Fainu and Suli

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Two former school friends playing FG together and excelling.

Some of Fainu's offloads are simply sublime. How can a guy of his stature manage to stand in so many tackles and offload in traffic like that? He is basically Cameron Murray playing 9.

Suli, the beast. He was so good last night. He has some of his speed back after cutting down his weight, he made some tough carries last night when Melbourne were winning the ruck and we were able to make yards of his dominant carries (the refs allow the player to play-the-ball quicker when the carrier dominates the contact). Suli kept us in the game at times last night.

I also think we deserved to win because we were more enterprising in the golden point period. We threw the ball around and tried to win the game. Melbourne tried not to lose it. Suli's big run was so exciting.

Very happy for these two who are making a great fist of FG.

Two former school friends playing FG together and excelling.

Some of Fainu's offloads are simply sublime. How can a guy of his stature manage to stand in so many tackles and offload in traffic like that? He is basically Cameron Murray playing 9.

Suli, the beast. He was so good last night. He has some of his speed back after cutting down his weight, he made some tough carries last night when Melbourne were winning the ruck and we were able to make yards of his dominant carries (the refs allow the player to play-the-ball quicker when the carrier dominates the contact). Suli kept us in the game at times last night.

I also think we deserved to win because we were more enterprising in the golden point period. We threw the ball around and tried to win the game. Melbourne tried not to lose it. Suli's big run was so exciting.

Very happy for these two who are making a great fist of FG.
Fainu will make a better scheming halfback who can stand in tackles and offload with some nice classy touches mixed in with his great upper body strength, good footwork and thighs that can hold up his frame or bust through a tackle.

Suli defensively has too many issues-- is too easily beaten on the outside, gets caught flat footed or indecisive, but yeah had some great carries when we needed them.

Fainu will make a better scheming halfback who can stand in tackles and offload with some nice classy touches mixed in with his great upper body strength, good footwork and thighs that can hold up his frame or bust through a tackle.

Suli defensively has too many issues-- is too easily beaten on the outside, gets caught flat footed or indecisive, but yeah had some great carries when we needed them.

Arguably the best young hooker in the game and you look at him as a half. Hard to please.

Fainu was used as a halfback in the under 20s without success and moved to hooker

Fainu himself will tell you he's now a hooker and loving it, he's not a half and only played half in his juniors because he was a "small" kid.
He always loved to tackle and get amongst the bigger bodies. ( Now that sounds like a hooker).. I know because I spoke to his brother at the Cronulla trial match earlier this year. Basically told me his brothers footy and confidence have never been as good as it is since moving to hooker.
Fainu is NO CHANCE of moving to half any time soon! Sorry @Technical Coach you may be wrong on this one.

Fainu was used as a halfback in the under 20s without success and moved to hooker
Doesn't mean a thing in the development years of a player, it is what a coach can see for the future. I'm not even saying Fainu will make a great half but i think he will make a better half than hooker due to the defensive workload reduced.

Fainu himself will tell you he's now a hooker and loving it, he's not a half and only played half in his juniors because he was a "small" kid.
He always loved to tackle and get amongst the bigger bodies. ( Now that sounds like a hooker).. I know because I spoke to his brother at the Cronulla trial match earlier this year. Basically told me his brothers footy and confidence have never been as good as it is since moving to hooker.
Fainu is NO CHANCE of moving to half any time soon! Sorry @Technical Coach you may be wrong on this one.
He wont have a choice if his defensive energies don't pick up, the choice will be made for him in 3yrs or he will remain a 40min hooker of slightly better than average quality for the rest of his career playing a comfortable role.

He wont have a choice if his defensive energies don't pick up, the choice will be made for him in 3yrs or he will remain a 40min hooker of slightly better than average quality for the rest of his career playing a comfortable role.

