Harper's been so bad he needs to go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Wait, what?

Harper had a shocker??? LOL!

He scored a try, offloaded for Saab to score & no tries were scored down his side

Oh but wait...Dylan Walker should be in the centres.

Oh well, I guess if you fling enough sh*t at the 2 centres who have helped get us to this point in the season sooner or later it'll start to stick.

Underhanded tactics.

Walker did well coming off the bench.

Parker & Harper did well playing 80 minutes in the centres.

Some people need to learn to be happy with that instead of politicking for their favourite bad boy all the time.

Wait, what?

Harper had a shocker??? LOL!

He scored a try, offloaded for Saab to score & no tries were scored down his side

Oh but wait...Dylan Walker should be in the centres.

Oh well, I guess if you fling enough sh*t at the 2 centres who have helped get us to this point in the season sooner or later it'll start to stick.

Underhanded tactics.

Walker did well coming off the bench.

Parker & Harper did well playing 80 minutes in the centres.

Some people need to learn to be happy with that instead of politicking for their favourite bad boy all the time.
Personally I thought Parker had some really strong carries and, as usual, was excellent in defence ( I know he screwed up on the Roosters try but there were 3 guys outside him = it was not just him)...

Harper was strong and completed really well... however the Roosters centres did not have an Olam in there... next week against WALKER will be his chance to really prove himself- and I think he will...

Personally I thought Parker had some really strong carries and, as usual, was excellent in defence ( I know he screwed up on the Roosters try but there were 3 guys outside him = it was not just him)...

Harper was strong and completed really well... however the Roosters centres did not have an Olam in there... next week against WALKER will be his chance to really prove himself- and I think he will...
I thought Parker was getting the blame for the Roosters try?

I do mate, our centres (in my opinion) is our weak point quality and talent wise.
Backrow wise, in form, Haumole, Schu and Jake are best in the league (that's the disappointing thing).

I thought Parker got smashed literally every time he got the ball, he also got found out in defense. 1 missed tackle and 55 metres run isn't great either.
Parker made a bad read in defense. Seriously ... this is sport. This is what happens when you play the game, you occasionally make mistakes. Of course, playing at the elite level it is about minimizing your errors but you are always going to make mistakes.

Parker may not be the biggest and most explosive centre, but he is pretty tough to beat defensively. I am sure he will be the first to admit that he got it wrong big time tonight. He will also be the first to know how to correct what he did. He puts his body on the line week in and week out and runs some tough lines and, generally, has good hands in close contact.

P.S. There is a reason the team listens when Parker lays down the law in team huddles.

Parker made a bad read in defense. Seriously ... this is sport. This is what happens when you play the game, you occasionally make mistakes. Of course, playing at the elite level it is about minimizing your errors but you are always going to make mistakes.

Parker may not be the biggest and most explosive centre, but he is pretty tough to beat defensively. I am sure he will be the first to admit that he got it wrong big time tonight. He will also be the first to know how to correct what he did. He puts his body on the line week in and week out and runs some tough lines and, generally, has good hands in close contact.

P.S. There is a reason the team listens when Parker lays down the law in team huddles.

Reminds me of Martin Lang, just get thumped every time he runs the ball. It's scary, and makes me think his longetivity in the game won't be great. He's a good player. So was Paul Stephenson. We still upgraded to Jamie Lyon / Steven Bell and Steve Matai.

I thought Parker’s edge looked safer than Harper’s tonight even though the Chooks try was down Hank’s edge. I think Codie Walker is going to cause nightmares for Morgan next week. That edge looked vulnerable all night again. Just lucky we were playing the Roosters IMO.

Come on man, seriously???

Just the way I saw it mate, sorry. I personally think he has a few more gears in him (in defense and attack). TBH, I think he's playing injured. He looks a bit like a mummy (bandages I mean) atm.

There were also players that had absolute cracking games. Croker, Walker, Turbo, Jake, Haumole was better, Paseka, Saab, Garrick, Foz and DCE were great. No complaints.

I think he struggled in defence. I love Harper and he is one of my favs but the edge looked shaky again.
I think because Roosters kept going down that side because they too thought Harper is our weak link after last week but they didn't score down that side & eventually gave up trying to.

2 Points
1 - there is a salary cap and you need to fit 30 players in.
2 - We just won a semi final 42-6 and will be playing a preliminary final next week, which, if we win, will take us to the GF. You don't start tinkering at this time of the year if it ain't broken.

Couldn't agree more. Im critiquing Harper, but I wouldn't change either centre this season (or at all if that's what Des wants).

Harper responded well but he didn't have Olam to contend with. Tedesco ran around him for one of their only breaks of the night. On the whole Easts played one match too many and Souths will be a much tougher proposition. Still good to see us winning in September again as we should.

To be honest, not sure that Harper has looked safe all year. To me, he has always looked to be a bit frazzled but has got the job done against some big units i.e. Fifita, Kikau, etc. Olam is a handful and has made the best in the business look foolish at times. Hopefully, Lionel walked away from last week and learnt a thing or two. If not, it could be a long day if we make it to the big dance.

In saying that, hopefully the team walked away from last week and took away some lessons from the loss.

Tonight I was very impressed with Walker. He looks to have bulked up and he is running very direct.
He's lost some pace so forget about him returning to the backline, unless in emergencies. Another performance like tonight and I'd be comfortable if the club offered him a new contract, but only for a maximum two-year term.
That was a pearler of a dummy he sold to Teddy for his try. He has been impressing me each week.

I think because Roosters kept going down that side because they too thought Harper is our weak link after last week but they didn't score down that side & eventually gave up trying to.
Spot on, theirs always help for Harper coming from the inside anyway and this will be the case next Friday, especially if Walker targets his side.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8