Ethan Bullemor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pleased that Bullemor got his opportunity on Thursday night as he had been stagnating a bit at Black Town recently . Still has only been used as an edge forward this season , showed in the very first season game against the Panthers this season what he can do once he is in the open but needs the right set up opportunities . Then whether he can be equally effective in a prop role . Like to see him with a bit more direct or front on defence , big and strong enough to stop an attacker gaining much momentum , just like that more direct front on defence to do it . Marty moving on , not sure about Boyle, a couple of other young gun props coming through , another edge forward recruited , still some uncertainty with Schuster "s most suited position into the future . Obviously has shown he is i st grade standard and a good player , would like him at Manly for much longer . Just his most suited role probably the open question now .

Pleased that Bullemor got his opportunity on Thursday night as he had been stagnating a bit at Black Town recently . Still has only been used as an edge forward this season , showed in the very first season game against the Panthers this season what he can do once he is in the open but needs the right set up opportunities . Then whether he can be equally effective in a prop role . Like to see him with a bit more direct or front on defence , big and strong enough to stop an attacker gaining much momentum , just like that more direct front on defence to do it . Marty moving on , not sure about Boyle, a couple of other young gun props coming through , another edge forward recruited , still some uncertainty with Schuster "s most suited position into the future . Obviously has shown he is i st grade standard and a good player , would like him at Manly for much longer . Just his most suited role probably the open question now .
I think the problem with so called “young gun props” is other than Haas,props don’t reach their peak til 25-27.So even if they are potentially very good,which at this stage of their career there is some doubt,they won’t be quality for a few years yet.Bullemor is only 22 and I think he’s progressing pretty well

I think the problem with so called “young gun props” is other than Haas,props don’t reach their peak til 25-27.So even if they are potentially very good,which at this stage of their career there is some doubt,they won’t be quality for a few years yet.Bullemor is only 22 and I think he’s progressing pretty well
Fair point with the maturity or experience prop progression or age threshold and Hass is an exception . Am obviously not an expert footy judge but in Bullemor 's case , just find it hard to conclude his most suited position currently in the pack or going forward . Probably would even be suited as an older style type lock but slightly different requirements with a modern day 13 in recent seasons

Even his lines can be a bit hit and miss. Foran played at the line to him a number of times but he kept taking inside shoulder when you could see the space outside the defender.
I wonder though - and I've never been around the training set up - if the fact that our reserve grade train on the other side of Sydney makes it hard to bring up players who understand the lines and the plays?

Well to be honest I deserve it

Matt Parcel

Blake Leary

All looked fantastic in Q Cup.

But Bullemor had at least played first grade !
Bit hard on yourself Mark.
Parcel under Bellamy could have been the most threatening attacking 9 in the game, his defence was the issue...not gunna kick Barrett anymore, but don't think he helped Parcel at all.
I thought Leary was reasonable, more your reliable toiler who was probably more a decent Qld Cup player.
Bullemor had his best Manly game Friday - is still young and has plenty to offer imo, he was guilty of arm grabs and soft contacts defensively early games, but if he plays with the intent of that Roosters game consistently - we got a good player.

I wonder though - and I've never been around the training set up - if the fact that our reserve grade train on the other side of Sydney makes it hard to bring up players who understand the lines and theBudgie
I wonder though - and I've never been around the training set up - if the fact that our reserve grade train on the other side of Sydney makes it hard to bring up players who understand the lines and the plays?
Budgie, I’m not 100% sure but given the Bull is part of the top 30 he would train with the NRL squad.

Fair point with the maturity or experience prop progression or age threshold and Hass is an exception . Am obviously not an expert footy judge but in Bullemor 's case , just find it hard to conclude his most suited position currently in the pack or going forward . Probably would even be suited as an older style type lock but slightly different requirements with a modern day 13 in recent seasons
I think prop is his best suited position because he’s a bit cumbersome with his lateral movement in defence,so not ideally suited for playing on an edge

Last edited:
Bit hard on yourself Mark.
Parcel under Bellamy could have been the most threatening attacking 9 in the game, his defence was the issue...not gunna kick Barrett anymore, but don't think he helped Parcel at all.
I thought Leary was reasonable, more your reliable toiler who was probably more a decent Qld Cup player.
Bullemor had his best Manly game Friday - is still young and has plenty to offer imo, he was guilty of arm grabs and soft contacts defensively early games, but if he plays with the intent of that Roosters game consistently - we got a good player.
Actually thought that Parcell didn 't do too bad for Manly in his time there or in generally limited appearances . Had a terrible run with injuries and then API came good and took no . one 9 ranking . Then seemed to be a straight swap , Parcell for Hastings and a reasonable proposition at the time Would be on fairly good coin in the U K no doubt as well , and hasn 't he already collected some high ranking player awards there . Probably has been some interest previously from some N R L for him to return but most likely also not prepared to outlay that much or match his contract value in the Super league .

Fox reporting he’s considering retirement to take up a career in finance

Manly forward Ethan Bullemor is reportedly considering early retirement from rugby league to take up a career in finance.

The Daily Telegraph reported Bullemor is weighing up cutting his rugby league career short to take up a job at a fund manager in Sydney.

The 22-year-old has scored four tries in 34 NRL games since his debut for the Broncos in 2020, including nine games since his move to Manly this season.

The versatile back-rower is a bright kid away from footy and could opt to use his skills and knowledge of the financial sector over his obvious prowess on the sporting field.

Bullemor is contracted to Manly until the end of the 2023 season, but is weighing up retiring at the end of 2022 to make the shock career switch.

The promising forward has struggled for consistent opportunities at Manly, but with Andrew Davey reportedly moving on at the end of the season and Josh Schuster switching to five-eighth, Bullemor could be a key player next year for Des Hasler.

Haumole Olakau’atu and Ben Trbojevic loom as his main competition next season, but Bullemor could opt to trade it all in for an opportunity in finance.

"Haumole Olakau’atu and Ben Trbojevic loom as his main competition next season".....WTF! Who's the Fox moron that wrote the article? Does he even know who Olakau'atu is? Ben maybe competition but Ola lololol. One of the best 2nd rowers around & he's saying Ola is in a 3 way battle for a position in the team. What a twat this reporter is!

Fringe player at the Broncs for whatever reason and most likely on a modest contract , a bit better rating with Manly and with a [ one would expect ] slightly better contract value . Maybe he has just made a judgement call on how much more he may be able to improve and subsequent better contract value going forward and with some realistic expectation on getting ahead financially or security wise in a set business career . And seems at present maybe not that much ambition to make a name for him self for a longer term footy career . Still would seem a shame if he did give the game away and not continue with the opportunity to realize his full and undoubted potential and natural ability and particularly in Manly colours . And yeah at least see out his Manly contract and take things from there .

Wow - huge development but he just is not up to the mark. I thought he would be a great signing and be a quality addition - sadly I was wrong. He is not a middle and he is not an edge. He shies away from contact. I just wish Sipley and Keppie were also considering jobs in the finance world!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8