Dylan Walker injuries thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Walker return to help Manly cover injuries
16x9_small

Manly will welcome the NRL return of Dylan Walker from a broken leg as they struggle with injuries. (AAP)

Dylan Walker is expected to be named to make his NRL comeback in the centres for Manly as they scramble to replace three injured players.

UpdatedUpdated 2 hours ago

Injury-hit Manly are set to receive a timely boost from Dylan Walker, who's expected to return from a broken leg for the NRL clash with Gold Coast.

The Sea Eagles are counting the cost of Saturday's win over Canberra after they lost Curtis Sironen and Kelepi Tanginoa to season-ending knee injuries and Tom Trbojevic for up to two weeks due to a sprained ankle.

Trbojevic's injury comes a week after winger Jorge Taufua was ruled out for eight weeks with a shoulder injury, leaving the Sea Eagles' backline stocks severely depleted.

However, they appear to have found a saviour in Walker, who underwent numerous surgeries on his ankle and shoulder following a serious leg injury in last September's Prime Minister's XIII clash with Papua New Guinea.

Coach Trent Barrett suggested last week that Walker wasn't expected back until round six after impressing in his return at training but it's understood he's now likely to be named in the centres for Manly next Sunday.

Matthew Wright is the most likely man to fill the No.1 jersey for the Sea Eagles after he played there for two games last season in Trbojevic's absence, while Brad Parker could shift to the wing to accommodate Walker's return.

It's also understood the Sea Eagles have moved to begin having axed Wests Tigers winger Moses Suli's contract registered with the NRL, and he's likely to play his first game for feeder club Blacktown in reserve grade this week.

Manly have options to replace Sironen and Tanginoa.

Shaun Lane and Frank Winterstein started in the second row last year and would be contenders to fill Sironen's spot, while Darcy Lussick could be forced to stay at the club in place of Tanginoa and not head to the English Super League.

Source: AAP

I was actually having a bit of a chat to a Souffs fan on FB earlier tonight and he (and apparently quite a few other Vermin fans, so he says) believes that they should never have released Walker regardless of what happened.

When he is fit and on form there is currently no centre in rugby league who is better than Dylan Walker. If not for the PM's XIII injury he would have been in the Kangaroos WC squad and would be a leading candidate for NSW this year.

I hope that Baz and his staff aren't rushing him back too soon. But I can't wait to see him run out in the centres for us soon.

When Turbo went down I was expecting Walker to be called in earlier than planned.

We have Tom Wright or Hastings who can play. If Walker if named, I imagine he is ready to play.

If he was due back Rd6, is 1 week early really going to be the difference in the context of a several month recovery?

I don't expect top form straight out of the gate, but I don't see what playing in regies is going to be of benefit, the risk of injury is just as strong there and it will add nothing to his game. When he's ready to play he comes back into 1st grade for mine.

Yes a mate of mine told me the same thing that Dylan was out tomorrow injured at training yesterday no idea what the injury is though...

Hopefully its wrong but i simply don't understand why we didn't have Tom Wright or Jade Anderson listed in our 21 knowing that there were injury clouds hovering over both Dylan and Turbo... Crazy !!

Yes a mate of mine told me the same thing that Dylan was out tomorrow injured at training yesterday no idea what the injury is though...

Hopefully its wrong but i simply don't understand why we didn't have Tom Wright or Jade Anderson listed in our 21 knowing that there were injury clouds hovering over both Dylan and Turbo... Crazy !!
Turbo will go to FB, Wright to the wing and Parker to centres. No problem... worked well enough last week.

Selecting Walker was probably just a smokescreen due to Turbo being in doubt. Maybe we always were giving him an extra week?
Hope that’s all it is, anyway.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10