Post-Game Discussion Eels v Manly [Round 11, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Eels
Vs
Sea Eagles
22 CommBank Stadium
20 May 2022 19:55
80th minute

Match Stats

I'm confused.... As Keppie only copped a fine for a Grade 1 offence, does that mean that all offences that are Grade 1 should result in a sin bin as well? E.g., crusher tackles never result in 10 in the bin, but they attract similar fines to Keppie's from the MRC.

A few things from last night, challenging Harper's knock on was dumb, even though he didn't drop it , he pressed it up against an Eels player which prevented theball from dropping,Harper should have realised that.
That challenge could have been saved for later in the game to possibly challenge the Tuipolotu tackle or even possibly the goal line restart when Brown was clearly offside when Olokuatu grounded the kick in goal

Last edited:
A few things from last, challenging Harper's knock on was dumb, even though he didn't drop it , he pressed it up against an Eels player which prevented theball from dropping,Harper should have realised that.
That challenge could have been saved for later in the game to possibly challenge the Tuipolotu tackle or even possibly the goal line restart when Brown was clearly offside when Olokuatu grounded the kick in goal
So let me get this straight: even through Harpo didn't drop the ball we shouldn't have challenged the incorrect call, keeping the challenge to when Tippytoes tackles the winger legitimately and the only one who thinks it's high is The Bunker?

So let me get this straight: even through Harpo didn't drop the ball we shouldn't have challenged the incorrect call, keeping the challenge to when Tippytoes tackles the winger legitimately and the only one who thinks it's high is The Bunker?
I reckon if Manly didn't challenge the Harper call, then the forum would have been jumping up and down saying they should have challenged it.

I reckon if Manly didn't challenge the Harper call, then the forum would have been jumping up and down saying they should have challenged it.
Agree. We rarely use challenges, and if you're convinced they got it wrong (and they did get it wrong, as did the bunker), there's no point in saving it up for later. Not sure we could have challenged the Tippytoes tackle anyway as it was the Bunker that came in and made that decision. The on-field decision was no penalty - touch judge was right there and simply raised his flag.

Meanwhile, the Eels challenge a penalty against them for a crusher - the only penalty that ****wit Cummins awarded us off his own bat all game - and are successful even though that tackle is a crusher penalty every other day of the week.

No matter what we did, you always had the feeling Cummins and the Bunker would conspire to **** us over and get the Eels home anyway.

Your right, but the outcome was a BS decision, someone correct me if I wrong, I thought if you lose control of the ball, or more importantly contact with the ball and it touches an opponent then you regather, it’s clearly deemed a knock on, thing is, Harper never lost contact and maintained control, he still had the ball.

I think Id like to see the rule go back to if you lose the ball and it hits the ground and goes forward, knock on, all other cases of maintaining the ball or regaining the ball without it touching the ground, regardless of the action in play, play on.

Unfortunately that's the way the bunker saw it as well, if Harper held the ball with two hands we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Some plays from Harper cost us dearly last night, the supposed dropped ball when we were attacking, giving away a penalty when he tackled the Parra player after he grubbered the ball through, and dropping that blatant forward pass from Paulo, all vital plays in the last ten minutes when we were down one player.
If he came up with one play in our favour we probably would have won

I still can't get over this game. We do some dumb stuff however we were far the better team. A 9-2 penalty count is just astonishing. If we get reffed like that every week we wont win another game all season.

What annoys me most is the eels think they deserve it. Obviously handed to them in that last 10min. But they will carry on like d.ckheads like they are the second coming
What was more annoying than that was the commentators going on about Parra's resolve and 'never say die' attitude, but it was our mistakes, plus a couple of missed goals, Tommy's injury and that sin-binning at a key moment (Mitchell Moses' sin-bin didn't matter to Parra, cos he's a pretentious, mouthy little twat anyway! They were probably glad to get rid of his complaints about his own team-mates for 10 mins!).
They should have made a comment about the Manly courage and team-spirit that saw them go down by only 2 points in such circumstances (well, in fact I turned off at that point!)! Vive next week! ;)

What was more annoying than that was the commentators going on about Parra's resolve and 'never say die' attitude, but it was our mistakes, plus a couple of missed goals, Tommy's injury and that sin-binning at a key moment (Mitchell Moses' sin-bin didn't matter to Parra, cos he's a pretentious, mouthy little twat anyway! They were probably glad to get rid of his complaints about his own team-mates for 10 mins!).
They should have made a comment about the Manly courage and team-spirit that saw them go down by only 2 points in such circumstances (well, in fact I turned off at that point!)! Vive next week! ;)
Parramatta are the darlings of Channel Nine

• 👍
Reactions: AJW
I still can't get over this game. We do some dumb stuff however we were far the better team. A 9-2 penalty count is just astonishing. If we get reffed like that every week we wont win another game all season.
Don't forget 5-0 set restarts against us

Physicality & commitment was a rare positive for the team. But it’s a rivalry game vs Parra so that’s to be somewhat expected.
Game changed momentum a lot cuz of refs decisions, along with Turbo injury.
DCE was badly outshone by Foran. Which of the 2 halves is Manly keeping & letting go this season ? Of course, the opposite of what Manly should be doing.

