Gutherson & Knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
All who keep saying he would have been marooned .(get it? Get it? Huh? Huh!) in reserve grade: is there no longer such a phenomenon as players playing so well that they force their way into the top grade? Surely that should always be the case!
And I'd be astonished if he wanted to leave, having grown up dreaming of being a Sea Eagle.

Sideline Eye

Reserve Grader
The issue lies more with Gutho needing to be squeezed into firsts, rather than signing a cheapie for reserves.
Agreed but at the expense of who Stewart, Lyon, Matai, TomT, Hiku or Tafua?

There is no cap space in firsts and everyone seems to agree we need more grunt up front, so what would the purpose be in bringing in another back to firsts?

The Who

Journey Man
Injures? All players mentioned missed matches in 2015 - and Lyon, Stewart and Matai can not be expected to be improving with age.
Plus, there is no 5/8th. Gutho would have been given a chance to make that position his.

Remi

Reserve Grader
Injures? All players mentioned missed matches in 2015 - and Lyon, Stewart and Matai can not be expected to be improving with age.
Plus, there is no 5/8th. Gutho would have been given a chance to make that position his.
agree, with all the stupid $$$ the club is wasting on another half, Gutho would be my first pick and I have watched plenty of his games at 5/8 to comment and he can kick goals as well, plus we are not letting go of a good local junior

I smell a 100 page forum coming.............and its not the official off season yet, and...he isn't a 1st grade player (yet). Imagine the hysteria if JT or TT were poached by the Rorters - what a mega thread that would be.

Ah the good old days of the Daily news and kieran forum posts. Bye Gutho, good luck at Doesntmatta mate.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I suppose the next thing you're going to tell us SE is that they have found signs of life on Mars!
True . The satellite recorded this picture of a Sea eagle flying over the martian skies
imagesRMT4URTS.jpg

bones

Bones Knows
It all depends on who changed their mind. He re-signed recently for two more years. What changed since then?
If he wanted out then I have no problem with the club obliging. We don't want players who don't want to be here.
But, If the club changed it's position and forced him out, then that's a disgraceful way to treat a local junior.

Alby

Reserve Grader

There is no cap space in firsts and everyone seems to agree we need more grunt up front, so what would the purpose be in bringing in another back to firsts?

Exactly, which is why people using the argument about signing cheapies and releasing gutho, doesn't make sense

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Lets see what are the chances of him coming good after a serious ACL injury

Sideline Eye

Reserve Grader
So did the first graders from other team in the comp Hodkinson, Pearce, Slater just to name a few. The club already has a makeshift 5/8 in Lyon, Parcell and Api.

From my understanding Gutho, which I don't disagree should have been released, wants to play FB anyway but has Stewart, TomT and Hiku ahead of him.

We all agree the club needs to retain the forwards coming through the ranks with the likes of Dimitreau (although playing in the centers) and Knight and acquire some more but if this is at the expense of Gutho, as unfortunate as it is, then so be it.

I too hate to see talent move on especially if its a local junior who bleeds maroon and white
We can only assume the club has a better alternative in mind which may have already come to fruition but yet to be made public. I only hope they are worthwhile.

Perhaps some martian!!!

Last edited:

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
It all depends on who changed their mind. He re-signed recently for two more years. What changed since then?
If he wanted out then I have no problem with the club obliging. We don't want players who don't want to be here.
But, If the club changed it's position and forced him out, then that's a disgraceful way to treat a local junior.
Since then Barrett took charge that is what has happened . Gutho has been given an opportunity to prove himself with another team where he will get a better opportunity to play NRL and there is nothing disgraceful about that
I would be concerned however on how long he would take to fully recover from his second ACL injury without any complications and the question mark over him fulfilling his potential . Time will tell and Parra will be sweating on this.

Clay

Bencher
Taking into account the ago of Lyon, Matai and Stewart letting him go seems awfully short sighted.
Hopefully has a MCK style handshake to come back.
Surely someone on this forum knows what really happened, pm me please if you don't want to post

HappilyManly

Journey Man
  • 29 Sep 2015
  • Manly Daily
  • Jon Geddes and Andrew Prentice
Why Sea Eagles let Gutho leave

TOP JUNIOR SET TO JOIN STAR KIERAN FORAN AT THE EELS
FIVE months is a long time in rugby league – just ask young Sea Eagles utility back Clinton Gutherson.

getimage.aspx

Picture: ZAK SIMMONDSParramatta bound Clinton Gutherson In action for the Sea Eagles.

Back in April he signed a contract which would have kept him at the club until the end of the 2017 season.

Now the 21-year-old winger/fullback from the Cromer Kingfishers has been released to join Parramatta from next season on a threeyear deal.

Manly yesterday came out to explain the reasons for their decision.

“The club recently extended the contracts of some of our experienced players and further enhanced our depth through the recruitment of players who can cover several positions,” the club said in a statement.

“Accordingly it became clear that Clinton would no longer receive the opportunity to further develop through consistent selection at NRL level with the Sea Eagles.

“Whilst the club is reluctant to let Clinton go, we recognise the importance of his development at this stage of his career and wish to provide him every opportunity to succeed at another club.”

The Sea Eagles recently extended the deal of star fullback Brett Stewart until the end of 2017 and have rising star Tom Trbojevic, Jorge Taufua and Peta Hiku also under contract. They also signed Tim Moltzen.

Gutherson missed most of this season after suffering a knee injury – against the Eels in round one.

He will link up with former Sea Eagles Kieran Foran, Anthony Watmough, David Gower and maybe Will Hopoate at Parra. (What about Hasson????)

The Sea Eagles also reiterated that their NYC prop Liam Knight is under contract for next season after the Roosters had shown interest in him.

Meanwhile, David Heath is preparing Manly’s under-20s for a premiership tilt after they beat North Queensland 25-24 in their qualifying final on Saturday night at AAMI Park.

They youngsters will need to beat minor premiers Penrith to hoist the trophy this Sunday at Homebush, a feat the coach believes is definitely achievable.

“We learnt plenty from when they touched us up (44-24) a couple of weeks ago,’’ the departing coach said. “Since then we have closed out two close games and confidence is rising collectively.

@:mad: So it's official, Heath is gone after lifting the NYC from Wooden Spoon to Grand Finalists in just 2 seasons. This year he even had to win without his best Player, TommyT for a large chunk of the games - PLEASE EXPLAIN , Manly :banghead: :confused:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18