• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’m thinking he maybe carrying an injury. He was much more dynamic last year when filling in for Tom. He played in those semis Against the sharks and bunnies and played well.

He even filled in at centre for one game last year and was making line breaks all game. He seems to have lost pace and Strength and is very tentative when running the ball compared to last season. Something has gone wrong.

Commentators mentioned that Elliot has played more games at fullback than Tom in the past 2 seasons.

That is the bigger issue.
It's just ridiculous proportions now. If we wanna be a force I would seriously consider the option of selling off Tom and building around reliability in key positions (1,9,6,7). No matter how brilliant his patches have been and all the starry eyed potential, we are not going to win anything soon off the back of his 6 games per season. He is shakey for ever playing FB again after this. Walker is right behind him and I would happily see the back of DCE for the coin he is commanding and cap trouble that produces. We need a deep reset in my opinion.

Pretty harsh on Elliott. He's our backup, except he plays way more minutes a season than the superstar he replaces. He's safe and reliable. Can he do what Tom does? No, but few other players can. He's not a match winner, I get that, but surely we've got bigger issues than our backup fullback playing as expected.
Shhh stop making sense,we put Albert and Schuster and we are in the top 2 guaranteed....

Pretty harsh on Elliott. He's our backup, except he plays way more minutes a season than the superstar he replaces. He's safe and reliable. Can he do what Tom does? No, but few other players can. He's not a match winner, I get that, but surely we've got bigger issues than our backup fullback playing as expected.
I think you're being kind... elliot is the kane elgey of fullbacks - easily the worst in the comp. By a long way. Definitely not a first grade footballer (ditto for taufua)

I reckon he is a bit on the outer and it shows in everything he does.
Des would have moved him on last week i reckon so he probably considers himself stopgap of the highest order and looks a little down in confidence and spirit

Thing is Elliott is adequate as a back up but unfortunately if the backup has to play more games than the superstar he replaces then you have a problem.
That being said I can't believe those calling for Hoppa to get a run in that game. Did you see the weather? It would be suicide to drop a kid into FG in slippery conditions like that that has had 2 knee recons on past 18 months. Regardless of talent.

It's just ridiculous proportions now. If we wanna be a force I would seriously consider the option of selling off Tom and building around reliability in key positions (1,9,6,7). No matter how brilliant his patches have been and all the starry eyed potential, we are not going to win anything soon off the back of his 6 games per season. He is shakey for ever playing FB again after this. Walker is right behind him and I would happily see the back of DCE for the coin he is commanding and cap trouble that produces. We need a deep reset in my opinion.
I get where you’re coming from HK, however:

the players you mentioned would probably get a huge chunk of their (respective) salaries elsewhere paid for by Manly until their extant contracts here expire.

That is a lot of money to be forking out for two or three blokes running around in another team’s colours. All three players become very attractive propositions when someone else is footing the tab - the Manly club.

And if you sold off Tom, do you think his brother/s would want to hang around? Just one of the potential downsides you face, when brothers are a part of the team.

Thing is Elliott is adequate as a back up but unfortunately if the backup has to play more games than the superstar he replaces then you have a problem.
That being said I can't believe those calling for Hoppa to get a run in that game. Did you see the weather? It would be suicide to drop a kid into FG in slippery conditions like that that has had 2 knee recons on past 18 months. Regardless of talent.
Do you scratch Albert each time there is a wet track?

Shhh stop making sense,we put Albert and Schuster and we are in the top 2 guaranteed....
Common sense !
Common sense tells you the year is gone. Common sense tells you that you don’t keep picking proven reserve graders with no upside.
Common sense tells you a few losses from here on in with young players doesn’t matter.

Who cares if they struggle a bit. The blokes out there now are getting lapped by also rans..It is so hard to even watch.
And who cares also if we lose a few , which you may have noticed the “ experienced “ duds are managing to do very easily most weeks.The losses arent the issue to be honest.Injuries have levelled us and losses should be expected but it is the WAY we play the game and the TOTAL LACK OF SPEED that’s the issue.

Get some games in these young guys and not waste half of next year doing it with another year down the drain.

There are five or six blokes in this team that are not first grade standard and NEVER will be. To be honest they are embarrassing to watch.

It defies belief that we keep sending them around knowing none of them have a future at the club (or the NRL for that matter), while young talent is left on the sideline.
I said three weeks ago anyone who thinks this team will contend is delusional. Blind Freddy can see that.
Funa and Okalatu were two of our best tonight. Maybe that’s a hint..

We KNOW the blokes out there aren’t good enough. Let’s see if the others are. The fans won’t care about a few losses if they see a ray of hope rather than plodders getting lapped each week.Why are the rest of the squad in the top 30 if they are off limits to actually playing the f.ing game.!!

