GAME DAY - Manly v Storm [Round 8, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Whatever the change was - it was evident all night & even at halftime behind by a margin - the boys showed enough positive energy to suggest they could get the 2 pts.
Not a dazzling display, but almost the perfect win in the fact it had to be earned against all odds & learn how to win the game with attitude, belief & guts - enjoyed the game big time but most importantly - the players looked like they enjoyed it.

The thing about last night is I woke up this morning and thought it must just have been a dream, until I checked Silvertails and found out it wasn't !!

After we scored the last try and then received the ball from the ensuing kick-off:

It looked like Melbourne were going to drive the ball carrier back a ways....maybe into the in goal.

Then approx 6-8 Manly players all ran in behind and shoved the heck out of it.

I thought it just looked good as a "team in it for the team" move.

:)

Last edited:
I just realized that we kept them scoreless in the second half.:)

That's massive for a team who peppers the tryline of the opposition with laser precision, let alone the tryline of Manly who are known to be weak in our corner post defense @:cool:

Hiku's last gasp effort will lift the Team as much as it thrilled us :clap:

Loved how everyone ran in to lift a player who made a mistake - thats whats been missing this year - one in, all in!

After we scored the last try and then received the ball from the ensuing kick-off:

It looked like Melbourne were going to drive the ball carrier back a ways....maybe into the in goal.

I thought it just looked good as a team in it for the team move.

Agree. Saw it and thought thats what we used to do. Back each other up.

Hope this attitude continues.

And how many kicks found grass. I would say a big majority.

Granted there was no slater but still, Great work.

I thought it just looked good as a "team in it for the team" move.

Also Melbourne had about 3 blokes offside from that kick-off. They mistimed their runs. Was a clear penalty to manly, unblown.

The big difference for me was when we got caught out defensively we had 3 or 4 trying hard to make it up. That's been missing in recent weeks.

I pack looks good bar poor old ferris. While our back line back to full strength, shame wolf goes back liked his work.
A front row of starlo and Jake t seems youthful and something different.

Was out all weekend, missed the game. Was so pleasantly surprised when I saw the result. Also so bloody good to see everyone on here real happy again. Stoked!!!
Go you manly boys

rlw- Mole

TOOVES HAS LAST LAUGH

There was an ugly incident at AAMI Park on Saturday night with security guards forced to intervene in a spat between Manly coach Geoff Toovey and severalStorm members.

The Storm fans perched in front of the coach’s box peppered Toovey with rude and obscene hand gestures throughout a tense, heated match.

It got so bad that security grads at the stadium were called and had to tell theStorm supporters to ‘pipe down’.

But Toovey had the last laugh – he and his coaching staff gave the fans a couple of hand signs of their own after the Sea Eagles’ massive upset win.
:finger:
:clap::D:swear::)

Just watched the second half again and must say it was an absolutely epic defensive effort by the boys. If they defend like that for the rest of the year we will win most games.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4