DCE up on the Gold Coast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I seriously hope DCE stays. Foran is easier to replace imo, however finding a halfback of any sort of quality will be a much more difficult task. Sign Cherry and then throw the leftovers at Sezer.

I disagree.
All the footy judges and clubs points to Foz as a better player.
In the last RL Four Nations event, Foz won the battle.
Foz is also a tougher defender and the younger of the two.
I'd invest in Foz and let Chez go, because I also believe we have a replacement Half in Hodges with similar darting runs. Halfbacks are easier to develop if a club knows how and we have the best in Tooves and Joey. Even Gutho could fill in! I remember Kosef filling in at Halfback and he was a giant of a man.

The Titans are drowning in debt and their supporter base have deserted them. No major sponsor - coach sacked and no business acumen in the leadership team . I am sure when we made him our best offer we also made him aware of what a Basket case the Titans are :)

Maybe we should have also told him that Killer never signed with them...

Just a Question.........Can anyone recall a Manly player that has left the club to get the big dollars and then had their career blossom as a result?
I for one can't, but I can name 20 that have come to Manly from other clubs and gone onto either win a premiership or represent at a higher level.
You should never forget who made your career and why?

Just a Question.........Can anyone recall a Manly player that has left the club to get the big dollars and then had their career blossom as a result?
I for one can't, but I can name 20 that have come to Manly from other clubs and gone onto either win a premiership or represent at a higher level.
The nrl would say that Beaver left Manly to play with Northern Eagles.

I think we should all remember that DCE's wife is a Beaches girl with strong family connections and she has 2 young kids. In my experience all young mothers want to be close to Mum and this will be no different. They have also recently built a new "dream" house on the beaches.
DCE is just going through a process before he puts pen to paper on his shiny new Sea Eagles contract.

Trent Hodkinson left for Money. He is now the NSW halfback and played in last years GF.

JWH

In years gone by this would never have been played out in the media the way it has, and for that the blame lies directly with the player manager ( Gavin Orr).

All negotiations would be secret, and between the Club and the player direct and we ( the fans ) never found out until the team announcement at the start of the season.

I really think the NRL has to step in and stop this negotiation of contracts 18 months out, and dare I say the negotiations for these two could have been going two years out.

So they sign a contract, and then almost immediately start negotiations on the next one, that is seriously a flawed system .

Trent Hodkinson left for Money. He is now the NSW halfback and played in last years GF.

Yeah that is true. But unlike the Titans, the dogs also poached one of the best coaches aswell.

DCE has already won a premiership, and is the future No.7 for both QLD and Australia.

Id rather keep DCE. :D

If his manager is a man of his word (haha yeah righhhhht) then DCE should go to Parra. They need all the help they can get.

Many Manly players left for other clubs & achieved nothing of great note once they did........Mathew Ridge, Ian Roberts, Fatty Vautin, Ron Gibbs, Des Hasler, Phil Blake, Jack Elsegood, Terry Hill, Tony Williams, William Hopoate, Darcy Lussick.............just to name some! All were replaced with capable players.

dont under estimate the female mind
Mrs Cherry-Evans would see $3.5mill on the table & have her house, car, shopping centres, child minding, Restaurants etc all picked out

Many Manly players left for other clubs & achieved nothing of great note once they did........Mathew Ridge, Ian Roberts, Fatty Vautin, Ron Gibbs, Des Hasler, Phil Blake, Jack Elsegood, Terry Hill, Tony Williams, William Hopoate, Darcy Lussick.............just to name some! All were replaced with capable players.

Yes the cycle will continue regardless, as one door closes another opens, let's not forget Cherry was trundling around in QLD Cup a few years ago, unwanted by any club.

I disagree.
All the footy judges and clubs points to Foz as a better player.
In the last RL Four Nations event, Foz won the battle.
Foz is also a tougher defender and the younger of the two.
I'd invest in Foz and let Chez go, because I also believe we have a replacement Half in Hodges with similar darting runs. Halfbacks are easier to develop if a club knows how and we have the best in Tooves and Joey. Even Gutho could fill in! I remember Kosef filling in at Halfback and he was a giant of a man.

Are you smoking crack? Foran was good but shaun Johnson made him look wayyyy better. Foran doesn't have a dominant halves kicking game and what evidence are you basing it on that hodges has a kicking game????? So we start the season with every other team knowing we only have one long kicking option and pressuring the s@%t out of it. Have you watched footy before? If halfbacks are easier to develop why is every club chasing ours for 1mil or does every coach in the nrl not understand footy as well as you?

there is so much wrong with everything you just said. I rest my case

And a big welcome to @Forster eagle

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8