Eels
Vs
Sea Eagles
22 CommBank Stadium
20 May 2022 19:55
80th minute

Match Stats

We had no rub of the green tonight.

At 20-10, Koula almost scores but drops it over the line, cherry puts in a nice grubber but bad bounce over Quacs head when he looks almost certain to score, Walker almost breaks free to score but could not finish it off.

Absolutely had them on the ropes, and penalities got parra back in it.
Yep, l think four of their penalties were coming out of their end mid to late in the tackle count....and l think they then scored from two of them.

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Eels: 22
Manly: 20

282563601_10159786301255993_6606086817212486826_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

c620536e7a3a92d0858c6791b2d697cf.gif

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Sea Eagles Stats Review: TBA

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights: TBA

Full Match Replay Link: TBA

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

Killer blow: Sea Eagles, Blues rocked by Turbo injury

‘Season over’: NRL superstar left distraught

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Set Restarts x 2

05:07 - Set Restart - Eels - 05:07 - Ruck Infringement - Morgan Harper - Sea Eagles
25:09 - Set Restart - Eels - 25:09 - Ruck Infringement - Jake Trbojevic - Sea Eagles

Harper: 1
Jake: 1

Penalties x 9

11:56 - Penalty - Offside Inside 10m - Toafofoa Sipley - Sea Eagles
16:07 - Penalty - Offside Inside 10m - Jake Trbojevic - Sea Eagles
24:10 - Penalty - Slow Peel - Dylan Walker - Sea Eagles
58:05 - Penalty - Offside Inside 10m - Sean Keppie - Sea Eagles
61:47 - Penalty - Dangerous Tackle - Haumole Olakau'atu - Sea Eagles - 62:20 - On Report
68:45 - Penalty - 2nd Effort - Morgan Harper - Sea Eagles
72:09 - Penalty - Late Tackle - Morgan Harper - Sea Eagles
72:52 - Penalty - Dangerous Tackle - Sean Keppie - Sea Eagles - 72:58 - Sin Bin
73:12 - Penalty - Dangerous Tackle - Christian Tuipulotu - Sea Eagles - 74:00 - On Report

Harper: 2
Keppie: 2
Olakau'atu: 1
Sipley: 1
Tuipulotu: 1
Walker: 1

Errors x 8

11:18 - Error - Tom Trbojevic - Sea Eagles
28:25 - Error - Martin Taupau - Sea Eagles
34:20 - Error - Morgan Harper - Sea Eagles
39:50 - Error - Haumole Olakau'atu - Sea Eagles
48:13 - Error - Tolutau Koula - Sea Eagles
70:29 - Error - Kieran Foran - Sea Eagles
71:17 - Error - Morgan Harper - Sea Eagles
76:30 - Error - Morgan Harper - Sea Eagles

Harper: 3
Foz: 1
Koula: 1
Taupau: 1
Tom: 1

We can put the best defenders at second row, centre and wing on our right side and it will still leak points. DCE is the problem. He needs to fix up the way he defends, because every player who plays outside him is a casualty to that and is put in such a vulnerable position. I really believe Koula and Tui can become sensational defensive outside backs but they are victims to DCE's poor defensive choices that compromises them. It's been happening for years, teams expose it, they know it. SO WHY DON'T WE NOTICE IT AND FIX IT FFS!!!! DCE needs to learn and fix these mistakes.

Defence wins premierships and whilst that edge continues to be a glaring problem that teams can target effectively, we cannot touch the Provan Summons trophy.

It seems like for years we've been average an injury or two a week. It's always just an impending number of casualties. I know it happens to other clubs, but we've copped it year after year. It's obvious that it needs to be addressed and made a priority to fix up if we are to win a comp. Because Melbourne, Penrith, Roosters (except last year) are on top because they have close to their strongest side fielded on week in and week out. We are a true gritty tough team but we cannot continue with this. Get it out of the system one final time this year and make changes so we can challenge for a premiership next year.