AVERAGE Quality ... LMFAO...... lacks defensive energy??? Check out the stats @Technical Coach.... hes a rookie playing in the ruck and still a kid, he more than holds his own and has improved already from last year, in 3 or 4 years he will be the BEST Hooker in the game.
Im seriously starting to doubt your "Technical coach" status..

with analysis like that please go and Technical Coach the Eels or Dogs they need you more than the Silvertails do...HAHAHAHA

AVERAGE Quality ... LMFAO...... lacks defensive energy??? Check out the stats @Technical Coach.... hes a rookie playing in the ruck and still a kid, he more than holds his own and has improved already from last year, in 3 or 4 years he will be the BEST Hooker in the game.
Im seriously starting to doubt your "Technical coach" status..

with analysis like that please go and Technical Coach the Eels or Dogs they need you more than the Silvertails do...HAHAHAHA
What stats are you referring to, show me stats in relation to defensive line speed, kick chase(pressuring the kicker and chasing a down field kick.) along with the amount of times he doesn't get back into hooker.

Will sign with Manly on a 3yr contract with a 3rd year option and off to the Warriors in 2023.

In a few years time he will add some kilos and fully acclimatise to the rigours of the top grade. You’re judging him a little harshly for a kid in his rookie year: try a bit of positivity and imagine him with a few years to develop the guile and timing and patience that a truly great dummy half uses to his advantage: he’s already got the speed and ball skills, and appears to have good situational awareness that will give him that extra bit of time with which to choose his options..

Of course he’s not the complete package yet... he’s still a pup with plenty of improvement left in him..

Time will tell, agree to disagree, i'm rarely wrong though in observations.

I’m rarely wrong lol

I’d love to know your actual credentials. The rest of us love the eagles and give our opinions. Get it wrong a bit, get it right a bit. That’s footy. It’s a humbling game at times.

If we are to take your self anointed supremacy as a judge seriously can you supply evidence of this ascendancy via your resume old boy. If your genius is real surely a club would have discovered said genius.

Or are you just another technical dude with grand designs on himself who one hopes one will never get stuck in a lift with.

Time to come clean. I can’t wait

Last edited:
In a few years time he will add some kilos and fully acclimatise to the rigours of the top grade. You’re judging him a little harshly for a kid in his rookie year: try a bit of positivity and imagine him with a few years to develop the guile and timing and patience that a truly great dummy half uses to his advantage: he’s already got the speed and ball skills, and appears to have good situational awareness that will give him that extra bit of time with which to choose his options..

Of course he’s not the complete package yet... he’s still a pup with plenty of improvement left in him..
Has decent rolling long stride turn of speed but i don't see Fainu as a sharp darty player off a standing start from hooker---I would say Api has him covered over the first few steps in sharpness.(but i guess that is opinion based and everyone is "entitled" to have one Fainu might just be deceptively quicker than i think with the way he glides effortlessly)

I’m rarely wrong lol

I’d love to know your actual credentials. The rest of us love the eagles and give our opinions. Get it wrong a bit, get it right a bit. That’s footy

If we are to take your self anointed supremacy as a judge seriously can you supply evidence of this ascendancy via your resume old boy.

Or are you just another dude that one just never hopes to get stuck in a lift with.

Time to come clean
Oh i'm sure i will get the odd one wrong but not enough to lose sleep over.

Many times Sue i go against the grain here on players be it their worth or position they play or "technical errors in their style" and it all usually pans out, or not rating the Manly pack when near leading the comp in 2014 and got laughed at.

Like yesterday two of Tom's major flaws to his game that he has to address if he wants to be considered up with the greats is the stifled backline play that lead to an outside back not timing his run (not all Tom's fault but he looked awkward and uncomfortable in that role) and his low down defence on the try line----i have mentioned that several times now and it still keeps happening.

I praise players and knock players, my nick says it all, take it or leave it.

To me i just want to see players perform better that is my true love, if Fainu picks up in these areas i will love to see that happen as it will make for more Manly wins.

I think his defence has improved out of sight!! Walkers D at centre is far worse!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6