GAME DAY - Manly v Storm [Round 8, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
STORM V SEA EAGLES - SAT 25 APRIL, 6:15PM, AAMI PARK

REFEREE: Matt Cecchin :banghead:
ASSIST REFEREE: Henry Perenara

TOUCH JUDGES: Brett Suttor, Adam Reid
VIDEO REFEREES: Shayne Hayne, Luke Phillips
EVALUATOR: Shayne Hayne
MATCH DAY COACH: Shayne Hayne

Updated team list

21 Brett Stewart
18 Jorge Taufua
1 Peta Hiku
4 Steve Matai
5 David Williams
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Jake Trbojevic
9 Matt Ballin (c)
15 Luke Burgess
11 Jamie Buhrer
12 Justin Horo
13 Tom Symonds

Interchange
10 Willie Mason
16 Dunamis Lui
17 Ligi Sao
20 Jayden Hodges

Storm

1 Billy Slater
2 Mahe Fonua
3 Will Chambers
4 Kurt Mann
5 Marika Koroibete
6 Blake Green
7 Cooper Cronk
8 Jesse Bromwich
9 Cameron Smith (c)
10 Jordan McLean
11 Kevin Proctor
12 Tohu Harris
13 Dale Finucane

Interchange
14 Ryan Hinchcliffe
15 Tim Glasby
16 Dayne Weston
17 Felise Kaufusi
19 Kenneath Bromwich
21 Tom Learoyd-Lahrs

Coach: Craig Bellamy

Sea Eagles
1 Peta Hiku
2 Cheyse Blair
3 Brayden Wiliame
4 Steve Matai
5 David Williams
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Jake Trbojevic
9 Matt Ballin (c)
10 Willie Mason
11 Jamie Buhrer
12 Justin Horo
13 Tom Symonds

Interchange
14 James Hasson
15 Luke Burgess
16 Dunamis Lui
17 Ligi Sao
20 Jayden Hodges

Coach: Geoff Toovey

Note:
Jamie Lyon is once again injured for the Sea Eagles with Kieran Foran returning at five-eighth in his place. James Hasson comes on to the bench in place of Jayden Hodges.

Office was closed today due to the mini cyclone that won't leave till Thursday

Last edited:
It would be better to forfeit - at least we would not get anymore injuries.@:cool:

Totally surprised about Hodges being dropped :confused:

Toovs quote "players on notice" apparently Williame didn't get his notice , he must sit up the back at team meetings keeping out of sight and mind

Not a hell of a lot that Tooves can do tbh. Injuries are forcing us to play a lot of guys who are raw and will suck eggs to begin with.

Jayden wasn't even listed initially in last week's team. Not even as 18th man, yet he got the nod over Hasson on game day. This time he is listed in the team. I think he will play.

Last edited:
Didn't Tooves put everyone on notice 2 weeks a go? Tooves seems 2 have given up (yes we have injuries) but surely we have someone worth a run instead of williame?

Hasson is always Tooveys fall back position I'm not in love with Vave but if you buy him you should give him a run.

Maybe punishment actually IS playing. God knows it wouldn't be any fun playing in that squad right now.

Didn't Tooves put everyone on notice 2 weeks a go? Tooves seems 2 have given up (yes we have injuries) but surely we have someone worth a run instead of williame?

Hasson is always Tooveys fall back position I'm not in love with Vave but if you buy him you should give him a run.
Yes at least Vave might give us some go forward... Why buy him?

Interesting that Chee Kam was named in the centres in NSW Cup. Satini is back too and he's an international (lol) so Williame's days should be numbered*

* which means Tooves will give him another 7 weeks to find some form

Toovey said last week it depends on the opposition and the structure they want to use if they have hodges on the bench.

I was stunned by that statement as he adds spark and creativity at the back of the ruck.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8