Egrets, I've had a few...(musings and some pics)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Oracle of Delphi strutted her stuff here....

2twaFZm.jpg

And here's a stadium that ge was happy not to be allowed to run in...!

RYpW2mm.jpg

wiki:

The Stadium of Delphi lies on the highest spot of the Archaeological Site of Delphi. It overlooks the sanctuary of Apollo and has a view to the Delphic landscape. It was built either within the second half of the 4th century B.C. or even after the Galatian attacks. Its measured 178 meters in length and knew several refurbishment phases. The Stadium of Delphi is the best preserved ancient stadium in Greece
I wonder if they had it easy getting their refurbs done or were there a couple of stadia further out west that were done first?

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo

hat wants to know how 'ooster' supporters get passports!

Tossers. Gee mate, wanna get a bit less dressed up?!?!?!

Fe8N3JR.jpg
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo

hat wants to know how 'ooster' supporters get passports!

Tossers. Gee mate, wanna get a bit less dressed up?!?!?!

Fe8N3JR.jpg
He has to show off his Roosters tribal tattoo.

It's not all chaos and er more chaos...

DRrBk0f.jpg

3jBaZwT.jpg

l5LtyC4.jpg
The Oracle of Delphi strutted her stuff here....

2twaFZm.jpg

And here's a stadium that ge was happy not to be allowed to run in...!

RYpW2mm.jpg

wiki:

The Stadium of Delphi lies on the highest spot of the Archaeological Site of Delphi. It overlooks the sanctuary of Apollo and has a view to the Delphic landscape. It was built either within the second half of the 4th century B.C. or even after the Galatian attacks. Its measured 178 meters in length and knew several refurbishment phases. The Stadium of Delphi is the best preserved ancient stadium in Greece
Loving the pics and history tour. Blue skies so far. I think I mentioned "jealous" in another post. But just to be sure, definitely Jealous!

Loving the pics and history tour. Blue skies so far. I think I mentioned "jealous" in another post. But just to be sure, definitely Jealous!

Well... hat's a bit of a bastard and is happy to make people jealous, but I hope that maybe the pics are interesting, a bit inspirational, and just kinda some fun pics in this exhausting world.

I see that it's snowing back 'at home' so that's going to be a shock when we land back in moose-land (just think of it as Karma for these pics).

We never take 'this life' for granted and being able to work off the ole laptop certainly helps. I didn't realise just how far away Aust is from other places until I moved to Canada and Europe is 'just over there'.

Er... I'm on Santorini atm and they gave us a bottle of champagne when we checked in(sorry France... sparkling wine..!) and mrs ge doesn't really drink and it'd be rude not to drink it... so it's starting to hit so I'll stop typing....
now...

wait...

now...!

no..

NOW!

Asking the Public to Name Probe to Uranus May Have Been a Mistake​

"You're really asking the internet to name a probe going to Uranus?"​

They must've seen it coming.

A space exploration enthusiast account on Twitter asked the internet to name an upcoming mission to the planet Uranus, in what almost feels like a setup for a punch line, considering the public's endless interest in potty humor and butt-related puns.

And yes, it went mildly viral, in a hail of scatological references.

"This seems like the perfect time for Astroglide to sponsor space exploration," one user suggested, referring to a popular brand of personal lubricant.

"Operation Butt Plug," another user proffered.

"You're really asking the internet to name a probe going to Uranus?" one outraged commenter asked.

Jokes aside, there are serious implications of this kind of humor.

"I truly do worry that it will make it difficult to actually get a mission to study this planet because I think that NASA would be sensitive to these headlines," prominent Space Science Institute and Planetary Society astronomer Heidi Hammel told Futurism last year, "and sensitive to all the ridicule that they would get if they wanted to get a mission to this planet."

"We do want to send atmospheric probes, and we do call them probes, and it's impossible to separate that from the whole aliens probing humans thing," she added.

But fortunately, many replies to the viral tweet included far more sensible names that we could actually see NASA using for an upcoming mission.

Several users suggested naming the mission after British astronomer William Herschel, who discovered the celestial body and its moons Titania and Oberon back in the 1700s.

And since Uranus' moons are named after Shakespearean characters, many other users suggested naming the mission "Tempest" after one of the poet's plays.

Some also suggested naming it after Odin, the Norse God who fought ice giants, or Caelus, the Roman equivalent of the Greek god Uranus.

Whether we'll actually ever see a mission to Uranus any time soon remains tough to say. While a NASA-affiliated panel of experts recommended to visit the planet, pointing it out to be a scientific target of "the highest priority" in a massive decadal report published earlier this year, the space agency has yet to announce any upcoming plans to go visit Uranus.

