Egrets, I've had a few...(musings and some pics)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
^ lol, the tower almost looks straight in that previous page's pic.

Lemme post another....

FErYtAC.jpg

About 10 years ago (to the day) I was posing for a photo in the roman forum where the Vestal virgins hung out (seemed appropriate)...

when all of a sudden some Aussie guy walked up, put his arm around me and said something like "I'll be in your photo with ya, lets go!"

He looked just like @Mark from Brisbane (but obv wasn't).

So I returned, 10 years later but.... he didn't show up for another photo.

Here's a sad hat.

J6kQaTb.jpg

Pantheon...!
d4owQkw.jpg

Sigh...when I was here 10 yrs ago, it was basically empty, no ropes and no other b/s.

vvNXUgG.jpg

The Trevi fountain was making too much noise so I asked them to turn the fountain off so I could take a photo...

PVDC4u3.jpg

@Budgie I dunno what this guy did. Safe to assume he deserved it. She looks badass!

56J1JXC.jpg

Pantheon...!
d4owQkw.jpg

Sigh...when I was here 10 yrs ago, it was basically empty, no ropes and no other b/s.

vvNXUgG.jpg

The Trevi fountain was making too much noise so I asked them to turn the fountain off so I could take a photo...

PVDC4u3.jpg

@Budgie I dunno what this guy did. Safe to assume he deserved it. She looks badass!

56J1JXC.jpg
"I've told you before what would happen if I caught you pissing in the wardrobe again"

This is a weird time zone. ST wise.

I see everyone log off going to sleep - Then I'm still here as y'all wake up again ready to post the same old drivel as the day before. (that's right...y'all)

Then I'm out about 8am to 4pm aussie time...wake up...and wash rinse repeat or something.

I must be tired...delusional ranting...ftw!

Lemme find a pic.....

N1X3jIV.jpg

This is a weird time zone. ST wise.

I see everyone log off going to sleep - Then I'm still here as y'all wake up again ready to post the same old drivel as the day before. (that's right...y'all)

Then I'm out about 8am to 4pm aussie time...wake up...and wash rinse repeat or something.

I must be tired...delusional ranting...ftw!

Lemme find a pic.....

N1X3jIV.jpg
You found a good pic!

Herculaneum is an interesting place. Small but wealthier than nearby Pompeii, both were covered in volcanic ash but Herculaneum copped about 20 metres, while Pompeii landed with 4 metres.

This explains why Pompeii was "re-discovered" earlier and was easier to excavate.

Though both places are filled with stories, the 300 or so skeletons found down near the 'boat houses' is interesting and tragic to read.

There are many cool mosaics, charred and carbonised timbers, houses, shops, and other art around the place.

Anyway... you all have the internet...

IN the background there was discovered 300 or so skeletons of people sheltering from the volcano, waiting to be rescued. (If you zoom in, you can see some skeletons).

9sSTjn0.jpg

J407jTG.jpg

You can forget that in its day...no bricks were seen. Everything was covered and brightly painted.
You can see the 'brick' columns and how they were decorated.

rYGwuTf.jpg

Wall art in a place where townspeople gathered. (If memory serves) it was kind of a temple to Augustus. You can see charred timbers as well. In the room next to the one shown - they found the keeper/boss/chaplain...dude that looks after the place, still in his bed.

wlqucW7.jpg

Some exquisite and well preserved mosaics and wall art.

FfobyOU.jpg
Just wonderful, I have to see this first hand before I kick that bucket, hat seems to be enjoying himself, just green with envy 🤢

Not a bad idea!

Alas -then I'd have to go to Australia and smartgov canada says it's too bit dangerous to travel there.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8