Harper's been so bad he needs to go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I guess Des did not read this sky is falling thread and picked Harper anyway ;)

Last edited:
This game is do or die , and picking a totally out of form and low confidence Harper is surely a joke - he’s been poor for over a month now !
Over to you Des to make the late changes before kickoff time ie. Walker starts and Suli comes onto the bench.
Sorry but Harper out😥

Nothing special about tonights performance to warrant any praise but i do admire any player that just keeps putting in which Harper always does.

Defensively didn't look all that great again tonight in patches and will probably get exposed again next week.
Have to agree with you… the Souths left edge is the best in the comp too.

It will come down to how well we control field position again. Tonight we didn’t give the Roosters many chances at our line until they were too tired. The one chance they got in the first half they scored.

Honestly, I thought he had a shocker? Just opinion, but I felt he struggled with and without the ball.

He wasn't brilliant, solid I thought. But If you think that, you must have really thought that Parker must have been the worst player on the field. Gave a really bad read to let in Roosters only try. Dropped the ball as well.

He wasn't brilliant, solid I thought. But If you think that, you must have really thought that Parker must have been the worst player on the field. Gave a really bad read to let in Roosters only try. Dropped the ball as well.

I do mate, our centres (in my opinion) is our weak point quality and talent wise.
Backrow wise, in form, Haumole, Schu and Jake are best in the league (that's the disappointing thing).

I thought Parker got smashed literally every time he got the ball, he also got found out in defense. 1 missed tackle and 55 metres run isn't great either.

Honestly, I thought he had a shocker? Just opinion, but I felt he struggled with and without the ball.
He may not be the centre in the comp Ryan however, I very much doubt Suli would have thrown that pass to Saab for Saab to score.

He has his errors however, so too did the great Steve Matai in his early days. I’m not suggesting he will be another Stevie but he does give his all.

I do mate, our centres (in my opinion) is our weak point quality and talent wise.
Backrow wise, in form, Haumole, Schu and Jake are best in the league (that's the disappointing thing).

I thought Parker got smashed literally every time he got the ball, he also got found out in defense. 1 missed tackle and 55 metres run isn't great either.

I don't disagree, however they are the 2 best we have at the moment, so no use death riding them. They are both doing outstanding jobs given neither are the fastest centres going around.

We can be more critical next year where hopefully Koula will step up and take one of the centre positions.

I don't disagree, however they are the 2 best we have at the moment, so no use death riding them. They are both doing outstanding jobs given neither are the fastest centres going around.

We can be more critical next year where hopefully Koula will step up and take one of the centre positions.

I know people love Walker off the bench, and in the middle, but I still think having him in the 3 or 4 would be better for 80. Then in the off season, I'd love a Curtis Scott (only 23) type of player to join him (that's IF we don't win the GF this season).

I know people love Walker off the bench, and in the middle, but I still think having him in the 3 or 4 would be better for 80. Then in the off season, I'd love a Curtis Scott (only 23) type of player to join him (that's IF we don't win the GF this season).
Tonight I was very impressed with Walker. He looks to have bulked up and he is running very direct.
He's lost some pace so forget about him returning to the backline, unless in emergencies. Another performance like tonight and I'd be comfortable if the club offered him a new contract, but only for a maximum two-year term.

Signing Curtis Scott would be a Northern Eagles moment for me...

...yes they would technically still be my team but I would just not give a $hit...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4