Gutherson & Knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tom and Jake T also recently re-signed until the end of 2017.... does anyone know which club they'll be at next year?
I think their family involvement in RL in the local area, means that they are safe.@:cool:

We lost Riley Travis, Will Persall and now Gutho :mad:

Not too bad a scenario in the end. Although I was looking forward to seeing him play next year, the backline numbers game meant someone had to miss out in 16, and I guess Gutho was tapped by Bozo the great as that someone.

It puts the Hiku centre, Lyon 5/8th, Turbo wing now fairly in concrete.

I'm disappointed in losing Gutho, but it doesn't take a great mind to realise TT overtook him in the pecking order this year.

Chalk up another career lost though as Doesntmatta will set about destroying whatever ability he had.

Why did we bother resigning him if we are just going to turn around and release him ? Unless we have another signing to be announced and we are freeing up space. One can only hope.

Considering the Turbos are in the membership pic front and centre you'd assume Gutho was odd man out. You also assume since Zorba wrote a glowing piece on Knight that he's not going anywhere.

A big name forward makes the Gutho loss more palatable. Bird would be nice too.

If Bozo brings in Tamou and Bird what possie next year???

I find the comparisons between Liam Knight and JWH, all started by ZtH, absolutely laughable.
ZtH lives in the past so JWH = Knight at the same age.
They can both play 80 minutes and seemingly not lose their intensity @:cool:
Liam is not as aggro as JWH was with a wrong call though - more on par with Lussick there.

It would have been great to see Liam evolve at Manly :(

With the sqeels letting Robinson go and the Dali not rating hoppa a fullback .It appears they have told Gutho he will be starting fullback most likely got Foran to whisper in his ear to come over

Im pretty sure we are not interested in Hoppa. We dont need another back, especially if we have salary cap pressure. Would of been ideal if ballin retired to ease salary cap, but gutho would be in nsw cup or wing or centre if their are injuries. Going to parra he won't play full back as they have sign Gordon for that role

To be honest Matai time is up. Would of had gutho in centre next year. Crazy that we have salary cap issues. Paid overs for matai, ballin upgrades and too much for mataeo and donkeys like burgees.

How **** is our outside back debts now? Back to Williame and Satini playing top grade if we get injuries out wide next year again;-(... This is a crap decision.

Re hoppa

The most worrying thing is our recruitment committee thinks he is any good. He has lost all his thrust, power and leg speed. He didn't have the urgency, commitment or desire to play well this year.

Guthrie I was never sold on, but I don't like the thought of losing a junior for a player that looks like been a has been at 24.

What the hell is going on?

Why are we always letting our good local juniors go before they make first grade and buying players for overs and there has been's why not bring up the local juniors and we stay under the salary cap by a mile

How **** is our outside back debts now? Back to Williame and Satini playing top grade if we get injuries out wide next year again;-(... This is a crap decision.
Agree. Hope we dont have the injuries like we had this year.

We looked slow too out wide, Gutho still needed to build up a little and work on his defence but had that great speed and attack and was still developing. I guess end of day sees himself as long term full back at sqeels whereas at Manly that looks to be Tom

Sounds like the dce deal is starting to bite already. I am very surprised we are letting gutherson go but maybe the club just can't have that many backs in the top 25.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6