Who's the half back? I swear Koula never has more than 2-3 passes from a setplay. We never spread the ball to the right. It dies when DCE starts crabbing. Why do we always have Tom doing forward style hit ups on the 4th. We have a dumb footy side I'm afraid
I'm guessing the halfback is the guy who set up Tippy toes with a wonderful 30m pass. same bloke that went short to hamole when he should have gone out the back for a possible try. nobody's perfect I guess but other than perhaps Cleary or Hughes I probably wouldn't swap him. whos a better option?

Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler has taken aim at referee Ben Cummins following his side’s 22-20 loss to the Eels on Friday night.

Manly were on the wrong side of a 9-2 penalty count and Hasler took particular issue with a late penalty for a high shot while his men were defending their own line.

Christian Tuipulotu looked to have made a try-saving tackle on Hayze Perham in the dying minutes.

Perham was slipping when he was hit but Parramatta were awarded the penalty.

But Eels coach Brad Arthur said the rules were clear and it was an obvious penalty.

“Hayze might have slipped, but at the end of the day, if you make contact with someone in the head, you get penalised,” he said.

“We have, all year. You make contact with someone in the head, and you get penalised.

“Simple as that.”

Set Restarts x 2

05:07 - Set Restart - Eels - 05:07 - Ruck Infringement - Morgan Harper - Sea Eagles
25:09 - Set Restart - Eels - 25:09 - Ruck Infringement - Jake Trbojevic - Sea Eagles

Harper: 1

Penalties x 9

11:56 - Penalty - Offside Inside 10m - Toafofoa Sipley - Sea Eagles
16:07 - Penalty - Offside Inside 10m - Jake Trbojevic - Sea Eagles
17.00 Parra try
24:10 - Penalty - Slow Peel - Dylan Walker - Sea Eagles
58:05 - Penalty - Offside Inside 10m - Sean Keppie - Sea Eagles
59.00 Parra try
61:47 - Penalty - Dangerous Tackle - Haumole Olakau'atu - Sea Eagles - 62:20 - On Report
68:45 - Penalty - 2nd Effort - Morgan Harper - Sea Eagles
72:09 - Penalty - Late Tackle - Morgan Harper - Sea Eagles
72:52 - Penalty - Dangerous Tackle - Sean Keppie - Sea Eagles - 72:58 - Sin Bin
73:12 - Penalty - Dangerous Tackle - Christian Tuipulotu - Sea Eagles - 74:00 - On Report

Harper: 2
Keppie: 2
Sipley: 1
Tuipulotu: 1
Walker: 1

Errors x 8

11:18 - Error - Tom Trbojevic - Sea Eagles
28:25 - Error - Martin Taupau - Sea Eagles
29.00 Parra try
34:20 - Error - Morgan Harper - Sea Eagles
39:50 - Error - Haumole Olakau'atu - Sea Eagles
48:13 - Error - Tolutau Koula - Sea Eagles
70:29 - Error - Kieran Foran - Sea Eagles
71:17 - Error - Morgan Harper - Sea Eagles
76:30 - Error - Morgan Harper - Sea Eagles
77.00 Parra try (to be fair, it was a Parra forward pass)
Harper: 3
Foz: 1
Koula: 1
Taupau: 1
Tom: 1

We can put the best defenders at second row, centre and wing on our right side and it will still leak points. DCE is the problem. He needs to fix up the way he defends, because every player who plays outside him is a casualty to that and is put in such a vulnerable position. I really believe Koula and Tui can become sensational defensive outside backs but they are victims to DCE's poor defensive choices that compromises them. It's been happening for years, teams expose it, they know it. SO WHY DON'T WE NOTICE IT AND FIX IT FFS!!!! DCE needs to learn and fix these mistakes.

Defence wins premierships and whilst that edge continues to be a glaring problem that teams can target effectively, we cannot touch the Provan Summons trophy.
Thank you. I don’t know how DCE continues to get a free pass from fans and commentators for his performances. Harper copped so much **** after the Sharks game (deservedly) but that right edge is still leaking points so easily, even after he’s been dropped/moved. There’s a common denominator there!!

