a petition it would take to remove Andrew Voss from Sea Eagles fixtures?
To date, we have close to a thousand (but have only just started the petition hours ago). Additionally, who could we address it to?
Viewers have options during the finals series to avoid Andrew, but during the season proper, not all games are shared between networks.

I don't know Andrew personally, he is probably a very professional, hard-working, dedicated media personality, but he does not commentate
fairly or without bias when it comes to The Sea Eagles. The way he patronised, and demeaned Mark Carroll "on air" in their joint
commentary was without a doubt, the most cringe worthy , disappointing, unprofessional event I have ever viewed. Disgusting, to say the least.

If you could respond regarding the petition, and numbers required to remove Andrew from air during Manly games, that would be fantastic.
If he would just commentate us in the same way he commentates say The South Sydney Rabbits (one would think he's a supporter of theirs),
then there wouldn't be this much dissatisfaction.

(Please note I have been asked by the greater group as a speaker to write this email).

Kind Regards,

Ryan Winter

BirdMan4ever

Reserve Grader
Ryan Winter

Good Afternoon,

I would like to write to complain about Andrew Voss commentary, particularly when involved in any Manly Sea Eagles fixture.
Andrew ticks a lot of boxes when it comes to his craft. He presents well, performs well under pressure, is versatile, informative,

I understand Andrew needs to "say what he sees" and paint a picture for those watching or listening. The issue arises when
impartiality is required and a balanced commentary is necessary. This is where "Vossy" fails to see he bigger picture, death riding

There is a growing groundswell of dissatisfaction from Foxtel viewers (particularly Northern Beaches demographics), around Andrew's
completely one eyed, inappropriate, unprofessional commentary when involving the maroon and white. Secondary to the anti-Manly
rhetoric, his incorrect calls relating to player(s) names, his openly cheering home Manly's opposition, his attitude towards my club

I would like to enquire about how many signatures on a petition it would take to remove Andrew Voss from Sea Eagles fixtures?
To date, we have close to a thousand (but have only just started the petition hours ago). Additionally, who could we address it to?
Viewers have options during the finals series to avoid Andrew, but during the season proper, not all games are shared between networks.

I don't know Andrew personally, he is probably a very professional, hard-working, dedicated media personality, but he does not commentate
fairly or without bias when it comes to The Sea Eagles. The way he patronised, and demeaned Mark Carroll "on air" in their joint
commentary was without a doubt, the most cringe worthy , disappointing, unprofessional event I have ever viewed. Disgusting, to say the least.

If you could respond regarding the petition, and numbers required to remove Andrew from air during Manly games, that would be fantastic.
If he would just commentate us in the same way he commentates say The South Sydney Rabbits (one would think he's a supporter of theirs),

(Please note I have been asked by the greater group as a speaker to write this email).

Kind Regards,

Ryan Winter
Well said and its about time

Sea Eagle 4 Life

Reserve Grader
Ryan Winter

Good Afternoon,

Kind Regards,

Ryan Winter
I'm an ardent Manly supporter & quite like Vossey. But to each their own.

Under the Sticks

The spirit of Mooney 🦅
Premium Member
Ryan Winter

Good Afternoon,

Kind Regards,

Ryan Winter
Thanks Ryan

I had to endure Gus and the Geriatric (how many times did Rabs get players names wrong e.g. John Schuster) just to avoid Vossy and his biased commentary. They then dribbled on about Karl Stefanovic and Rabs in the shower???? WTF?

As a consumer both options are pretty poor at the moment. NRL listen to the fans and give the NRL to someone else e.g. 7 or 10. Nein has become tired and complacent and I am guessing Fox has too.

At least we are winning.

Keep up the good fight.

winnyason

Bencher
What's everyone thoughts on if Des would consider using up and in umbrella v rabbits. Noticed Morgan does get beaten a bit on sliding.
Given the edge player from walker I think it's a good option to upset there attack

Snake

Snake's Alive!
What's everyone thoughts on if Des would consider using up and in umbrella v rabbits. Noticed Morgan does get beaten a bit on sliding.
Given the edge player from walker I think it's a good option to upset there attack
Actually think this is a worse approach against South’s. Forcing Codie Walker to pull the trigger is a recipe for disaster. He loves players coming at him hard, then he just goes bang. Sliding on South’s edges is the only hope but you gotta get the middle to push across hard so the edge players are not short of numbers and the scramble has to be excellent.

I haven’t seen anyone shut Walker down this year and think only Melbourne have the defence to stop him being effective. He is so dangerous and I can see him tearing our edge to shreds.

winnyason

Bencher
Actually think this is a worse approach against South’s. Forcing Codie Walker to pull the trigger is a recipe for disaster. He loves players coming at him hard, then he just goes bang. Sliding on South’s edges is the only hope but you gotta get the middle to push across hard so the edge players are not short of numbers and the scramble has to be excellent.

I haven’t seen anyone shut Walker down this year and think only Melbourne have the defence to stop him being effective. He is so dangerous and I can see him tearing our edge to shreds.
watching Morgan struggle on edge Teddy attacked had me not so confident with walker being contained at all.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
watching Morgan struggle on edge Teddy attacked had me not so confident with walker being contained at all.
Same. It’s a massive concern. Not sure why it’s a problem all the sudden though because he has been really solid all year and a great defensive centre. All of the sudden the last two weeks, he has looked all at sea.

winnyason

Bencher
Same. It’s a massive concern. Not sure why it’s a problem all the sudden though because he has been really solid all year and a great defensive centre. All of the sudden the last two weeks, he has looked all at sea.
Got to be confidence, Justin Olam has his measure and it's got to him a bit.

Stuey Davis’s Socks

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Ryan Winter

Good Afternoon,

Kind Regards,

Ryan Winter
Let us know if they deign to give you a response.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18