And if the young guys aren’t up to it we also learn something valuable and. can plan ahead.. Right now we learn absolutely nothing every f...ing week and keep having to eat the same **** sandwich every week.

Last edited:
Well said Susan.
The season is as good as gone.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that we are better off getting some game time into our young potential stars.
There is not much to lose now.

Funa and Ola were outstanding last night. Hoppa And Shu are an absolute must for the rest of the season. And Funa and Ola need to keep their spots too. Thommo is moving on, and unfortunately we have already seen Parkers ceiling.

Common sense !
Common sense tells you the year is gone. Common sense tells you that you don’t keep picking proven reserve graders with no upside.
Common sense tells you a few losses from here on in with young players doesn’t matter.

Who cares if they struggle a bit. The blokes out there now are getting lapped by also rans..It is so hard to even watch.
And who cares also if we lose a few , which you may have noticed the “ experienced “ duds are managing to do very easily most weeks.The losses arent the issue to be honest.Injuries have levelled us and losses should be expected but it is the WAY we play the game and the TOTAL LACK OF SPEED that’s the issue.

Get some games in these young guys and not waste half of next year doing it with another year down the drain.

There are five or six blokes in this team that are not first grade standard and NEVER will be. To be honest they are embarrassing to watch.

It defies belief that we keep sending them around knowing none of them have a future at the club (or the NRL for that matter), while young talent is left on the sideline.
I said three weeks ago anyone who thinks this team will contend is delusional. Blind Freddy can see that.

We KNOW the blokes out there aren’t good enough. Let’s see if the others are. The fans won’t care about a few losses if they see a ray of hope rather than plodders getting lapped each week.Why are the rest of the squad in the top 30 if they are off limits to actually playing the f.ing game.!!

And if the young guys aren’t up to it we also learn something valuable and. can plan ahead.. Right now we learn absolutely nothing every f...ing week and keep having to eat the same **** sandwich every week.
Obviously you don't get the point,yeah we can put them in,I have never said we should not,the point the post from the guy made was that there are more problems and chucking the kids in will not fix it(do you understand that?)
Yes,blood them but we have more issues than just putting in young guys...FFS one track minds who can't get a point.....(that is the point I have been trying to make but some blind freddies don't seem to be able to read or absorb info and just repeat the same spiel every post....)
People who just say replace this player with that etc...do not realise that just changing players does not fix the problems....Are the young Broncos players improving this year?If you say yes then you are kidding yourself.

Obviously you don't get the point,yeah we can put them in,I have never said we should not,the point the post from the guy made was that there are more problems and chucking the kids in will not fix it(do you understand that?)
Yes,blood them but we have more issues than just putting in young guys...FFS one track minds who can't get a point.....(that is the point I have been trying to make but some blind freddies don't seem to be able to read or absorb info and just repeat the same spiel every post....)
People who just say replace this player with that etc...do not realise that just changing players does not fix the problems....Are the young Broncos players improving this year?If you say yes then you are kidding yourself.

I accept your point and I suspect we are saying the same thing anyway but from different directions.

The issue isn't about rushing young players into the side. Its about transitioning them into positions you know the existing players are not achieving the results you need to win games. Penrith have the youngest side in the comp. Actually in a recent assessment Brisbane had the third oldest. Penrith, and Newcastle is following the trend, have done it by transitioning on a regular basis and not merely holding them back, being too careful and expecting those you have in those positions to perform up to standard.

We've seen what Cust, Funa and Olak can do. Why has it taken so long to give them a regular spot. I noted your ideal side and its full of the kids. Almost all of the present backline in your side are out. You know it too.

I've had this argument over cricket issues as well where young stars in the Shield are held back from tests because of conservative selection strategies. As soon as the kids get a go, they thrive. Schuster for example was being considered earlier by many as a probable 5/8 from the start. He reportedly played well in the trials. Yet its near seasons end and his name has not once appeared on the 21 list.

Slow and safe never works

You have to be kidding Ron, he is so average. Conceed's tries because he is so slow, just lumbers back, falls to the ground before the defence line, catches the ball in the backline and just dies with it. He is horrible, and one of the reasons we are losing. He is a liability at the back defending grubbers or tackling, cannot run, cannot pass. Is terribly slow and unathletic, just like Jorge. He needs to go and give Hoppa a go. Having slow inept players like Crocker, Jorge, Elliot, Waddell on the field is bringing the whole side down to another level, especially when we have young gun players ready to go

Common sense !

I could see lomax had potential last year but needed the game time to build strength and confidence, look at him now. Even tiny sailor is full on confidence even though looked out of his depth on first outing.
We could be doing this with our kids this year and laying the platform, or just lose them to another team by using them as ball boys

Better Robbo, been wanting to ask you this question for a while

Michael had to do a bit of filling in for Snake at the back, I always thought he did a pretty decent job with that. How difficult did he find the adjustment and what was the hardest part of it ?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2