His attacking play is probably even worse at the moment too. Yes he’ll pull off a nice play like the pass to Tui last night, or kick a 40/20 or field goal every now and then but most of the time he’s running around in circles with no idea what to do. We’ve got 2 potential weapons in Haumole and Koula on that edge and yet they get absolutely ZERO good ball because DCE would rather take a tackle (without actually taking it into the line like Foz does) or chuck in a grubber and hope someone is chasing. I’m looking forward to round 13 when DCE is off on origin duty - don’t be surprised if we look at our best with Schuster and Foz as halves.

Re taking the shot at goal before half time. We were attacking against 12 men.

Better judges can tell me otherwise, but i'm guessing the play every time takes is to go for the try in that situation.

Always looks questionable when you lose by 2...but not like it was with 5 minutes to go in the game and it was clear we needed the 2 points.

My 2 cents anyway.

Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler has taken aim at referee Ben Cummins following his side’s 22-20 loss to the Eels on Friday night.

Manly were on the wrong side of a 9-2 penalty count and Hasler took particular issue with a late penalty for a high shot while his men were defending their own line.

Christian Tuipulotu looked to have made a try-saving tackle on Hayze Perham in the dying minutes.

Perham was slipping when he was hit but Parramatta were awarded the penalty.

But Eels coach Brad Arthur said the rules were clear and it was an obvious penalty.

“Hayze might have slipped, but at the end of the day, if you make contact with someone in the head, you get penalised,” he said.

“We have, all year. You make contact with someone in the head, and you get penalised.

“Simple as that.”
G'day all, Until 3 tackles later when Taupau clearly smacks a bloke flush in the mouth,who stays down for the penalty and play on. Or when Jake picks up a loose ball,cops a smack to the head,hesitates looks at ref then realises nothing coming so play on.
cheers mike

Re taking the shot at goal before half time. We were attacking against 12 men.

Better judges can tell me otherwise, but i'm guessing the play every time takes is to go for the try in that situation.

Always looks questionable when you lose by 2...but not like it was with 5 minutes to go in the game and it was clear we needed the 2 points.

My 2 cents anyway.
Given the time left in the first half I thought we would go for goal. Not going to criticise that decision though as I can see why with 12 they wanted to try to score. Hindsight and all that.
Besides Garrick missed 2 conversions, difficult ones but missed, so no use thinking of ifs and maybes'.

Wow...the doomsdayers need to take note of that whole hearted spirited performance last night. What a fabulous performance. Was it perfect - nope - did Harper and Keppie's stupidity and errors cost us absolutely. Should we have won with any decent sort of refereeing - without a doubt. Des has really lost the dressing room, the players can't play... the game plan/structures are wrong bla bla bla. When the PLAYERS control the ball like they did last night except for maybe that last 10 mins we can challenge all sides. Losing Tom will make it really tough BUT if we can keep everyone on the field relatively injury free, get Parker, Paseka and Lawton back we still have a very very good side. Garrick is no Tom but gee he is a quality quality player. Schu will help with that creativity. Haumole will be gone for say two weeks so Davey and Schu in the backrow and that aint a bad backrow at all with at least 10 sides wishing they had that backrow. It is front row where we have a huge issue..... while Lodge is a grub or was and he isn't the next messiah... gee IF we did pick him up now that would be massive. Keppie is plain ordinary, Sipley the same, Marty has his moments, Aloiai - great quality - Paseka CAN be great quality... Lodge would add massively for us this year and we will need some grunt now with Tom gone as we will need to play a pretty different grind it out type of game. But yes those doomsdayers howling about all manner of garbage again need to give themselves a dozen uppercuts. We should all be very proud of that effort... considering the quality players we have out, we lost Tom, Keppie gone for the last 10 minutes AND that abomination of a refereeing display gee we played strong done good... just plain robbed in the end!

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2