Fainu and Suli

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Eh... nothing like a bit of robust discussion, with good points, bad points, stubborn points and some disagreement and name calling!!

I don’t care if I’m wrong or right, and absolutely love to be proven wrong... wanna know why??

Because if you’re ALWAYS right... you never learn anything new and you never see anything in any way but your own...

Perspective, it would seem, can cast the strangest of shadows on the firmest of theorems.. thusly, it always pays to consider and respect the opinions of others... even if they are a punchie numbnut retired front rower who’s had no sleep and all the beers!!
Jesus I’m a pompous git when I drink Vodka!!

Eh... nothing like a bit of robust discussion, with good points, bad points, stubborn points and some disagreement and name calling!!

I don’t care if I’m wrong or right, and absolutely love to be proven wrong... wanna know why??

Because if you’re ALWAYS right... you never learn anything new and you never see anything in any way but your own...

Perspective, it would seem, can cast the strangest of shadows on the firmest of theorems.. thusly, it always pays to consider and respect the opinions of others... even if they are a punchie numbnut retired front rower who’s had no sleep and all the beers!!
Of course opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!!

Did i ever state i had credentials other than others here proclaiming i have, or that i am so and so coach over the years.(i've mentioned several times i don't and still got laughed at that i am hiding so with the few who thought i was somebody i appeased their need to have greatness reside in chat rooms)

Ever thought of sitting back , turning the stat machine off and sucking down a cold Tooheys and just watching Fainu slip a silky short ball to a local hero called Tommy ! Try it some time. It’s liberating. It’s called being a fan.
Last night was one of the best nights of my life.

It's old news now but it wasn't then when i was backing him up while others thought i was a fool for wanting to still ride that line of thinking.
I was one who wanted him dropped, Parker back in and hoped that Cust would continue to improve. Cade’s concussion has had the silver lining of forcing Des to Walker back into the halves... and it’s worked an absolute treat!! As I mentioned.. happy to be proven wrong!!

Ever thought of sitting back , sucking down a cold Tooheys and just watching Fainu slip a silky short ball to a local hero called Tommy ! Try it some time. It’s liberating. It’s called being a fan.
Seen better games but it was a good game.

Now imagine how much more you would enjoy watching the game if both our hookers had a strong wide crisp lateral pass from dummy half to be more effective in the red zone and during our go forward sets.

I'm always a glass half full type.

I don't think Tom wants to see Api go, i think deep down he rates Api's efforts off the ball more than he would like to lead on during an interview at fulltime.

Ever thought of sitting back , turning the stat machine off and sucking down a cold Tooheys and just watching Fainu slip a silky short ball to a local hero called Tommy ! Try it some time. It’s liberating. It’s called being a fan.

Ditto, I’m sure my neighbours in the caravan park here in Derby WA must of thought I’d gone stark raving mad last evening!!

Even the poor little dog in the camp trailer behind me started howling.

I was one who wanted him dropped, Parker back in and hoped that Cust would continue to improve. Cade’s concussion has had the silver lining of forcing Des to Walker back into the halves... and it’s worked an absolute treat!! As I mentioned.. happy to be proven wrong!!
Cade is too nuggety and not sharp enough, but i do like his cheeky nature and will make a steady half in a mid range club. (can also be a good signing to ease salary cap pressure for a low club who suddenly has to offer overs to attract a few high quality purchases yet still need a decent half that can grow into the role-----like a Chad Townsand at Cronulla.)

This is entertainment plus!!

I’m just an old numbnut who knows **** all, but by golly I’m enjoying this fantastic ride in 2019!!

Actually I do know a fair bit about something, and you can all guess I’m sure!!

PS: hint , I was doing it off Derby Wharf yesterday

Sorry I kick started this off with @Technical Coach..I just couldn't stand by idle and read his brief on the short comings of Mase and how he isn't a hooker.... I'm glad @susan took up the baton because I just couldn't be bothered feeding the garbage any longer.
Oh and reading through @technical coaches past posts he really doesn't like Mase...... Hmmm, Maybe it is Api or TB after all, But Api wouldnt stoop that low... definitely TB then...

Cade is too nuggety and not sharp enough, but i do like his cheeky nature and will make a steady half in a mid range club. (can also be a good signing to ease salary cap pressure for a low club who suddenly has to offer overs to attract a few high quality purchases yet still need a decent half that can grow into the role-----like a Chad Townsand at Cronulla.)
I think the lad has some potential in the game... if anything, he’s got the best wingnut in the game by a fair stretch!!

The stats simply told us what our eyes saw 76 Smith was ordinary in the first half, improved in the second.Fainu was better. Brandon was better than Scam too.

I will be very interested in Storms handling of the Brandon / Scam scenario. Brandon must be sick of limited game time. He is a star. One more year for Scam at 38? He is the best of all time at 9 ....grub but a sensational player .....but I wouldn’t pay a mill for him next year at 38 ...it will be interesting to see what they do.... there was a bit of an issue about him playing this year. Didn’t sign till late.

Last edited:
The stats simply told us what our eyes saw 76 Smith was ordinary in the first half, improved in the second.Fainu was better. Brandon was better than Scam too.

I will be very interested in Storms handling of the Brandon / Scam scenario. Brandon must be sick of limited game time. He is a star. One more year for Scam at 38? He is the best of all time at 9 ....grub but a sensational player .....but I wouldn’t pay a mill for Scam next year at 38 ...t will be interesting to see what they do.

Isn’t he signed already for next year ??

No doubt about his credentials AND can still play BUT gee the young fella would be pissed at not being first choice and I’d be surprised if he’s not looking around for another club.

Not sure Mark. If he has signed he’s going nowhere. He won’t go anywhere else and a mill is a lot of cash

Brandon Smith has been there for three or four seasons , is kiwi hooker and can’t get a proper crack. Must be frustrating. He was sensational last night when on the field.

Not sure Mark. If he has signed he’s going nowhere. He won’t go anywhere else and a mill is a lot of cash

Brandon Smith has been there for three or four seasons , is kiwi hooker and can’t get a proper crack. Must be frustrating. He was sensational last night when on the field.

Don’t worry they’ll medically retire Scam, on a million , get a dispensation and sign young Brandon to a 7 year $900k per year contract.

And Turdburger will be as happy as a pig in mud!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6