Ethan Bullemor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Maybe Bullemore just doesn’t want to be a professional league player and finds the idea of another profession more interesting/enticing. Nothing to do with Des, nothing to do with Manly. Everything to do with personal choice.
Agreed, Ranga. Walking away from what many others might consider a “dream job” is a gutsy move. Kane Elgey did the same, and Chanel Harris-Tevita is taking a break from the game as well. I actually think it takes a lot of maturity to know and admit when something in your life isn’t making you happy. Good luck to him, whatever decision he makes.

Maybe Bullemore just doesn’t want to be a professional league player and finds the idea of another profession more interesting/enticing. Nothing to do with Des, nothing to do with Manly. Everything to do with personal choice / interests.

But by all means blame your villain of choice.

I think it's everything to do with Des and the lack of professionalism within the Manly coaching ranks and how the coach plays obvious favourites

I think it's everything to do with Des and the lack of professionalism within the Manly coaching ranks and how the coach plays obvious favourites
So one season under Des,the lack of professionalism within Manly coaching ranks and how the coach plays obvious favourites,has driven a 22 year old to potentially quit the game entirely,despite as of next year,there will be 16 other NRL teams and 12 Super League teams that he could go to,to either get more game time or revitalise his career.I’d suggest he’s just found his dream job

So one season under Des,the lack of professionalism within Manly coaching ranks and how the coach plays obvious favourites,has driven a 22 year old to potentially quit the game entirely,despite as of next year,there will be 16 other NRL teams and 12 Super League teams that he could go to,to either get more game time or revitalise his career.I’d suggest he’s just found his dream job

Please Nordburg .. go easy ... if you wake @XV-1 up out of that fantasy world he lives in it could have damaging repercussions ..

When he says Dessie destroyed Bullimore, and drove him out of the game ... just nod ..
When he says Foran is too afraid to player hooker ... just choke back the laugh ... and nod
When he says Dessie is destroying Schuster because of his favourites ... just smile and nod ..

Agreed, Ranga. Walking away from what many others might consider a “dream job” is a gutsy move. Kane Elgey did the same, and Chanel Harris-Tevita is taking a break from the game as well. I actually think it takes a lot of maturity to know and admit when something in your life isn’t making you happy. Good luck to him, whatever decision he makes.
Yes I know from first hand experience - my son who was 15 at the time was signed to a Contract a real contract with real money - not a scholarship with the Melbourne Storm with Folau and Kevin Proctor - they were the three priority 15 year old's in the country according to Peter O'Sullivan then Storm's Recruitment Manager. My son was selected for the Australian Institute of Sport Junior Kangaroos to tour England and France in Grade 12 but had to have surgery on an ankle injury so the Storm wouldn't let him go and he would need to spend all of the off season rehabbing which would have meant he would have also missed some of the Storm's pre-season training setting him way back in his fitness and putting him a long way behind everyone else. He was already a qualified butcher - something the Storm had put him through while he was at School and he was at the time going through the process to also be a qualified carpenter - again the Storm putting him through that. He called me one day after the surgery and with rehab being slow and painful to tell me he didn't want to be a footballer. I was horrified and explained how many thousands of kids would want to swap with him and be offered a contract with the Storm. He wasn't budging. At 18 he had had enough although like me he still played footy - just not serious footy. Disgusted I got off the phone angry until I realised he was doing pretty much as I did - a talented schoolboy footballer who played a bit of A Grade in Brisbane before the Broncos were in existence but I walked away a few times because I would not accept the politics in club football. I had a great job in the public service - ended up playing more Public Service and sub districts football than A Grade and as a result I reaped the benefits of getting jobs in the public service because of my football ability playing in the public service league. I was lucky enough to be an Australian Public Service rep a few times and also went out to South West Qld and played rep footy out there. I went back to A Grade a few times but yep just wouldn't stomach the garbage that went on. At one club - I got dropped to reserve grade - no idea why - I get a lift home with the coach on Thursday night after training and he says... I watched the video of last weekends game - you played pretty damn well!!!!!!!!!!! I scored a try and kicked a few goals in that game. One of the selectors at the club played for that club against me all through juniors and he was a backrower like me and we hated each other with a passion.. still do. That pretty much summed up the politics. Now not saying that politics exists these days where things like that happen. My son now owns his trucking company in North Qld, is a qualified carpenter, butcher as well as a fencer and concreter. Sometimes there are other lures and benefits away from playing serious footy. Sometimes it also just isn't about your ability but who gets opportunities and the rub of the green. Maybe Bullemor is thinking about other opportunities that might not be there post footy.

Last edited:
Please Nordburg .. go easy ... if you wake @XV-1 up out of that fantasy world he lives in it could have damaging repercussions ..

When he says Dessie destroyed Bullimore, and drove him out of the game ... just nod ..
When he says Foran is too afraid to player hooker ... just choke back the laugh ... and nod
When he says Dessie is destroying Schuster because of his favourites ... just smile and nod ..
bahahaha yes - there is lots of fantasy going on in that mind lol

Woodsie. Is that your head still stuck up your arsse?

I feel bad for Bully, came to Manly for more opportunities under Des and to play finals footy, instead, his old team is playing finals while we are no longer in contention to make it. Has barley gotten any game time this year although has shown ability in his few.
He’s a smart guy and don’t blame him for wanting to peruse a career in finance.
Hope he sticks around though, I see him as a shining light for our future.

Could be why Bully lost his spot on the bench, Des probably knows about Bullys future plans and intentions beyond this season anyway. Was really hoping he'd hit the ground running when he signed up for us, but instead just got plodding.

Could be why Bully lost his spot on the bench, Des probably knows about Bullys future plans and intentions beyond this season anyway. Was really hoping he'd hit the ground running when he signed up for us, but instead just got plodding.
Maybe but Walker and Foran have kept their place

We’ve stifled his career so much in 1 year he would rather take up a job in finance.

Shame, he showed huge potential while at Brisbane

He is taking a job in finance because he wants to be like this guy from CBA

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6