DCE up on the Gold Coast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I follow the club not the players. Sure it's hard not to get attached to some of them but if DCE, Foz etc don't want to be at our great club long term & don't think it's an honour to pull on our mighty jersey I would rather they are replaced with players that do.

Latest cherry watch

Cherry & @LigiSao get our Tuesday #MWSECommunity blitz underway at Seaforth PS with our Sea Eagles Reads program http://t.co/n81o97MHha
image.jpg

I follow the club not the players. Sure it's hard not to get attached to some of them but if DCE, Foz etc don't want to be at our great club long term & don't think it's an honour to pull on our mighty jersey I would rather they are replaced with players that do.

Everyone says that but how many were around in the Northern Eagles days or the early days of still sucking (I was). A lot of fair weather followers. To ensure the commercial viability of the club we need to keep winning. We aren't exactly flush even when we are winning so imagine what it would be like if we had a losing season. Stadium upgrades and long term security become harder to justify. A fair bit more is at stake than just following players. Cherry and Foz are both highly marketable to kids and keeping them interested in going to games.

Need to keep the bigger picture in sight. Kids follow the players and not having marquee guys makes that harder. How many do you reckon want sezers name on their jersey.

I want the club to be here for my kids. Pretending we don't need good players and burying our heads in the sand wont help. In saying that I put the blame of this purely at the feet of the nrl which has such a stupid system.

Also even if they 'make' a decision we have another 3.5 months to entice them to break it hahaha

Many Manly players left for other clubs & achieved nothing of great note once they did........Mathew Ridge, Ian Roberts, Fatty Vautin, Ron Gibbs, Des Hasler, Phil Blake, Jack Elsegood, Terry Hill, Tony Williams, William Hopoate, Darcy Lussick.............just to name some! All were replaced with capable players.

Dale Shearer, Phil Daley, Russell Gartner.

But how many wanted DCE on their jersey back in 2009...These "marquee" guys have to start somewhere

Something positive :)
Triple M Brisbane's Ben Dobbin
had a different view on the matter,
maintaining that it would be hard to sway Cherr-Evans from Brooky.

Lurker the club has already put their best offers to both players. What more do you want them to do, buy them boats?

I'm just saying it's silly pretending we don't care and that the club will just pull another Australian halfback who's only 25 out of its arse. may as well tell it like it is that we need them and not sugar coat it.

No papers reporting how DCE's in Seaforth today reading to kids for community day. Go figure...

That would sound too much like a pro manly article @Loobs. Or it may be deemed to controversial for the telecrap because it doesn't involve them trying to smear rugby league like a woman's day gossip column. They love biting the hand that feeds them too much

Might be time you go and have a little cup of tea Lurker. : )

c
I'm just saying it's silly pretending we don't care and that the club will just pull another Australian halfback who's only 25 out of its arse. may as well tell it like it is that we need them and not sugar coat it.
We have been pulling great players out of our asses for decades now buddy
Have faith in our culture or you can join Choc at Parra LOL

c

We have been pulling great players out of our asses for decades now buddy
Have faith in our culture or you can join Choc at Parra LOL

In those decades we had some of the best administrators the game has ever had and we had decent cheque books. In more recent times we've been a bit lucky bozo. The game has swung a bit. People (clubs) are playing with a lot more cash and sponsors than we are. We are considered a small market team. We need to keep winning and in my opinion we need to keep our halves together. Choc was a pelican. neither of these guys has gone off the deep end and said anything unforgeable yet. People have to face the reality of professional sport bozo and not live in the past.

Furthermore until I hear one of them say I don't want to be here I wont believe the sky is falling.

I don't think too many are suggesting that. Having a good team is important not necessarily having stand out players... You talked about our need for marquee players like Foz & Cherry to attract kids. Here are our stats for the past 10 seasons, interesting 2005 & 2006 were our best crowd averages despite the lack of super stars. Kids have all sorts of reasons for picking their favourite players, my 2 oldest kids love Wolfman. Not exactly a marquee player though.

Year Crowd Av. Ladder Position
2014 12,613 2
2013 13,522 4
2012 14,593 4
2011 13,951 2
2010 13,821 8
2009 13,824 5
2008 13,694 2
2007 14,527 2
2006 15,794 5
2005 15,171 8

In those decades we had some of the best administrators the game has ever had and we had decent cheque books. In more recent times we've been a bit lucky bozo. The game has swung a bit. People (clubs) are playing with a lot more cash and sponsors than we are. We are considered a small market team. We need to keep winning and in my opinion we need to keep our halves together. Choc was a pelican. neither of these guys has gone off the deep end and said anything unforgeable yet. People have to face the reality of professional sport bozo and not live in the past.

Furthermore until I hear one of them say I don't want to be here I wont believe the sky is falling.
Arko left . Our money had gone and the Super league war left us on our knees that's how lucky we were . We were very lucky that our culture does not have any pessimistic views like yours and that our great culture keeps rising above all odds and always triumph letting no one and nothing stand in our way of success . That's the reality feathered friend so keep your head up and stop spitting your dummy out ,

I don't think too many are suggesting that. Having a good team is important not necessarily having stand out players... You talked about our need for marquee players like Foz & Cherry to attract kids. Here are our stats for the past 10 seasons, interesting 2005 & 2006 were our best crowd averages despite the lack of super stars. Kids have all sorts of reasons for picking their favourite players, my 2 oldest kids love Wolfman. Not exactly a marquee player though.

2014 12,613 2
2013 13,522 4
2012 14,593 4
2011 13,951 2
2010 13,821 8
2009 13,824 5
2008 13,694 2
2007 14,527 2
2006 15,794 5
2005 15,171 8
Agree with what you say. I suspect also that in the mid 2000s we had lots more day games vs good opponents - when did Monday nights start? It seems like lately any time we get a day game it is against an out of town lowly team that won't bring many of their own fans.

2014 12,613 2
2013 13,522 4
2012 14,593 4
2011 13,951 2
2010 13,821 8
2009 13,824 5
2008 13,694 2
2007 14,527 2
2006 15,794 5
2005 15,171 8

statistics can be used to prove anything 60% of all people know that.

Also you're partly making my point we had a successful team. 2005 marked the first time we had made the finals since the 90s. It also marked the emergence of some superstars. That was a breakout year for the stewarts. We had BK for 2005-2006 and the club had hope for the first time in years. and who could forget the mighty beaver!

Go to a primary school a lot of kids like cherry and foz everyone wants to pretend to be a half. On second thoughts don't go to a primary school they may call the police. ;)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10