• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think you're being kind... elliot is the kane elgey of fullbacks - easily the worst in the comp. By a long way. Definitely not a first grade footballer (ditto for taufua)
Boom! That’s exactly who he reminds me of.
Also reminds me of the kid in the team that plays, but looks like he would rather be doing something else. As soon as a finger gets laid on him, he collapses into the foetal position and gets belted.
Should be playing tennis or something less contact.
I bet he trains the house down..remember that kid. Then come game day ....0

• 👍
Reactions: bSw
Boom! That’s exactly who he reminds me of.
Also reminds me of the kid in the team that plays, but looks like he would rather be doing something else. As soon as a finger gets laid on him, he collapses into the foetal position and gets belted.
Should be playing tennis or something less contact.
I bet he trains the house down..remember that kid. Then come game day ....0
OK. Here's a question. The match is on the line. The opposition halfback puts up a towering kick. Tafua, Suli and Elliot position themselves to diffuse the bomb....
Who would you want to be calling "mine"?

You have to be kidding Ron, he is so average. Conceed's tries because he is so slow, just lumbers back, falls to the ground before the defence line, catches the ball in the backline and just dies with it. He is horrible, and one of the reasons we are losing. He is a liability at the back defending grubbers or tackling, cannot run, cannot pass. Is terribly slow and unathletic, just like Jorge. He needs to go and give Hoppa a go. Having slow inept players like Crocker, Jorge, Elliot, Waddell on the field is bringing the whole side down to another level, especially when we have young gun players ready to go
It was the injecting himself into the line in their 20, and dieing with it that frustrated me so much. I could understand if he was coming in to create an overlap situation, or just a decoy runner. And he hasn’t got the speed to do the Brett Stewart sweeping play.

Better Robbo, been wanting to ask you this question for a while

Michael had to do a bit of filling in for Snake at the back, I always thought he did a pretty decent job with that. How difficult did he find the adjustment and what was the hardest part of it ?
Mick was pretty safe at the back like Elliott. He did play most of his junior career at Fullback so I guess it came quite naturally. One thing I will say that Mick and our back 3 when he was playing always looked to link up when on kick returns. I don't think I have seen our wingers link up with Elliott at all back there which leaves him isolated to get smashed. A few times Garrick has been there in support but Elliott is too afraid to pass and potentially make a mistake. I think our "safety first" approach is letting us down. This is both in team selections and style of play

OK. Here's a question. The match is on the line. The opposition halfback puts up a towering kick. Tafua, Suli and Elliot position themselves to diffuse the bomb....
Bit more to playing fullback than catching a bomb champ
I dig all our players, and the guy tries hard. Not his fault he is at the back, but I would like to see a little more courage at times. He wouldn’t bust a grape

He is very safe under the bomb .... then ...... nothing ... he is ineffective at just about everything else .... sorry he is a nice guy .... too nice

He is very safe under the bomb .... then ...... nothing ... he is ineffective at just about everything else .... sorry he is a nice guy .... too nice

Agree. He took so difficult bombs. (Dropped one too that wasn't picked up)
But he poses zero threat with the ball.
Not blaming him. You're only as good as you are.

Obviously you don't get the point,yeah we can put them in,I have never said we should not,the point the post from the guy made was that there are more problems and chucking the kids in will not fix it(do you understand that?)
Yes,blood them but we have more issues than just putting in young guys...FFS one track minds who can't get a point.....(that is the point I have been trying to make but some blind freddies don't seem to be able to read or absorb info and just repeat the same spiel every post....)
People who just say replace this player with that etc...do not realise that just changing players does not fix the problems....Are the young Broncos players improving this year?If you say yes then you are kidding yourself.
Broncos ! As senior players in our squad we have 3 current run on Australian players,,a former origin player , two of the best props running around in the world this year and two seasoned and good quality back rowers.Totally ridiculous comparison.Broncos have Boyd, Milford ( who are a joke ) and a few games from Alex Glenn

My point is simple . The blokes playing now wont fix the problem. We KNOW that for absolute certain.
We DONT know how good our kids are. There is nothing to lose. You were saying two weeks ago we are still in the hunt to win the comp. You were and are kidding yourself.

Let me know the downside?It isZero.If they struggle so what. The total plodders keeping them out now won’t play for us or anyone else going forward.

Last edited:
To compare to Tom T is a hard call, almost like having to sing the Titanic song after celine Dion...but it sounded so good in the shower.
In truth Elliott is simply depth, who has had to play alot more footy than expected...offers little, but his contract would be comparable to his performance.
If he only filled in 2-3 times a year I think all would be happy with him, but certainly not a long term fullback at Manly and wasn't signed to be.

Next question, game is on the line and your attacking 15m out. You have the option of Taufua, Suli or Elliot to beat a defender one on one. Who are you passing to?

Mick was pretty safe at the back like Elliott. He did play most of his junior career at Fullback so I guess it came quite naturally. One thing I will say that Mick and our back 3 when he was playing always looked to link up when on kick returns. I don't think I have seen our wingers link up with Elliott at all back there which leaves him isolated to get smashed. A few times Garrick has been there in support but Elliott is too afraid to pass and potentially make a mistake. I think our "safety first" approach is letting us down. This is both in team selections and style of play
Elliott does not (and I think, cannot) pass. I recall a match early last year when he was in space with support but bombed a try by not passing. The fullback position has changed in recent years, that's one of the reasons it's now considered part of a team's 'spine'. The fullback has to be able to read play and throw a pass. And in defence, able to yell instructions.
Elliott has shown himself to be a good reserve standard utility back and he does well in some areas, but sadly for us he's not NRL standard as a fullback.
Time to pick Hoppa. If' he's not fit, use Metcalfe.

Penrith put a whole bunch of kids in the last 2 seasons and they ran 10th last year. They did their apprenticeship and they were smart to add a couple of senior players to them. Look at them now. Unfortunately Des is still in the defensive grind loyalty to all mindset of the last decade and that approach won't work now. The season is over. Blood the kids like Hoppa, Schuster, Miski,Metcalf, Funa, Ola'k, Sipley Paseka , Keppie and give them the responsibility to take charge. AFB, Taupau, Sirro, Thommo and Jake all need a couple of weeks to get over injuries. They're playing busted and it shows. AND FFS if I see Elliot, Taufua, Parker, Gosiewski, Waddell, Croker anywhere near the 21 I'll vomit.

Cannot understand how “ElLiOt Is SaFe” is still a solid point...? How is he safe?

Is being out of position for every grubber kick ‘Safe’?

Is getting manhandled back into the ingoal ‘safe’?

Is adding literally NOTHING to our attack - actually no, DETRACTING from it as he can’t do a single thing and the ball dies when it goes to him - SAFE?

Being able to catch a high ball doesn’t justify first grade. My grandma could catch a high ball with no pressure put on her a couple times too.

The point is that there are better backup fullbacks for any minimum NRL salary. Nicho Hynes at Melbourne, Caleb Aekins at Penrith, Tex Hoy at Newcastle. Oh wait... Luke Metcalf and Albert Hopoate at Manly Sea Eagles too?!?

Sacrificing 12+ points in attack every game to have a guy who can catch a high ball is not safe. I would rather a kid who will contribute to two tries and then bomb a high ball than a bloke who can catch a bomb but will cost us 2 tries a game and not add anything in attack.

The bloke sucks and as long as he is playing in the 1 I won‘t be blocking out time to watch.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6