DCE mistakes.
1. 2 bad kicks in the 1st 5 minutes.
2. Awful read in defence that was the main cause of Parra 1st try.
3. Totally bombed a try at the end of the 1st half, when Manly had a 2 player overlap. ( Bad pass to Huamole)
Points 2 & 3 makes it a 12 point DCE caused points loss, when Manly lost by 2 points.
4. Bombed a try at the end of the game with the Manly far side winger wide open, but DCE chose to go for a useless run instead.

Attachments

• 74A4EB89-2180-48EF-B633-9C19BFBC2376.jpeg
    74A4EB89-2180-48EF-B633-9C19BFBC2376.jpeg
    291.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 3F585063-DF73-493F-8649-18EAD822EC5F.jpeg
    3F585063-DF73-493F-8649-18EAD822EC5F.jpeg
    281.1 KB · Views: 43
Physicality & commitment was a rare positive for the team. But it’s a rivalry game vs Parra so that’s to be somewhat expected.
DCE was badly outshone by Foran. Which of the 2 halves is Manly keeping & letting go this season ? Of course, the opposite of what Manly should be doing.

DCE mistakes.
3. Totally bombed a try at the end of the 1st half, when Manly had a 2 player overlap. ( Bad pass to Huamole)
Points 2 & 3 makes it a 12 point DCE caused points loss, when Manly lost by 2 points.
4. Bombed a try at the end of the game with the Manly far side winger wide open, but DCE chose to go for a useless run instead.
Those images are very telling and sad to see, for such an experienced half, should of been able to see those plays, count the numbers and deliver, that’s his job as a playmaker.

Those images are very telling and sad to see, for such an experienced half, should of been able to see those plays, count the numbers and deliver, that’s his job as a playmaker.
Probably all true, but what's your solution? Drop him?
It's been suggested that he play hooker yet Froggy was our best player against Doesn'tmatta.
One thing you can be sure about with DCE: he will play, regardless of how injured he is.
The same thing can't be said for many of our other star players.

Probably all true, but what's your solution? Drop him?
It's been suggested that he play hooker yet Froggy was our best player against Doesn'tmatta.
One thing you can be sure about with DCE: he will play, regardless of how injured he is.
The same thing can't be said for many of our other star players.
Answer to the first question, No.

Next point, I agree Froggy was our best and no I wouldn’t move Chez into 9, although 14 months ago, I was saying that, based on circumstances, but Frog has improved and not only deserves to hold his spot, in my opinion is now the better option at 9 anyway, his a better defender and his game last week suggests he can keep improving, seeing him play a little more heads up and taking his opportunity to run was really good, like to see his service with ball be a bit crisper and maybe conceal his intention a little better. His still improving so, he stays put.

I also agree with your last couple of points, but Chez‘s game is under pressure in more ways than one. I don’t know what the solution is, especially now we have extended him, I was kind of thinking when the 10 years were up, it would be good to see a change, we’ll have to wait a little longer now, one thing that might help is taking the c away from his name so he can just play football, as the Australian and Qld incumbent and with his experience as a half he should be icing both those plays.

I would of said Tom would be the ideal replacement for Captain, but you need your captain on the field week in week out like Chez, Foz would also have been a good option, however that‘s not happening now, nor is Tom this year and I don’t think a temporary change is the answer, so it’s play on for now, I could say more, but its pointless, Chez will be our half going forward and within our roster rightfully so, it’s just frustrating to know we could of and should of won Friday night, if our half and highest paid player delivered in his role.

Croker has played well in games where our forwards are winning the middle. The same also for DCE and the backline, The middle and ruck is the most important part of Vlandys ball.

DCE mistakes.
Oh my god. Thank you. Couldnt be arsed pointing it out myself. Its almost weekly with DCE. I know hes the captain and we are in the minority. But he has some major deficiencies in his game which cost us weekly. But every now and then he will have a good game against weaker sides.

His reading of defence causes the centre to rush in as he rushes out of the line and stops and gets caught... causing the centre to make a decision. This is a very easy fix and im not sure why he hasnt been told to rein it in.

His attack is off the cuff. I get it. He admitted it. But SOMETIMES.. would it kill him to have a bit of structure so his team mates KNOW what hes going to do. The amount of times we have had overlaps like that (strike weapon like Koula) waiting for the ball and he cuts back in and crabs in. Can he not pass it to the right?

So frustrating. But hey.. he kicks field goals.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8