And there are plenty of reasons for a visit, though. Most intriguingly, Uranus' moons are suspected to hold vast oceans of liquid water.

A mission could also offer us tantalizing clues about its history, including why it's tipped on its side, or why it has two sets of rings.

In short, joking about sending a probe to Uranus is all fun and games — but public support for a publicly funded mission to a faraway planet is key to generate enough of a groundswell in interest, especially among lawmakers.

Besides, the butt jokes may actually be a positive thing.

"I think it's good to get engagement in my work in any way," University of California astronomy PhD candidate Ned Molter told Futurism last year.

"Obviously, do the jokes get really tired and repetitive? Absolutely," Molter added. "I wouldn't say I get frustrated at all. It starts a conversation."

Asking the Public to Name Probe to Uranus May Have Been a Mistake​

"You're really asking the internet to name a probe going to Uranus?"​

They must've seen it coming.

A space exploration enthusiast account on Twitter asked the internet to name an upcoming mission to the planet Uranus, in what almost feels like a setup for a punch line, considering the public's endless interest in potty humor and butt-related puns.

And yes, it went mildly viral, in a hail of scatological references.

"This seems like the perfect time for Astroglide to sponsor space exploration," one user suggested, referring to a popular brand of personal lubricant.

"Operation Butt Plug," another user proffered.

"You're really asking the internet to name a probe going to Uranus?" one outraged commenter asked.

Jokes aside, there are serious implications of this kind of humor.

"I truly do worry that it will make it difficult to actually get a mission to study this planet because I think that NASA would be sensitive to these headlines," prominent Space Science Institute and Planetary Society astronomer Heidi Hammel told Futurism last year, "and sensitive to all the ridicule that they would get if they wanted to get a mission to this planet."

"We do want to send atmospheric probes, and we do call them probes, and it's impossible to separate that from the whole aliens probing humans thing," she added.

But fortunately, many replies to the viral tweet included far more sensible names that we could actually see NASA using for an upcoming mission.

Several users suggested naming the mission after British astronomer William Herschel, who discovered the celestial body and its moons Titania and Oberon back in the 1700s.

And since Uranus' moons are named after Shakespearean characters, many other users suggested naming the mission "Tempest" after one of the poet's plays.

Some also suggested naming it after Odin, the Norse God who fought ice giants, or Caelus, the Roman equivalent of the Greek god Uranus.

Whether we'll actually ever see a mission to Uranus any time soon remains tough to say. While a NASA-affiliated panel of experts recommended to visit the planet, pointing it out to be a scientific target of "the highest priority" in a massive decadal report published earlier this year, the space agency has yet to announce any upcoming plans to go visit Uranus.

And there are plenty of reasons for a visit, though. Most intriguingly, Uranus' moons are suspected to hold vast oceans of liquid water.

A mission could also offer us tantalizing clues about its history, including why it's tipped on its side, or why it has two sets of rings.

In short, joking about sending a probe to Uranus is all fun and games — but public support for a publicly funded mission to a faraway planet is key to generate enough of a groundswell in interest, especially among lawmakers.

Besides, the butt jokes may actually be a positive thing.

"I think it's good to get engagement in my work in any way," University of California astronomy PhD candidate Ned Molter told Futurism last year.

"Obviously, do the jokes get really tired and repetitive? Absolutely," Molter added. "I wouldn't say I get frustrated at all. It starts a conversation."

Never run a naming competition that millennials and gen z'ers can enter. lol

some will be clever, most will be scary!

On another note, I just got asked what the name of the bar in the TV show "cheers" was called.

Was about to say there was no bear in that show ...
( then read your post again!)
Very animal oriented, this thread be, I must have jumpled to conclusions.

Well I was wondering if there was an animal called a jumpled or was it just a typo.

that's the power of your aura of gravitas, I guess!

Walking down a narrow-ish street today, two snooty 25-35 year old (I guess) ladies were walking straight at me like "You're going to have to move, we're ladies don't you know and you're just road scum."

I mean I always move to one side anyway.....

But just as I was going to move, a car behind them did a really loud backfire. they both squealed and jumped sideways... opening up a gap that I could pass through.

So I lifted my head, sniffed derisively and strutted on by.

er

The end

Walking down a narrow-ish street today, two snooty 25-35 year old (I guess) ladies were walking straight at me like "You're going to have to move, we're ladies don't you know and you're just road scum."

I mean I always move to one side anyway.....

But just as I was going to move, a car behind them did a really loud backfire. they both squealed and jumped sideways... opening up a gap that I could pass through.

So I lifted my head, sniffed derisively and strutted on by.

er

The end
Can't wait to hear more tales of GE walking down a street 😂😂😂

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8