Post-Game Discussion Eels v Manly [Round 11, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Eels
Vs
Sea Eagles
22 CommBank Stadium
20 May 2022 19:55
80th minute

Match Stats

Really felt for the side , totally committed effort , some really good footy , had to be the better side last night yet just duded in the most cruel way . With the current rule setting just think that it is inconceivable that a side can incur not one ruck infringement for the full 80 let alone the extra scruting Manly "s way . Granted a few continued dumb plays by Manly did not help but the leg up "s the Eels way just too obvious even for the most impartial observer . Not stopping the off loads a factor but the overall improvement a credit for sure . Still don"t seem to be using Oloka - atu and Koula to best effect in attack , season not over but need last night's effort and commitment ongoing to keep their season alive .

Most teams playing against 12 players don't take 2 points
We got what our Game Management deserved. I just can't forgive not taking the 2 before half time. Once again going for the glory play and not the percentage is what costs us DCE.

Sure we missed some from the side line. But where did the eels kick the winner from. Just got to be better.

Some wins are more than 2 points. Losing that costs so so much more than 2 points. Its closer to 10. Our Boys just put everything into it. Hard to back it up the same way next week. Not just the energy. But the emotion. Win it and it's a different story blokes are on a high.
We are finding ways to lose games, when we are the better team by miles.
And that's not even including the Tom factor now being out.
Our Discipline.............at clutch moments. Wow.

We can put the best defenders at second row, centre and wing on our right side and it will still leak points. DCE is the problem. He needs to fix up the way he defends, because every player who plays outside him is a casualty to that and is put in such a vulnerable position. I really believe Koula and Tui can become sensational defensive outside backs but they are victims to DCE's poor defensive choices that compromises them. It's been happening for years, teams expose it, they know it. SO WHY DON'T WE NOTICE IT AND FIX IT FFS!!!! DCE needs to learn and fix these mistakes.

Defence wins premierships and whilst that edge continues to be a glaring problem that teams can target effectively, we cannot touch the Provan Summons trophy.
Got nothing to do with the Manly player lying in the ruck instead of in the defensive line

And in breaking news.....I'm still filthy at that inept refereeing display from cue-ball head.

Angry Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

Really felt for the side , totally committed effort , some really good footy , had to be the better side last night yet just duded in the most cruel way . With the current rule setting just think that it is inconceivable that a side can incur not one ruck infringement for the full 80 let alone the extra scruting Manly "s way . Granted a few continued dumb plays by Manly did not help but the leg up "s the Eels way just too obvious even for the most impartial observer . Not stopping the off loads a factor but the overall improvement a credit for sure . Still don"t seem to be using Oloka - atu and Koula to best effect in attack , season not over but need last night's effort and commitment ongoing to keep their season alive .
Summed it up well MA, love how you're posts are so controlled.......whereas I'm ready to explode with rage and expletives, how do you do it ?

Perham was slipping when he was hit but Parramatta were awarded the penalty.

But Eels coach Brad Arthur said the rules were clear and it was an obvious penalty.

“Hayze might have slipped, but at the end of the day, if you make contact with someone in the head, you get penalised,” he said.

“We have, all year. You make contact with someone in the head, and you get penalised.

“Simple as that.”

What contact with the head was Arthur referring to?? Because there was none IMO.

What contact with the head was Arthur referring to?? Because there was none IMO.
How can Big Brother see something on a TV screen that no-one else did? Everyone close to the action was happy. Had the force of that tackle hit the head then the winger would have been knocked out.
This incident was incredibly significant. Instead of Manly getting the ball and rucking it out it was gifted to Doesn'tmatta just metres from our tryline. We only had 12 men at that stage and it was inevitable that with the ref letting go obvious Parra errors that a try would occur.
There can be no other explanation for Big Brother to rule a penalty on that try-saving tackle. He was bought!
When will DESpicable, our owners or the media get the balls to call it out for what it is?

The bunker can only intervene with play if a reportable offence occurred. Christian was put on report due to the bunker interfering for that try saving tackle despite no contact with the head. The judiciary report is out and guess what? No charges for Christian because he didn’t hit him in the head. Total and utter farce.

Summed it up well MA, love how you're posts are so controlled.......whereas I'm ready to explode with rage and expletives, how do you do it ?
Just a sense of regretable resignation if there is such a term i guess . Same in regard to the lack of match officials accountability but just so hard to accept both after some initial anger . Team and supporters deserve better , especially at this supposed professional level . Manly are not the only team with a grievance but seem to cop more then our fair share .

I have to say I’m gutted foward passes let go corrupt interpretation of penalties and bone head interference by that disgraceful bunker
Corrupt and I fuking hate it
And fuk u Cummins u crooked ****
It's becoming harder and harder to enjoy nrl these days, the quality and seemingly biased officiating is turning me off, I guess I'm not the only one feeling this way but it's so bad now that I'm expecting us to be penalised from the first tackle of the game, I'm p!ssed that coaches can't point out glaring referee blunders or obvious bias without being fined, after all their jobs are hanging on decisions made by these gronks, in what other job don't you have the right to defend yourself against the incompetence of people controlling your area of work, it's total bs

The NRL is now all about entertainment and marketing !!
Gone are days that 2 gladiator teams COMPETED on the same level, with great defence and attack and no referee/bunker bias.
Frankly it is now just like watching WWE wrestling, where matches are scripted to meet the mass market.
How else can you explain some of the current clear incorrect referee/bunker decisions and the non disclosure of the reason for “six again” and statistics for it after the game.
All this smells of corruption to me and sadly those teams that are not in mass markets suffer ( example Manly) and those teams who are in mass market benefit ( example Parramatta). I can’t remember the last time Manly won a penalty count and I don’t think they have ever had a six again win !
The game is on the nose and frankly many original fans are walking away from it and you can’t blame them !!

I want des to rip into this ref and get a $100k fine and suspended for a month. Otherwise I won’t sleep.
I’d prefer him to do his job as coach as in have a defensive structure, get the team ready for the season, pick the best team available and control interchange better.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8