GAME DAY - Manly v Storm [Round 8, 2015]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The clip from the sheds was great. Matai and Snake ripping in! Jake T lovin it! Awesome.

Hi all, long time reader, first time poster. Thought our boys stood up in defence tonight, but the wrestle seems to be a problem. We seem to have a lot of trouble getting the opposition onto there back and there fore a lot of penalties against us. Do we have a wrestling coach?, like other teams. I thought out boys put there hand up tonight. Great effort and great win. Hopefully that's broken the ducks back and final bound we are.

Welcome aboard Beaver.

The thing that was annoying me tonight is how much Melbourne wrestle when they HAVE the ball. Every tackle they do their best to tangle and trip up the defenders, and when you have a big uddered Fresian like Checcin with the whistle, it's a milk-a-thon. We seem to submit in tackles too easily, Melbourne (and Souths too) wrestle, writhe, kick, and walk off the mark and through and around the markers. Morons like Checcin lap it up.

20 penalties in the game. Half of them were a joke and milking was out of control. These refs are just weak minded fools ruining the game as a contest.

CDbuRFOWoAAr0nD.png

http://www.nrl.com/rd-8-storm-v-sea...lt.aspx#ooid=RuaDRxdDrbnePXqn8H6IVNRQJbzSavc7

Highlights

http://www.nrl.com/rd-8-press-confe...lt.aspx#ooid=d0cjRxdDqmESCOcoRCEeFwbQ6zS4oGq7

Presser

Thanks chip and chase . I agree Melbourne are the best exponents of that. No matter what we did we always seem to get tangled up with them, and no matter what we did In offence we never seem to get the same le way they did. In saying that very proud of our boys tonight, finally get a good night sleep

Hi all, long time reader, first time poster. Thought our boys stood up in defence tonight, but the wrestle seems to be a problem. We seem to have a lot of trouble getting the opposition onto there back and there fore a lot of penalties against us. Do we have a wrestling coach?, like other teams. I thought out boys put there hand up tonight. Great effort and great win. Hopefully that's broken the ducks back and final bound we are.
Jeez considering the amount of Braza's on the northern beaches if we don't still have a wrestling coach I'd be furious. There's a BJJ studio every few metres. Just punt a footy and you'll hit one - then get them in.

I missed the game... thought we would lose...

did we go alright ?? i heard the storm bombed a couple of tries...

2 points is 2 points , great finally getting a win

Fantastic defensive effort - typical Manly v Storm tussell.
Worth watching - Fox 1 Monday 2:30 pm Take a late lunch in a friendly Pub :)

The effort was there and it was great to win but we were far from perfect. Hopefully we get no more injuries so combinations can build in both attack and defence.

Jeez considering the amount of Braza's on the northern beaches if we don't still have a wrestling coach I'd be furious. There's a BJJ studio every few metres. Just punt a footy and you'll hit one - then get them in.
I live up in north qld so don't get to see as often as you, but I take it by your post we should have someone like hulk hogan as the wrestling coach. Ha ha

Have you watched any games? I don't mean to be nasty or whatever, but you're massively wrong. We've been absolute garbage for the entire season bar maybe 40mins v the storm. The rest of it has been laughable at best. Yes we've copped poor decisions... On occasion they've been game changers but we've not deserved to win a game on merit this year.

guess we produced another one of those 40 minutes tonight... GO MANLY!

Great to have a gutsy win. superb.

Jeez Jake T is going well. His transition seems to have been seamless....seemingly.

edit: finally a good report for @Ella Kasmar to write for us all! :)

edit edit: It was also nice not to see Hasson in the line up. I want to like him as a player....but he's got to do his part as well.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8