DCE up on the Gold Coast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Arko left . Our money had gone and the Super league war left us on our knees that's how lucky we were . We were very lucky that our culture does not have any pessimistic views like yours and that our great culture keeps rising above all odds and always triumph letting no one and nothing stand in our way of success . That's the reality feathered friend so keep your head up and stop spitting your dummy out ,

hahahaha the way I see it you're spitting your dummy out putting your blindfold on and ignoring the real world. We do need some quality halves. I will always blindly follow manly and have never nor will I ever stop (side note in 15 years of tipping I've never picked against them, I was crushed in the N Eagles era). In the era of professional sport though you have to acknowledge that no matter how stupid the system is, it's what's in place. Nether of them have bagged manly from what I've seen and you can't expect them to not try for as much money as they can get no matter how much it sucks as fans.

Mind you never let rationality get in the way of a quality argument. ;)

Lurker, I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. 10 year crowd averages is a decent sample size. Manly is a niche team that also happens to have quite distinct geographical boundaries. We are never going to have broad appeal no matter which super stars play at our club. Joe Kelly is going to have to work some magic to get our crowd averages up towards 20K.

Agree with what you say. I suspect also that in the mid 2000s we had lots more day games vs good opponents - when did Monday nights start? It seems like lately any time we get a day game it is against an out of town lowly team that won't bring many of their own fans.
You're right Shoe1, in 2005 we had 11 Sunday arvo games at Brooky, so that would swell the numbers no matter how badly the team was travelling

You're right Shoe1, in 2005 we had 11 Sunday arvo games at Brooky, so that would swell the numbers no matter how badly the team was travelling
There you go, all Joe Kelly needs to do is ensure all our home games are played on Sunday afternoons :)

There you go, all Joe Kelly needs to do is ensure all our home games are played on Sunday afternoons :)
or hand out Brad Arthur face masks at the gate...

Whislt seeing another article re dce up at the gold coast with nate myles joking around and offering to go to open houses yadda yadda....

Made me think, as much as there may be frustration....I think the Manly organisation has gone through this whole process with class. Well done.

Are you smoking crack? Foran was good but shaun Johnson made him look wayyyy better. Foran doesn't have a dominant halves kicking game and what evidence are you basing it on that hodges has a kicking game????? So we start the season with every other team knowing we only have one long kicking option and pressuring the s@%t out of it. Have you watched footy before? If halfbacks are easier to develop why is every club chasing ours for 1mil or does every coach in the nrl not understand footy as well as you?

there is so much wrong with everything you just said. I rest my case

Maybe not enough Crack.
Was T-Rex worth 600K?
Didn't all the other clubs shun DCE before he got a break at Manly?
Even De$ thought Hodgkinson was better.

As I said with Choc's contract, these numbers are all bull****. So the original article in this thread claimed over a mill per season. http://t.co/y61ZhWtotT this article just said 3,000,000 over 4 years, which is 750k per season (or almost 1/2 originally claimed !!!)

Jeez, his asking price dropped pretty dramatically.

If Dce does stay will he all of a sudden go from a no good mercenary to an amazing person again?

I really really really really want to see what all the negative posters have to say if he stays.

If Dce does stay will he all of a sudden go from a no good mercenary to an amazing person again?

I really really really really want to see what all the negative posters have to say if he stays.
League fans are just as smart as wrestling fans. We have no trouble understanding that heroes can become villains and vice versa.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -60 8