Gutherson & Knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
To be honest Matai time is up. Would of had gutho in centre next year. Crazy that we have salary cap issues. Paid overs for matai, ballin upgrades and too much for mataeo and donkeys like burgees.
I don't necessarily agree. If we have a pack that can get on top and set a platform for dynamic, attacking halves, our backs still have what it takes. But our forward pack isn't a finished product. We need a genuine bopper in there (preferably one for the front row and one for the back). Without that yes, our backs will struggle and the old guys will be up against it.

Better not let knight go to the rorters. We need forwards. We have full back covered with Tom. Will need to buy another centre in 2016 or 2017, so be it, but we need that 5/8 and rep foward signed next year to really push for contenders again

Sounds like the dce deal is starting to bite already. I am very surprised we are letting gutherson go but maybe the club just can't have that many backs in the top 25.
Can't be right as both deals were registered with the NRL.
As Chez's deal was so unique, they even vetted our books apparently.

I don't necessarily agree. If we have a pack that can get on top and set a platform for dynamic, attacking halves, our backs still have what it takes. But our forward pack isn't a finished product. We need a genuine bopper in there (preferably one for the front row and one for the back). Without that yes, our backs will struggle and the old guys will be up against it.
Oh yeah, agree with that. Watching the cowboys last night you can see with tamou, scott, talmo etc why they are in the gf.

I just hope matai doesn't hobble through the season again and start becoming a liability.

With the emergence of Demetriou and Ramien and the addition of Brown the depth of quality against Williame and Blair is looking ok we didn't have Gutho all year so as long as the forwards make the yards the backline depth might be even better

Can't blame the players.

Our club is ****e

Turbos would be well served to bail out if they can.

Manly are just letting Knight go to the rorters so he can get a year or two of the drugs they currently pump into their forward pack....then they'll bring him back here.

According to one eyed eel because Ballin and Mateo have " dug their heels in" we couldn't keep everyone so gutho has decided to leave. Sounds strange to me.

According to one eyed eel because Ballin and Mateo have " dug their heels in" we couldn't keep everyone so gutho has decided to leave. Sounds strange to me.
I doubt that's the case. Mateo doesn't seem like one who is full of **** and he came out and said he got tapped but after he put in some solid efforts he was basically untapped and was psyched to be staying. Ballin has a registered deal. To me it seems like something came up and we had to clear space in a hurry. I'm hoping its for Jack Bird.

Remember, it was assumed there were no more signings to come so having to do this up out of nowhere and dump Gutho off to the Eels. Something smells fishy. Hopefully Sharky...

I doubt that's the case. Mateo doesn't seem like one who is full of **** and he came out and said he got tapped but after he put in some solid efforts he was basically untapped and was psyched to be staying. Ballin has a registered deal. To me it seems like something came up and we had to clear space in a hurry. I'm hoping its for Jack Bird.
If that turns out to be correct i will be a lot happier. Then we can also tap Isac John and Molzten ballin, burgess on the shoulder and free up more space for Tamou

What a dammed shame to see yet another junior leave the club. How can there be salary cap pressure? Foran is gone, I fear this decision is going to bite us big time.
Where does he play though if none of the backs get injured? And there is also Tom T waiting as well? 2 year contract, will come back after 2017 when skivvy and lyon and snake retire I guess.

Where does he play though if none of the backs get injured? And there is also Tom T waiting as well? 2 year contract, will come back after 2017 when skivvy and lyon and snake retire I guess.
Playing for Parramatta tends to terminate your career. Gutho is a loss for Manly, no question about it.

G'day all,Wasn't Jack Bird in the country team this year?Didn't Trent Barrett coach that team?Could this be the first big signing due to the Barrett factor?Then again we could end up with young Hoppa coming back as part of the old mates factor.Surely there is some strategy involved as you wouldn't let such a talented young player go unless you had something better in mind,would you?
cheers mike

As much as a fan of gutherson he is very injury prone and realistically he would not of started next year . Good luck to him for looking after his future if true. I'm shattered about it but we can't keep everyone especially when we are keeping older war horses on big doe. Just hope we don't turn into the west indies of the nrl.

Right now, we need a 5/8 and prop. We have backs signed until 2017. Gutho is only going for 2 years and he will be back, probably hoppa too, and Chee. Hopefully we have signed Bird and then will target Tamou

Once snake, ballin, matai, lyon etc retire, we will have a back line that looks like this

Tom T
Jorge/Ramein
Cutherson
Hiku
Hoppa Jr
Bird
DCE

to go along with Jake, Knight, Demetriou, Parcell and hopefully Tamou@:)

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6