Fainu and Suli

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Jabuh

What stats are you referring to, show me stats in relation to defensive line speed, kick chase(pressuring the kicker and chasing a down field kick.) along with the amount of times he doesn't get back into hooker.

Will sign with Manly on a 3yr contract with a 3rd year option and off to the Warriors in 2023.
Cant' show you those stats but you might be interested in the following from last night...

Cameron Smith
Runs:4
Metres: 28
Offloads: 1
Tackles: 32
Missed tackles: 2

Manase Fainu
Runs: 11
Metres: 94
Offloads: 5
Tackles: 42
Missed Tackles: 0

Not bad for a lazy player up against the goat

Fainu saved the game last night at the end of golden pt 1st half when he busted his guts to get back and dive on the ball with papenhouzen right behind him. Him and turbos combo last 2 weeks is opening teams right up and are they're playing some of the best footy we've played in ages. Manly has so many combos going now we could win the comp for sure. Hopefully havent peaked too early.
I agree there combination is 1st class.. fainu is so hard to bring down he doesn't look that strong but he is and fast.. we throw so much shape at them especially with walker at 6 its looking like 2011 all over again. Walker also comes right side to out number them and thats how the siro try (no try) happened. Im pretty sure. Either way the way hes playing is very hard to defend against then we switch to cherry on the right.. its a pleasure to watch! Des has them humming!

susan

Bencher
For once I have silence from TC ... nothing on your Coach credentials I see.
I’ll be very wary of strangers in lifts I guess

Geez if you can’t sit back and enjoy this ride after three years of hell as a Manly fan and watch an incredibly gifted young hooker develop in front of your eyes ( flaws and all) then you have a seriously jaundiced view of life.
People watch footy for entertainment , not facts, figures and angles and this kid makes you love footy. Put your feet up and watch it for what it is.

You mightn’t have noticed but we are giving this comp a hell of a shake and a huge part of it is direct middle third play conducted by Fainu and assisted in style by TT. You don’t have to be a genius to work that out. He ate Smith last night and those basic stats above showed part of it but your eyes told you more.

On another note and it may seem a crazy thought but the other great young hooker in our game is being starved of game time by the great Scam.Scam is the best hooker of all time but there comes a time when Brandon not being on the field will start to hurt. Interesting if Storm want Scam to play next year i reckon. Will be interesting .

Last edited:

KOMORI

Born and bred an Eagle
Tells me nothing but obviously it tells you everything because you rely on the validation of others.

I was called a fool here to keep harping on that i think Walker will do well at 5/8 with the same old same old "look he performed shyte at 5/8 already here and at Souths", "look we had to put J.Lyon in to save our season that proves Walker is not up to it" etc etc.

I don't care what others think, i state an opinion so be it, and state my views before it becomes light as day(which makes you look crazy and so way off the mark at times)
Let’s be fair, Walker was awful initially at 5/8. That is old news... last week I was excited to see the GOAT back in the centres and Walker moved into the halves: Parker is a better defender, Walker gets better ball and more time.

And it’s worked brilliantly..

He out played scam last night he killed him around the ruck smith couldn't bring him down and tired him nicely. Fainu is like another halfback at hooker any way hes a gun and like old mate said above is the form hooker at the moment. In supercoach he doubled scams score. Walker also out played munster the current origin and probably Australian 6. Top effort last night!
I've always rated Walker in attack---i even mentioned a few weeks ago he will come good and got the smart arse "optimistic" replies, look who is laughing now.

In saying that i also stated back in Walkers Souths day defensively he has issues and can be lazy, still has defensive issues but not as lazy now when fit.

For once I have silence ... nothing on your Coach credentials I see.
I’ll be very wary of strangers in lifts I guess

Geez if you can’t sit back and enjoy this ride after three years of hell as a Manly fan and watch an incredibly gifted young hooker develop in front of your eyes ( flaws and all) then you have a seriously jaundiced view of life.
People watch footy for entertainment , not facts, figures and angles and this kid makes you love footy. Put your feet up and watch it for what it is.
You mightn’t have noticed but we are giving this comp a hell of a shake and a huge part of it is direct middle third play conducted by Fainu and TT. You don’t have to be a genius to work that out.
Did i ever state i had credentials other than others here proclaiming i have, or that i am so and so coach over the years.(i've mentioned several times i don't and still got laughed at that i am hiding so with the few who thought i was somebody i appeased their need to have greatness reside in chat rooms)

Kevinward777

First Grader
What stats are you referring to, show me stats in relation to defensive line speed, kick chase(pressuring the kicker and chasing a down field kick.) along with the amount of times he doesn't get back into hooker.

Will sign with Manly on a 3yr contract with a 3rd year option and off to the Warriors in 2023.
This is daring... even by your standards. However, beat your drum TC, beat your drum I say.

Kevinward777

First Grader
I’m rarely wrong lol

I’d love to know your actual credentials. The rest of us love the eagles and give our opinions. Get it wrong a bit, get it right a bit. That’s footy. It’s a humbling game at times.

If we are to take your self anointed supremacy as a judge seriously can you supply evidence of this ascendancy via your resume old boy. If your genius is real surely a club would have discovered said genius.

Or are you just another technical dude with grand designs on himself who one hopes one will never get stuck in a lift with.

Time to come clean. I can’t wait
Susan v TC at each other’s throats again.
Still some ground to make up on me and @Woodsie.

Let’s be fair, Walker was awful initially at 5/8. That is old news... last week I was excited to see the GOAT back in the centres and Walker moved into the halves: Parker is a better defender, Walker gets better ball and more time.

And it’s worked brilliantly..
It's old news now but it wasn't then when i was backing him up while others thought i was a fool for wanting to still ride that line of thinking.

KOMORI

Born and bred an Eagle
Eh... nothing like a bit of robust discussion, with good points, bad points, stubborn points and some disagreement and name calling!!

I don’t care if I’m wrong or right, and absolutely love to be proven wrong... wanna know why??

Because if you’re ALWAYS right... you never learn anything new and you never see anything in any way but your own...

Perspective, it would seem, can cast the strangest of shadows on the firmest of theorems.. thusly, it always pays to consider and respect the opinions of others... even if they are a punchie numbnut retired front rower who’s had no sleep and all the beers!!

Cant' show you those stats but you might be interested in the following from last night...

Cameron Smith
Runs:4
Metres: 28
Offloads: 1
Tackles: 32
Missed tackles: 2

Manase Fainu
Runs: 11
Metres: 94
Offloads: 5
Tackles: 42
Missed Tackles: 0

Not bad for a lazy player up against the goat

Fatigues easily is not laziness.(laziness is doing nothing when you have the energy to do more)

(in saying that his energy levels against the Sharks early on was a big worry for me, unless Fainu was suffering the Flu because he fatigued far too quickly in that game)

It was a better game from Fainu compared to others that is for sure but his overall defensive intensity in all facets was nothing special and his ruck play was mostly predictable and short.

His great save at the end of the game shows he has a motor, but having a motor and maintaining good intensity levels are two different things once again.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18