Fainu and Suli

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What do your stats have his tackling, meters at?
not the stats i care about in the early stages of a career.
What do your stats have his tackling, meters at?
I value tackle stats as much as try assist stats(they usually don't mean much and are overblown)

Metres stats can be overblown as well, i mean yeah they both have some value in terms of the better players do/tend to generate better numbers so they hold some worthiness but i prefer to look at each game individually and rate the metres in terms of conditions of play, context of the game, front row effectiveness and working off the back of that etc etc, standard deviation, crispness of ruck passing, passing distance variety in ruck play, kicking from dummy half and so on.

Right now i am more concerned about energy in defence, chasing kicks, chasing hard from marker on the inside shoulder of ballplayers, time walking, front on defence tackle effectiveness etc etc. Many tackle counts of third man in or just wrapping the legs of a player to bring them down are valued just as much as a front on tackle absorbing the load which is not the case.

What a harsh thread, to be judging a 21 year old who we are lucky enough to have at Manly.
Personally think Fainu has all the skills, toughness and ability to be up with the Elite players in the game and playing in such a key position, have seen very few players with his ability at this early stage of his career.
Also on Walker - he has improved due to playing far more direct on his touches and is offering early ball to players in better positions...unlike the sideways plays he was guilty of when he first got the 5/8 gig.

Not sure Mark. If he has signed he’s going nowhere. He won’t go anywhere else and a mill is a lot of cash

Brandon Smith has been there for three or four seasons , is kiwi hooker and can’t get a proper crack. Must be frustrating. He was sensational last night when on the field.
Sensational intensity, he even knocked himself for not having the fitness to sustain it longer but in all honesty he packs in so much effort in the time he is on it is understandable fatigue will kick in.

Cam Smith is still worth a million dollars on his footy smarts and leadership alone.

not the stats i care about in the early stages of a career.

I value tackle stats as much as try assist stats(they usually don't mean much and are overblown)

Metres stats can be overblown as well, i mean yeah they both have some value in terms of the better players do/tend to generate better numbers so they hold some worthiness but i prefer to look at each game individually and rate the metres in terms of conditions of play, context of the game, front row effectiveness and working off the back of that etc etc, standard deviation, crispness of ruck passing, passing distance variety in ruck play, kicking from dummy half and so on.

Right now i am more concerned about energy in defence, chasing kicks, chasing hard from marker on the inside shoulder of ballplayers, time walking, front on defence tackle effectiveness etc etc. Many tackle counts of third man in or just wrapping the legs of a player to bring them down are valued just as much as a front on tackle absorbing the load which is not the case.

So you think Des was wrong to leave Fainu on and not use bench hooker?

What a harsh thread, to be judging a 21 year old who we are lucky enough to have at Manly.
Personally think Fainu has all the skills, toughness and ability to be up with the Elite players in the game and playing in such a key position, have seen very few players with his ability at this early stage of his career.
Also on Walker - he has improved due to playing far more direct on his touches and is offering early ball to players in better positions...unlike the sideways plays he was guilty of when he first got the 5/8 gig.
Hard to play straight when you are new to the role along with a weak ever changing squad who were poorly structured and ineffective in most facets of the game.

What stats are you referring to, show me stats in relation to defensive line speed, kick chase(pressuring the kicker and chasing a down field kick.) along with the amount of times he doesn't get back into hooker.

Will sign with Manly on a 3yr contract with a 3rd year option and off to the Warriors in 2023.
What a ego you have technical coach. Seriously who do you think you are? .

Hard to play straight when you are new to the role along with a weak ever changing squad who were poorly structured and ineffective in most facets of the game.
Who said it was easy??
Simple answer to how/why he has improved in the 5/8 role.

I see where you’re coming from.. and Fainu may have some defensive shortcomings: compared to Api. However, having him as opposed to Api in the defensive line does_not_leave_us_weak!!

We are still one of the best defensive units in the competition, and aside from some lazy lapses (that can’t be attributed to Fainu alone!) we generally present a hell of a strong line to any attack. More points are scored against us via kicks than through breaking the line. And I’m not sure I’ve seen Fainu left grasping at a jersey having failed on our line... have you?
Seen Fainu many times struggle to get back to marker in the red zone or stumbling around struggling to keep up. But when a team works defensively well for each other some weaknesses don't get exposed.

Not sure Mark. If he has signed he’s going nowhere. He won’t go anywhere else and a mill is a lot of cash

Brandon Smith has been there for three or four seasons , is kiwi hooker and can’t get a proper crack. Must be frustrating. He was sensational last night when on the field.

The Warriors offered him very large coin at the end of last season to come home, he was keen, but the Storm said no and I’m sure will have many sweeteners in the background for him

metres in terms of conditions of play, context of the game, front row effectiveness and working off the back of that etc etc, standard deviation, crispness of ruck passing, passing distance variety in ruck play, kicking from dummy half and so on.
You are definitely a fat guy on a couch who coaches his kids under 9's team.

I've never heard an NRL coach speak like this.

The terminology is ruck recognition, crispness of service, and width of pass.

Standard deviation? are you studying statistics at university you imposter?

Time will tell, agree to disagree, i'm rarely wrong though in observations.
You pick and choose when you show up here and most of us have a life outside this site (to illustrate I’ve just machine gunned four little nuggets and am waiting for the schnitzel to void) so you give yourself a pretty big wrap. And that’s the problem with you mate. You think you know too much/so much. I’m guessing you’ve never pulled a boot on and in all honesty you occasionally make a good point but just so you know honey catches more flies than vinegar. God I hope you really are Kelly Egan like you pretended/ alluded to members on this site that you were/are. The alternative is too depressing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8